Holy crap, there's a D7000 in the classifieds for $650. He claims it to be MINT, so that price is awesome. I wish I had the extra coin.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hello! I am having a hard time choosing between Denon 5k and 7k. Last post on 8/26/10 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon owners respond Last post on 8/26/10 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDSDPrice: $499 at musicdirect.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob (On/Off)Power Connector: USB 3.0 Male, USB 3.0...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: Chord Electronics Limited U.K.Model: MojoPrice: $599 at moon-audio.com Volume Control: One “+” and one “-” volume ball button.Power Connector: USB, Micro BBattery Life:...
*This review comes from my Portable Amp / Dac Shootout.Posted as a reference for users. For the full review, see: [[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: Resonessence LabsModel: CONCERO HPPrice: $850...
Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! - Page 212post #3166 of 496912/26/13 at 5:59pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3167 of 496912/26/13 at 8:02pm
anyone using these with virtual surround (eg. dolby headphone) for watching movies?
i find the D2000 great for movies, and just wondering whether it's worth adding virtual surround "to the mix" (HA!). with the awesome sub-bass and good soundstage for closed headphones, i would think these would work great...but i've never actually tried virtual surround myself...post #3168 of 496912/26/13 at 10:09pm
I watched Batman, The Dark Knight with them the other day. They were connected to my Astro MixAmp which puts out Dolby Surround sound. It was great :)post #3169 of 496912/26/13 at 10:22pmQuote:
ah nice. yeah Astro MixAmp or similar is what i'll probably need (running an HTPC with no spare slots). so worth the investment over the denons in plain stereo you'd say?
Edited by caprimulgus - 12/26/13 at 10:24pmpost #3170 of 496912/26/13 at 11:09pm
There are probably amps that put out Dolby digital 5.1 for less than the $129 the MixAmp will cost you, but if you're a gamer, you can't get much better than the MixAmp, IMO. This is my 2nd MixAmp and 2nd A40 headset, I sold my 2009 set to upgrade to the newer 2012 set (when that was the latest revision)post #3171 of 496912/26/13 at 11:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by cCasper TFG
There are probably amps that put out Dolby digital 5.1 for less than the $129 the MixAmp will cost you, but if you're a gamer, you can't get much better than the MixAmp, IMO. This is my 2nd MixAmp and 2nd A40 headset, I sold my 2009 set to upgrade to the newer 2012 set (when that was the latest revision)
not really a gamer (play games, but mainly platformers and such...positional audio not important). so this would be purely for watching movies.
i just realised the MixAmp needs optical input to accept multi-channel input (only works in stereo over USB). i don't actually have a soundcard in my HTPC (i use HDMI to the TV/HT, or fiio e17 to headphones...neither of which can output multi-channel over optical out). so i'd need to get a new usb soundcard to use the mixamp, or find a usb soundcard that does dolby headphone like the mixamp.
will look into it! cheers.post #3172 of 496912/27/13 at 6:16amQuote:
Nice, there is a mint pair of D7ks that where sold by another Head Fi member a few months ago, they had a fair amount of work and where blitzkreiged for $650, that may be the very same pair selling for 100% of the purchase price [I tip my hat to him if he is indeed selling for what he paid]
That said my D2k ought to have been here like next week but... Martin keeps running into problems -.- I'm hoping he can lower his price a little assuming all the delays on his end. I'd like to be able to recommend him, the wood work is phenomial but thus far the communication is sub par... and I also work 2 jobs. 3rd Walmart and second shift PC Repair, so... I don't take kindly to the "too busy to communicate" excuse.
That said, I'll have to live with Stock pads and no Cup Dampen mod for a month or so, the money I had for mods went to some stuff for my pc :/
but It's most likely best to live with it 2-3 weeks stock [+wood cup] before I start modding it :3post #3173 of 496912/27/13 at 6:32amAt this point you should just consider doing the dampening yourself man. There are templates for it here on headfi for the dynamat, and it's really easy. It could cost you $20 to do yourself and who knows how much for someone else to do it.post #3174 of 496912/27/13 at 9:25amQuote:
Oh yea, I'm not going to PAY some one to dampen it, it's $30 for MarkL DIy mod kit so I'm going that route. But I'm going to wait at least a few weeks, I want to just enjoy them at this point. Having waited like well literally almost 8 weeks for them :/post #3175 of 496912/27/13 at 1:08pmQuote:
Great idea, and I think the best way to go. I too was going to dampen my D2000 after Martin's cups were done.................after listening to them for a month on and off, nope.post #3176 of 496912/27/13 at 1:48pmQuote:
Im still confident ill do the driver mods but I doubt ill do the cups
Ill get alphas to when i go to do le modspost #3177 of 496912/27/13 at 2:02pmQuote:
Give us some of your impression of the cans so far, been looking forward to hearing from youpost #3178 of 496912/27/13 at 2:49pmQuote:
Pff it'll be another week before I get them -.-
Martin won't be able to ship em till the First of the year, which is about a week away.post #3179 of 496912/29/13 at 12:45pm
Not to do a plug for myself here... but for those of you looking to score a pair of d2000s, I have just listed mine for sale in the classifieds. http://www.head-fi.org/t/697408/fs-used-denon-ah-d2000post #3180 of 496912/29/13 at 8:41pmQuote:
You've been waiting for your D2Ks since before I got my pair. Lol
- Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC 27 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 41 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Free and easy tip and your hard drive will thank you. 4 minutes ago
- › Dapper for Mac updates: App to sync iTunes with your DAP 6 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 6 minutes ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 6 minutes ago
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear