Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! - Page 203

post #3031 of 4375

Got my Denon D2000 today, big improvement compare to the AHD1001, bit heavier though, but nice overall, the make of the headphone is solid

post #3032 of 4375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 

I'm not so sure the TH600 is plastic...............isn't it some kind of alloy? 

Die cast magnesium alloy iirc.


Edited by Tangster - 11/21/13 at 9:04am
post #3033 of 4375

I saw a video once of a company that makes cellos using carbon fiber, apparently they sound very good too. Headphones with carbon fiber cups would be nice and very light too.

post #3034 of 4375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schonen View Post
 

I saw a video once of a company that makes cellos using carbon fiber, apparently they sound very good too. Headphones with carbon fiber cups would be nice and very light too.

 

Holy crap, they're pretty affordable too.

 

Here's the company that makes them:

http://www.luisandclark.com/

post #3035 of 4375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taowolf51 View Post
 

 

Holy crap, they're pretty affordable too.

 

Here's the company that makes them:

http://www.luisandclark.com/

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schonen View Post
 

I saw a video once of a company that makes cellos using carbon fiber, apparently they sound very good too. Headphones with carbon fiber cups would be nice and very light too.

Because of you two, I have been watching How-To videos on making carbon fiber parts. It looks fairly simple if you have the right materials and prep properly. If I made carbon fiber cups I would want them to be deeper than the current cups. The only thing I could see being frustrating would be how to make it fit back onto the headphones and screw together without any sound leaks. Hmm.. I will be pondering this for a while. 

post #3036 of 4375

For those who were looking for a "new" pair of D2000s, a pair that is "barely used" just popped up in the FS forums. 

post #3037 of 4375
Quote:
Originally Posted by cCasper TFG View Post
 

 

Because of you two, I have been watching How-To videos on making carbon fiber parts. It looks fairly simple if you have the right materials and prep properly. If I made carbon fiber cups I would want them to be deeper than the current cups. The only thing I could see being frustrating would be how to make it fit back onto the headphones and screw together without any sound leaks. Hmm.. I will be pondering this for a while. 

Use a machined aluminium retention ring. Glue the carbon fibre cups to the ring and screw the ring into the frame like the normal cups.

post #3038 of 4375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post


I'm not so sure the TH600 is plastic...............isn't it some kind of alloy? 

And the D7000 is staying - I've got five separate head fi stations including my office one at work so I need the quality phones to supply the stations. 

I forget ur some big time buisness man

I can approve of an alloy... but no plastic frown.gif that said... Dan give us a wooden back alpha plz
post #3039 of 4375

I just took off the cup for the right ear to make a mold, and while having it off I listened to some music to see if I could hear a difference between the drivers open vs. closed. While they're open the bass is so out of control. I would never say that these things love to breathe, they need that back pressure. They become so flabby it's disgusting. I can feel the open side vibrating on the side of my head because there's so much bass, and the closed side sits still. The mids and highs aren't as washed out though. 

post #3040 of 4375
Quote:
Originally Posted by cCasper TFG View Post

I just took off the cup for the right ear to make a mold, and while having it off I listened to some music to see if I could hear a difference between the drivers open vs. closed. While they're open the bass is so out of control. I would never say that these things love to breathe, they need that back pressure. They become so flabby it's disgusting. I can feel the open side vibrating on the side of my head because there's so much bass, and the closed side sits still. The mids and highs aren't as washed out though. 

Interesting. Martin Custom did at least one open back D2000 cup mod. Wonder how it sounded. There's also a D7000 open back thread on here that's been active for quite some time.
post #3041 of 4375
Quote:
Originally Posted by cCasper TFG View Post
 

For those who were looking for a "new" pair of D2000s, a pair that is "barely used" just popped up in the FS forums. 

 

they're mine, keep away! :)

 

i want in this club!

post #3042 of 4375

I saw some pictures of the open back cups in the gallery of this thread, maybe the cups just having a hole cut out of them tamed some of the bass. With the cup totally off, it was terrible!

post #3043 of 4375

Just a cheap 4.5' Mogami w2893 cable for my D2000's :) 

Finally, I can use these on the go.

 

 

post #3044 of 4375

Oh, wow. Beautiful craftsmanship, as per normal :) 

post #3045 of 4375

ok, i don't know if i'm being retarded, but where the hell (city/state) are Lawton Audio and Martin Custom Audio located???

 

"Q: Where is Lawton Audio?

A: We are proud to be in the USA..."

 

yeah, that's not very helpful guys...

 

am i missing something? i am completely baffled that neither company lists an address or at the very least what city/state they are in!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!