or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! - Page 194

post #2896 of 4946
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

That wood looks beautiful. 

I KNOW. I really hope I don't have to mod the wood any. Hoping that JUST a Driver Dampen will clean the D2k up enough for me

post #2897 of 4946

Honestly, dampened or not, knowing your sound signature preferences, I think you'll be happy either way. 

post #2898 of 4946
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

Honestly, dampened or not, knowing your sound signature preferences, I think you'll be happy either way. 

True, I started on a XB 700... yea +20 Sub and Mid bass like a BAWS. Sold it because at the end of time it was WAY TO MUCH bass. That said I do prefer a little less bass now a days :O my CAR eq is set to only +2 Bass... I used to have it on 6! Over time it's come down.

 

So bass decay really gets to me so I'm going to mod that somma gun one way or another. ANd apprently the Driver mods are less effective than the Wood Backs. THat said, let's start small first ;3 

 

so exicted :D

post #2899 of 4946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/642063/fs-ft-denon-d2000-lantinen-cocobolo-cups-d7000-cable-liton-usa-3-5mm-plug

 

Guess who's the new owner of these babies :3 Cost me about $550 q.q, but iJimmy is having a little work done to them before they head to me. I'm actually going to see if Martin will work that D7k Cable into a balanced set up, 4pin XLR retermination 

 

Either way, I assume it's going to be december before I see the Headphone. Asuming the repairs and retermination I'm looking at getting. THEN going to grab some Alpha Pads and call it a day! 

 

Any one have a good guide to replaceing the pads >.> seems a little harder than the HE 400 and W1000x pad swaps 

The Lawton Audio site has a tutorial on installing pads in MOD GUIDES section 


Edited by MIKELAP - 11/7/13 at 6:11am
post #2900 of 4946
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKELAP View Post
 

The Lawton Audio site has a tutorial on installing pads in MOD GUIDES section 

Yea I got that bookmarked as well, it's always nice though to have multiple guides. I had a guide for my HE 400 as well which proved useless... so I'd like more than one xD

 

Anyways. I'm really hoping Martin can do a little Dampening Mod on the Drivers while he has them. As I'd hate to open the headphone up my self >.> plus $100 for the Full DIY Lawton Tuneing is well... kinda to much imo [HELL I've got some Dynamat SOME where in my house I could mod it with]

 

although IT seems MarkL is not useing Dynamat though... 

post #2901 of 4946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

Yea I got that bookmarked as well, it's always nice though to have multiple guides. I had a guide for my HE 400 as well which proved useless... so I'd like more than one xD

 

Anyways. I'm really hoping Martin can do a little Dampening Mod on the Drivers while he has them. As I'd hate to open the headphone up my self >.> plus $100 for the Full DIY Lawton Tuneing is well... kinda to much imo [HELL I've got some Dynamat SOME where in my house I could mod it with]

 

although IT seems MarkL is not useing Dynamat though... 


Ok, so from the top -

 

1. Congrats - glad you and Jimmy worked it out.

2. Martin will not do damping - and also says he doesn't believe in it.  This is what he told me when he did my D2K

3. The Alpha pads fit on the Denon's easily.  Not much stretching involved so don't fret about it.  I have them on two of my three and have a pair of Alpha's on the way to put on my D7K to test vs the Lawton angle pads to see which I prefer. I know the Alpha comfort is unbeatable so it'll be just sound changes.

4. Congrats!  :blink:   Do I get a commission? 


Edited by Oregonian - 11/7/13 at 7:21am
post #2902 of 4946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 


Ok, so from the top -

 

1. Congrats - glad you and Jimmy worked it out.

2. Martin will not do damping - and also says he doesn't believe in it.  This is what he told me when he did my D2K

3. The Alpha pads fit on the Denon's easily.  Not much stretching involved so don't fret about it.  I have them on two of my three and have a pair of Alpha's on the way to put on my D7K to test vs the Lawton angle pads to see which I prefer. I know the Alpha comfort is unbeatable so it'll be just sound changes.

4. Congrats!  :blink:   Do I get a commission? 

does not BELIEVE... so then can I assume his wood is magical and will dampen naturally over the crappy plastic! Good to know as I would like to save some money and just get them reteriminated 

 

and you get pictures xD

post #2903 of 4946

Fun story, pulled some Freq Graphs for the D2k... guess who else has the same reponse from 10-1000hrz as the D2k... the HE freakin 6. Yea I think I'm going to like these :D. Might do the Lawton Mods my self [I took apart my W1000x] 

 

Actually it's $129 for the Mod Kit AND the Lawton Pads :O damn that's cheap! And Hell I know I can do it all under an hour without rushing my self... I think I'm going to put my Wii Up for sale... RIGHT now so I can pay for that Mod KIT :O 

post #2904 of 4946

The D2000 sounds nothing like it measures.

post #2905 of 4946
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post
 

The D2000 sounds nothing like it measures

I figured as much, either way just gettin excited! 

post #2906 of 4946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMRaven View Post
 

The D2000 sounds nothing like it measures

I figured as much, either way just gettin excited! 

 

They are fun headphones, that cant be denied. Are they HE-6 quality? Obviously not but who's to say they aren't more fun. 

 

 

Thanks,

 

 

:evil:

post #2907 of 4946
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonFox View Post
 

 

They are fun headphones, that cant be denied. Are they HE-6 quality? Obviously not but who's to say they aren't more fun. 

 

 

Thanks,

 

 

:evil:

Oh yea obviously they aren't HE 6 quality lol, that's a given. Still though I don't want an HE 6, I want something fun with isolation! 

post #2908 of 4946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

I want something fun with isolation! 

 

Jail?

post #2909 of 4946
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

 

Jail?

LOL

post #2910 of 4946
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Lotus View Post
 

 

Jail?

I was thinking solitary 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!