Great - get'em while you can...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hello! I am having a hard time choosing between Denon 5k and 7k. Last post on 8/26/10 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon owners respond Last post on 8/26/10 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction:The newest member of Noble Audio’s line of IEMs, the Savant, has taken Head-Fi by storm and has caught the attention of many eager Head-Fier – myself included. Noble’s reputation for...
These headphones will let you know if your source is good or not. I won't repeat much of the pros and cons of this headphone that hasn't already been said. These are really comfortable for...
Out-of-box experience.....Accessories and packaging Receiving and unboxing the RHA T20 gives the impression that this product is not just "some" product. Everything signals quality and thought....
Firstly, like to thank Billy from Busisoft for organising the Westone UM PRO 10 for this review. Westone needs no introduction, they are one of the industry leaders for professional monitors...
Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! - Page 162post #2416 of 45951/2/13 at 11:40am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2417 of 45951/2/13 at 11:56am
Hey guys so I've been using my D2000 through my E17 for the past year now and now I'm looking for the next step. I love the Denon sound signature and was wondering would it be worth it to get a pair of D5000 for around $500 and send my D2000 to Lawton Audio to get it to maybe a LA2000-lite? I listen to mostly trance, hiphop, r&b but also love acoustic and alternative rock. Thanks for the help.post #2418 of 45951/2/13 at 12:06pm
Which portable amp would be able to properly drive a D5000? I'm currently looking at the E17, but haven't really looked further & thought I might make some use of the expertise of you guys ;)
Budget would be about 150$post #2419 of 45951/2/13 at 12:09pmQuote:
The O2 is great with the D5ks, I like it much more then the E17 with them. I am not a big O2 fan, but it makes the D5k sound clean and tight.post #2420 of 45951/2/13 at 2:33pmQuote:
I currently solely use an iPod nano 3g as source & dac & amp. But seeing as I'm getting the D5000's,
would it be better to only take the amping part away from the iPod (eg. O2, also just read about FiiO's E12 and it looks sexy)
or should I lift both the task of DAC & amp to another portable device ?post #2421 of 45951/2/13 at 3:29pmQuote:I'd skip buying the d5000s and get Lawton to mod your d2000s.Originally Posted by AznInvasion138
Hey guys so I've been using my D2000 through my E17 for the past year now and now I'm looking for the next step. I love the Denon sound signature and was wondering would it be worth it to get a pair of D5000 for around $500 and send my D2000 to Lawton Audio to get it to maybe a LA2000-lite? I listen to mostly trance, hiphop, r&b but also love acoustic and alternative rock. Thanks for the help.post #2422 of 45951/2/13 at 4:16pmpost #2423 of 45951/2/13 at 4:43pmpost #2424 of 45951/2/13 at 4:54pmpost #2425 of 45951/2/13 at 7:00pmThe drivers in the d2000 and d5000 are he same. If you change the cups to lawton cups why start with the more expensive d5000. I bought my d5000 at dealer cost and didn't know if I was going to mod them. In retrospect wish I had bought the d2000 and the better Lawton cups.
Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my denon's. But wish I had the sexier Lawton cups. I did recently dent one of the stock cups. That's excuse to order lawtons right?post #2426 of 45951/2/13 at 8:57pm
Well the lawton cups + mods might be already worth what a D5000 would worth over even exceeding it. The resale value of a LA2000 versus a D5000, on the other hand hmm... So that's one thing you could consider
Also purely aesthetics wise, I like the Denon stock D5k or 7k cups both more than the Lawton ones, :Ppost #2427 of 45951/3/13 at 5:06ampost #2428 of 45951/3/13 at 1:29pm
So sound wise if I do decide to Lawton mod my D2000 what will they exactly do? Bring out the mids more and make the highs less sparkly? I would like to keep the bass that the D2000 has and maybe widen the soundstage? Will modding them help me accomplis these things? Haha thanks.post #2429 of 45951/3/13 at 9:45pm
Would it be more beneficial to go for a LA2000 or possibly get a D7000 for $700? The upgrades themselves would cost around $500 so I was wondering what would have the better sound quality and value?post #2430 of 45951/4/13 at 12:27am
- Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Audio GD SA-31 head amp/ preamp . A powerfull Head Amp with... 23 seconds ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 3 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon, CyberX, Qpad Thread 5 minutes ago
- › LEAR is now landing on Philippine! 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 mods 9 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 9 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 12 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by Cotnijoe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by snellemin
- › Don Scorpio sMushroom HD Bluetooth iem by Baycode
- › RHA T20 by rasmushorn
- › Westone UM Pro10 High Performance Single Driver Noise-Isolating... by pformagg
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by suman134
- › Noontec Hammo S Over Ear Headphone Audiophile Sound Stylish Looking... by Lunatique
- › OPPO PM-3 by RazrLeaf
- › Xtreme Xplosives In Ear by Omar717
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by morethansense
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)