Great - get'em while you can...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hello! I am having a hard time choosing between Denon 5k and 7k. Last post on 8/26/10 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon owners respond Last post on 8/26/10 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction With thanks to my esteemed colleague and front page superstar @glassmonkey for fronting this review spectacular. 3 cheers also go out to Iain and the rest of the RHA team for...
Thanks go to earphonia.com who were pleased to let me give the excellently valued Co-Donguri earphone a spin. Pairings Equipment Hidizs AP60 Chord Mojo Dac Intro My second IEM...
Kaiser Encore: Early impressions Please note: This review is posted only so I could share my (very) early impressions, as I know many are eager to hear about the latest Noble (co-) flagship....
Note: I have previously reviewed the K10 from Noble, where I covered much of Noble’s history and order process. For this reason, I will use some of the portions of that review that pertain to Noble...
Founded in 2014 in Guangzhou, China, Shinrico is a company focused on digital electronic products in the field of high-tech enterprises. Recently I reviewed their excellent D3S Digital...
Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! - Page 162post #2416 of 49461/2/13 at 11:40am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2417 of 49461/2/13 at 11:56am
Hey guys so I've been using my D2000 through my E17 for the past year now and now I'm looking for the next step. I love the Denon sound signature and was wondering would it be worth it to get a pair of D5000 for around $500 and send my D2000 to Lawton Audio to get it to maybe a LA2000-lite? I listen to mostly trance, hiphop, r&b but also love acoustic and alternative rock. Thanks for the help.post #2418 of 49461/2/13 at 12:06pm
Which portable amp would be able to properly drive a D5000? I'm currently looking at the E17, but haven't really looked further & thought I might make some use of the expertise of you guys ;)
Budget would be about 150$post #2419 of 49461/2/13 at 12:09pmQuote:
The O2 is great with the D5ks, I like it much more then the E17 with them. I am not a big O2 fan, but it makes the D5k sound clean and tight.post #2420 of 49461/2/13 at 2:33pmQuote:
I currently solely use an iPod nano 3g as source & dac & amp. But seeing as I'm getting the D5000's,
would it be better to only take the amping part away from the iPod (eg. O2, also just read about FiiO's E12 and it looks sexy)
or should I lift both the task of DAC & amp to another portable device ?post #2421 of 49461/2/13 at 3:29pmQuote:I'd skip buying the d5000s and get Lawton to mod your d2000s.Originally Posted by AznInvasion138
Hey guys so I've been using my D2000 through my E17 for the past year now and now I'm looking for the next step. I love the Denon sound signature and was wondering would it be worth it to get a pair of D5000 for around $500 and send my D2000 to Lawton Audio to get it to maybe a LA2000-lite? I listen to mostly trance, hiphop, r&b but also love acoustic and alternative rock. Thanks for the help.post #2422 of 49461/2/13 at 4:16pmpost #2423 of 49461/2/13 at 4:43pmpost #2424 of 49461/2/13 at 4:54pmpost #2425 of 49461/2/13 at 7:00pmThe drivers in the d2000 and d5000 are he same. If you change the cups to lawton cups why start with the more expensive d5000. I bought my d5000 at dealer cost and didn't know if I was going to mod them. In retrospect wish I had bought the d2000 and the better Lawton cups.
Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my denon's. But wish I had the sexier Lawton cups. I did recently dent one of the stock cups. That's excuse to order lawtons right?post #2426 of 49461/2/13 at 8:57pm
Well the lawton cups + mods might be already worth what a D5000 would worth over even exceeding it. The resale value of a LA2000 versus a D5000, on the other hand hmm... So that's one thing you could consider
Also purely aesthetics wise, I like the Denon stock D5k or 7k cups both more than the Lawton ones, :Ppost #2427 of 49461/3/13 at 5:06ampost #2428 of 49461/3/13 at 1:29pm
So sound wise if I do decide to Lawton mod my D2000 what will they exactly do? Bring out the mids more and make the highs less sparkly? I would like to keep the bass that the D2000 has and maybe widen the soundstage? Will modding them help me accomplis these things? Haha thanks.post #2429 of 49461/3/13 at 9:45pm
Would it be more beneficial to go for a LA2000 or possibly get a D7000 for $700? The upgrades themselves would cost around $500 so I was wondering what would have the better sound quality and value?post #2430 of 49461/4/13 at 12:27am
- Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Upcoming DAP from xDuoo - the X10! 18 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 43 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Cypherus Audio Products Appreciation and Discussion Thread:... 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK8SE / MK6 Super Mods (All verified mods are on first... 5 minutes ago
- › Is this a hot deal? 6 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 7 minutes ago
- › Elekit TU-8200 DX Headphone/Speaker Amp Review 9 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio thread 10 minutes ago
- › RHA CL750 by Takeanidea
- › Ocharaku Co-Donguri IEM by Takeanidea
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Sorensiim
- › Noble Audio Katana by cvbcbcmv
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear