- 1,851 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Location: Sydney, Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hello! I am having a hard time choosing between Denon 5k and 7k. Last post on 8/26/10 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon owners respond Last post on 8/26/10 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! - Page 160post #2386 of 500112/1/12 at 5:53pmWell that's up to you but often headphone masters that knows how to break into hp and fix stuff are also cable people. Some say they are recablers, some say they are repairers.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2387 of 500112/2/12 at 11:24amQuote:Originally Posted by DS21
So, my D2000's broke. The socket on the right end of the band will no longer hold the screw.
Anything else comparable with but without the D2000's risible build quality (the left side had come apart a few times, but this is the first issue with the right) today for reasonable money? Or should I just superglue the thing together and deal? They are great-sounding cans.
(If theres a will theres a way) .is it the threads inside the pivot assembly that are stripped if so it might be possible to drill a little bigger and tap the whole or maybe the existing hole is a standard size and would just have to tap the hole. from the looks of it the thread would be in pivot. if you had pics of the parts involve it would help to figure out what can be done if anythingi .post #2388 of 500112/2/12 at 11:52amQuote:Originally Posted by DS21
I didn't see anything at the Martin site about this problem. They offer new cups but don't have anything to deal with Denon's horribly-made unipivot.
But there's another thing, admittedly. Honestly, I'd rather repeatedly drive over my D2000's than give a cent to anyone involved in the "recabling" scam.
What's the re cabling scam?post #2389 of 500112/2/12 at 12:54pmpost #2390 of 500112/2/12 at 7:13pmpost #2391 of 500112/2/12 at 10:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by MIKELAP
(If theres a will theres a way) .is it the threads inside the pivot assembly that are stripped if so it might be possible to drill a little bigger and tap the whole or maybe the existing hole is a standard size and would just have to tap the hole. from the looks of it the thread would be in pivot. if you had pics of the parts involve it would help to figure out what can be done if anythingi .
Yes, the screw-holes in pivot appear to be stripped. The little screw itself seems to be fine.
This forum is not exactly a reality-based place when it comes to topics such as wire-swapping and other pointless "tweaks," and there are fairly obvious pecuniary interests that make reality-denial in the rational self-interest of various actors. So beyond my previous spontaneous expression of revulsion at the thought of dealing with such scammers and my previous sentence in this paragraph, I won't say more here. Even if you try to draw me out. :)Quote:Originally Posted by gelocks
And... once again...
Thank you for the link! missed that in my search. Good that they're finally doing this now, given that I had to all but invoke FRCP Rule 23 last time I had a problem. (In the summer of 2010 the left earcup fell off, and the little washer disappeared. It took some doing to get them to just put one of the little washers in the mail.
I am confused as to how to remove the stripped piece, though. (The piece in question is the one that has the rivet-head on top of the headband flange, going through the flange to accept the screw from the earcup. It appears to be fixed in place. Does it just take a good shove?
At any rate, I ended up just putting some superglue in the screw-hole on Saturday, threading the screw in, and clamping it together for 24 hours. If by chance it holds, great. If not, good to know Denon is actually selling replacement parts now, and not just trying to get people to send their headphones back when they break. Which they will, because the build quality is as risible as the sound quality is spectacular.
Edited by DS21 - 12/3/12 at 8:12ampost #2392 of 500112/5/12 at 6:31pmpost #2393 of 500112/5/12 at 7:15pmQuote:
Who and what parts? What's the email address?post #2394 of 500112/5/12 at 7:52pmpost #2395 of 500112/6/12 at 8:11amQuote:
How did you get the cap - p/n (7)-9 - off?post #2396 of 500112/10/12 at 6:15ampost #2397 of 500112/10/12 at 8:14amQuote:
I put wood finish / polish on them every few months. Be careful no the rub to hard and take off the writing.post #2398 of 500112/10/12 at 8:16ampost #2399 of 500112/10/12 at 2:00pmQuote:
Has anyone tried putting a lacquer on the D5000 cups? The D7000 cups seem to be so much easier to take care of.post #2400 of 500112/10/12 at 2:19pm
To the above, I think you could use a plastic buffing compound maybe, and bring them up to a higher gloss finish like plasticx or whatever. Not sure though, would have to ask someone who has tried it.
- Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › ifI iCan Pro - Impressions & Discussion 25 seconds ago
- › Best In-Ear Monitor for Jazz in the $300 range? 33 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 45 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 55 seconds ago
- › Ranking the Stars - flinkenick's 2017 IEM Flagship Shootout 1 minute ago
- › Bowers&Wilkins new flagship the P9! 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 3 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › DC Area Head-Fi Meet - Next 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear