- 1,851 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Location: Sydney, Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hello! I am having a hard time choosing between Denon 5k and 7k. Last post on 8/26/10 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon owners respond Last post on 8/26/10 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
REVIEW: Remax RM-800MD Specifications: Driver: Knowles Balanced armature + 9.2mm dynamic driver Impedance: 16ohm Sensitivity: 98dB Frequency Response: 20Hz-20 kHz Price: U$D...
First of all, I'd like to thank Burson Audio for giving me this opportunity. I really mean it. Secondly, this is my first review what so ever so please bear that in mind :) . I got home one...
Inside the box Besides the headphone's being neatly folded inside of the box, they give you an manual and two cables. The first cable is an USB cable which is used to charge the battery inside of...
For larger images - please click individual photosINTRODUCTIONThis was the 2nd round of the HifiMan review tour of the two new DAPs in their portfolio. I posted the review of the SuperMini earlier...
Linking Mart/Agptek kindly sent me their latest Lossless Media player for review. External Features The first thing that strikes you about this player is its sheer weight and feeling of solidity...
Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread! - Page 160post #2386 of 493312/1/12 at 5:53pmWell that's up to you but often headphone masters that knows how to break into hp and fix stuff are also cable people. Some say they are recablers, some say they are repairers.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2387 of 493312/2/12 at 11:24amQuote:Originally Posted by DS21
So, my D2000's broke. The socket on the right end of the band will no longer hold the screw.
Anything else comparable with but without the D2000's risible build quality (the left side had come apart a few times, but this is the first issue with the right) today for reasonable money? Or should I just superglue the thing together and deal? They are great-sounding cans.
(If theres a will theres a way) .is it the threads inside the pivot assembly that are stripped if so it might be possible to drill a little bigger and tap the whole or maybe the existing hole is a standard size and would just have to tap the hole. from the looks of it the thread would be in pivot. if you had pics of the parts involve it would help to figure out what can be done if anythingi .post #2388 of 493312/2/12 at 11:52amQuote:Originally Posted by DS21
I didn't see anything at the Martin site about this problem. They offer new cups but don't have anything to deal with Denon's horribly-made unipivot.
But there's another thing, admittedly. Honestly, I'd rather repeatedly drive over my D2000's than give a cent to anyone involved in the "recabling" scam.
What's the re cabling scam?post #2389 of 493312/2/12 at 12:54pmpost #2390 of 493312/2/12 at 7:13pmpost #2391 of 493312/2/12 at 10:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by MIKELAP
(If theres a will theres a way) .is it the threads inside the pivot assembly that are stripped if so it might be possible to drill a little bigger and tap the whole or maybe the existing hole is a standard size and would just have to tap the hole. from the looks of it the thread would be in pivot. if you had pics of the parts involve it would help to figure out what can be done if anythingi .
Yes, the screw-holes in pivot appear to be stripped. The little screw itself seems to be fine.
This forum is not exactly a reality-based place when it comes to topics such as wire-swapping and other pointless "tweaks," and there are fairly obvious pecuniary interests that make reality-denial in the rational self-interest of various actors. So beyond my previous spontaneous expression of revulsion at the thought of dealing with such scammers and my previous sentence in this paragraph, I won't say more here. Even if you try to draw me out. :)Quote:Originally Posted by gelocks
And... once again...
Thank you for the link! missed that in my search. Good that they're finally doing this now, given that I had to all but invoke FRCP Rule 23 last time I had a problem. (In the summer of 2010 the left earcup fell off, and the little washer disappeared. It took some doing to get them to just put one of the little washers in the mail.
I am confused as to how to remove the stripped piece, though. (The piece in question is the one that has the rivet-head on top of the headband flange, going through the flange to accept the screw from the earcup. It appears to be fixed in place. Does it just take a good shove?
At any rate, I ended up just putting some superglue in the screw-hole on Saturday, threading the screw in, and clamping it together for 24 hours. If by chance it holds, great. If not, good to know Denon is actually selling replacement parts now, and not just trying to get people to send their headphones back when they break. Which they will, because the build quality is as risible as the sound quality is spectacular.
Edited by DS21 - 12/3/12 at 8:12ampost #2392 of 493312/5/12 at 6:31pmpost #2393 of 493312/5/12 at 7:15pmQuote:
Who and what parts? What's the email address?post #2394 of 493312/5/12 at 7:52pmpost #2395 of 493312/6/12 at 8:11amQuote:
How did you get the cap - p/n (7)-9 - off?post #2396 of 493312/10/12 at 6:15ampost #2397 of 493312/10/12 at 8:14amQuote:
I put wood finish / polish on them every few months. Be careful no the rub to hard and take off the writing.post #2398 of 493312/10/12 at 8:16ampost #2399 of 493312/10/12 at 2:00pmQuote:
Has anyone tried putting a lacquer on the D5000 cups? The D7000 cups seem to be so much easier to take care of.post #2400 of 493312/10/12 at 2:19pm
To the above, I think you could use a plastic buffing compound maybe, and bring them up to a higher gloss finish like plasticx or whatever. Not sure though, would have to ask someone who has tried it.
- Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 22 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80-Ohm Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 2 minutes ago
- › WTB/WTT: Schiit Lyr 2 (230v) for €€ or Bottlehead S.E.X 4 minutes ago
- › Kaiser 10 IC 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Kaiser K10 (custom) 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 6 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 7 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP60 HiFi Mini Bluetooth Lossless MP3 Portable Music Player... by Cinder
- › Remax RM-800MD by Zelda
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5i by killerline
- › Over Ear Headphone Shareme 4.1 Bluetooth Foldable Headsets with... by genclaymore
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by Brooko
- › AGPTek H01 HiFi MP3 Player with Volume Knob &2.4 Inch HD... by Peddler
- › V-MODA Crossfade Wireless Over-Ear Headphone - Rouge by Peddler
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by peter123
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM In-Ear by Obery
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by Delance26
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...