So are you making a second attempt?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hello! I am having a hard time choosing between Denon 5k and 7k. Last post on 8/26/10 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon owners respond Last post on 8/26/10 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! - Page 280post #4186 of 419710/22/14 at 1:59pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4187 of 419710/22/14 at 2:07pm
Yeah my cousin said he wanted to take a little break today and then later on tonight do up both cups. He said he wasn't quite sure how they fit at first and made a lot of mistakes.post #4188 of 419710/22/14 at 2:56pmpost #4189 of 419710/22/14 at 2:59pmQuote:
I am in the process of designing a woodie version of Hd800 meets T1's. The whole headphones are going to be easier to make then the single cups for denon 2000's. When the core is done I'm going to send them to you to do your magic.post #4190 of 419710/22/14 at 6:29pmQuote:Quote:Quote:
WOOT 21 here q.q I'm so young, but My LA D5k Should be with me by November lol, it's actually been a year since I got my D2k [ironic huh]post #4191 of 419710/22/14 at 7:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by keyweez360
This isn't entirely about the DX000 line, but it relates - So the metallic sound I mentioned with my D2Ks, I noticed I hear it in the Fostex TH600s as well, though definitely not as much. If I'm playing loud music for example and then instantly mute the audio via Windows 7 mute, or really just in some tracks without extra effort -- I can hear it. It's like I am hearing the residual compression sound or something after the drivers have expanded to pump out the audio. Exact same metallic tinge as my D2Ks, but it subsides much faster where as the Denons ring for just a few ms longer.
Is this a fault in the DX000/THX00 lines, inherent nature of closed-back cans, or maybe just something my ears are sensitive to? Happens with or without my amp, regardless of audio source. The only other headphones I have are the Sennheiser PX-100s, and I do not hear this metallic sound at all with them.
As it was one of the primary reasons I decided to invest in the TH600s, I'm considering returning them now.
I think I have heard something similar. I hear it the most when I turn the volume up or down on my Macs. The ting that is used for the volume has a bit of a metallic sound, or even echoing to it. It's really hard to explain what it sounds like. I have never heard it on any other headphones or IEM's.post #4192 of 419710/23/14 at 4:49am
Alrighty guys, I paid for my D5k, and paid Mark for the Pads, which I'll b installing my self this time around!
So it's time to post pics of it
<3 I'm excited oh I also have some Orignal D5k Cups for salepost #4193 of 419710/23/14 at 4:52amQuote:
Awesome man! Another DIYer!post #4194 of 419710/23/14 at 4:56ampost #4195 of 419710/23/14 at 6:12amQuote:
Congrats buddy! What wood is that? And let me know if you need assistance with the pad install.post #4196 of 419710/23/14 at 6:38ampost #4197 of 419710/23/14 at 7:23amQuote:
Austrillian Sheok I think, as far as tone goes, Mark said he thinks it'a a Tone 3 Wood [or Neutral] Cocobolo was a Tone 4 [dry harder sound] so hopefully the Dampend Sheok will sound better than the Cocobolo D2k I had, it should though as I belive those cups [they look it anyways] r a smidge deeper than stock
N I might just do that, it seems simple enough though. Remove the Toothed Pad Holder, slap on pads under the teeth, reinstall toothed holder. Can't b any harder than the Hifiman Pads [those little teeth are pain] or the W1000x
- Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 20 seconds ago
- › Confused about subwoofer outputs. 34 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 39 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 57 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 1 minute ago
- › Audio-GD Master 9 1 minute ago
- › $1295 Aurender FLOW - portable DAC/amp with mSATA slot for up to... 1 minute ago
- › PRICE DROP Sennheiser HD580 w/ HD600 grills and APuresound cable 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 - Custom/Modded firmwares 3 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)