So are you making a second attempt?
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hello! I am having a hard time choosing between Denon 5k and 7k. Last post on 8/26/10 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon owners respond Last post on 8/26/10 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
I've owned an EarMax and Sennheiser HD 580's for 20 years, so I'm already familiar with tubed OTL headphone amps. The linestage of my old Quicksilver started developing some noise, and I didn't...
I bought these from Amazon about 2 weeks ago, and felt buyer's remorse when I wasn't blown away by the sound. They aren't bad, but they do lack bass and the feel is cheap. They were somewhat...
I would like to thank Brainwavz for the review sample of R3! Brainwavz R3 is a dual dynamic drivers IEM. It has 2 dynamic drivers in each housing, facing each other into a sound blending...
Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! - Page 280post #4186 of 419110/22/14 at 1:59pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #4187 of 419110/22/14 at 2:07pm
Yeah my cousin said he wanted to take a little break today and then later on tonight do up both cups. He said he wasn't quite sure how they fit at first and made a lot of mistakes.post #4188 of 419110/22/14 at 2:56pmpost #4189 of 419110/22/14 at 2:59pmQuote:
I am in the process of designing a woodie version of Hd800 meets T1's. The whole headphones are going to be easier to make then the single cups for denon 2000's. When the core is done I'm going to send them to you to do your magic.post #4190 of 419110/22/14 at 6:29pmQuote:Quote:Quote:
WOOT 21 here q.q I'm so young, but My LA D5k Should be with me by November lol, it's actually been a year since I got my D2k [ironic huh]post #4191 of 419110/22/14 at 7:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by keyweez360
This isn't entirely about the DX000 line, but it relates - So the metallic sound I mentioned with my D2Ks, I noticed I hear it in the Fostex TH600s as well, though definitely not as much. If I'm playing loud music for example and then instantly mute the audio via Windows 7 mute, or really just in some tracks without extra effort -- I can hear it. It's like I am hearing the residual compression sound or something after the drivers have expanded to pump out the audio. Exact same metallic tinge as my D2Ks, but it subsides much faster where as the Denons ring for just a few ms longer.
Is this a fault in the DX000/THX00 lines, inherent nature of closed-back cans, or maybe just something my ears are sensitive to? Happens with or without my amp, regardless of audio source. The only other headphones I have are the Sennheiser PX-100s, and I do not hear this metallic sound at all with them.
As it was one of the primary reasons I decided to invest in the TH600s, I'm considering returning them now.
I think I have heard something similar. I hear it the most when I turn the volume up or down on my Macs. The ting that is used for the volume has a bit of a metallic sound, or even echoing to it. It's really hard to explain what it sounds like. I have never heard it on any other headphones or IEM's.
- Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 34 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Help! Looking for a good multimedia player and amp for Shure SE846 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio Nano iDSD discussion + impression 8 minutes ago
- › Wagnus The famous Japan brand has their cable variant from IC to... 8 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 324 IEMs compared (Brainwavz R3 ver.2 added... 8 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by castleofargh
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)