Oregonian, I also have a STOCK D5000 to arrive this Wednesday. No joke. Enjoy, my friend!
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hello! I am having a hard time choosing between Denon 5k and 7k. Last post on 8/26/10 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon owners respond Last post on 8/26/10 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Fist of all, this is my first ever review,and English is not my native language, so please, have some understanding . I bought these headphones 9 months ago, they were my first "quality"...
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! - Page 262post #3916 of 40446/30/14 at 9:01pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3917 of 40446/30/14 at 9:13pmpost #3918 of 40446/30/14 at 9:39pm
LOL. Going to see if I can get my D2k plastic cups treated with Urushi lacquer like TH-900's (well, minus the gold and platinum leaf) .
I think if the cups are sanded up on the outside it will provide a "key" for the lacquer to grip.
Edited by Lohb - 6/30/14 at 9:42pmpost #3919 of 40447/1/14 at 6:17ampost #3920 of 40447/1/14 at 6:52am
the D2k is getting some listening time, Deep Ambient Tech really does sound better with the D2k, anything with a real mellow slow bass line works nicely for the D2k, the HE 4 while FASTER HARDER AND SCARIER, doesn't really have the mellow laid back groove of the D2k for Deep Tech and Ambientpost #3921 of 40447/2/14 at 9:02pmpost #3922 of 40447/2/14 at 9:28pmQuote:
D5k and Th-900, which one is better all-round in your opinion ?post #3923 of 40447/2/14 at 9:33pm
I think Denon is the better all rounder. I find it more comfortable and a warmer buttery sound that just makes me happy.
D2000 isn't a lagger either, D5000 just feels like the upgrade from it (maybe 20% better) Mainly, mids sound less recessed to me in D5000.
Edited by TWerk - 7/2/14 at 9:35pmpost #3924 of 40447/2/14 at 9:34pmQuote:
I love the Denon sound. Got my stock D5000 in today as well. My D2000 is at work so can't A/B the two but seems the Lawton mods make a real difference. More to come.post #3925 of 40447/2/14 at 9:36pmQuote:
That is amazing with the price difference. Who the heck tunes the cans for Fostex TH series is what I want to know !
I bet they never even compared the Denon/Fostex graphs during production.post #3926 of 40447/2/14 at 9:40pmQuote:
Just my opinion though. I know many people will disagree with me. I'm also a fan of the PRO 900 which some just despise.
Despite it all, Denon AHD line has to be my favorite of all I've tried. They are just musical, sound great unamped or amped, are super comfortable, and provide a good soundstage. They do so much right. I like the looser bass they provide. TH-900 has tighter bass, but I actually like the looser sounding bass.
Edited by TWerk - 7/2/14 at 9:42pmpost #3927 of 40447/6/14 at 7:02pmpost #3928 of 40447/6/14 at 7:55pmQuote:
I just put the new deeper HM5 memory foam pads on my ones. They are oval though, unless you bond them in a circular position on the retaining ring but they will still be shy 0.5 cm round the white ring.
I left them oval and orientated them to the cable entry port below. For me the ear hole is perfect and I suede-topped them.
They are sub-$25 with free shipping and my biggish ears do not touch the driver and fit inside just perfect.
Edited by Lohb - 7/7/14 at 5:45ampost #3929 of 40447/7/14 at 7:03amQuote:post #3930 of 40447/7/14 at 12:24pmQuote:
LOL..............I sent him that link this morning. I'm running them on my D2000 and for $38 quite impressed. Hard to discern a difference to the Lawton angles pads at double the price.
- Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › New Member Introductions thread 10 seconds ago
- › SR60-Mod part II 35 seconds ago
- › Awesome or Gimmick ? Sonys MDR-1ADAC 35 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Decware Select Zen CSP2 Tube Headphone Amp 57 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › HeadRoom Little With More Power Supply 2 minutes ago
- › Centrance Hifi-M8 and Hifi-M8 LX (8 versions!) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Woodied Sennheiser aka SennGrado Tour Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)