Yes, do that.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hello! I am having a hard time choosing between Denon 5k and 7k. Last post on 8/26/10 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon owners respond Last post on 8/26/10 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! - Page 261post #3901 of 40446/30/14 at 7:16am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3902 of 40446/30/14 at 8:21amQuote:Originally Posted by pixelcity
^^yeah the these Denons (D5000, personally) are really capable phones, and have the funnest sound amongst my collection - really easy to reach for. Of course, it also helps I bought these new on clearance making them one of the rare pieces in my vast collection of hobby toys that have actually increased in value . That's academic though; I'll probably never sell them. They will always have a place next to my $$$ phones.
Thanks HeadFi... now I am entertaining trades for HiFiMan HE 500, or maybe LCD 2. It is now up to all of you to talk me out of it.post #3903 of 40446/30/14 at 8:28amQuote:
Do you like the D5000 much more than them?
Edited by TWerk - 6/30/14 at 8:31ampost #3904 of 40446/30/14 at 9:03ampost #3905 of 40446/30/14 at 9:32amQuote:
Those are 2 totally different sounding headphones. When I originally had the D5000's I felt they lacked some clarity and were too bass heavy, but later came to enjoy them for those exact reasons. The 507's were like taking a belt sander to my ear drums. I never came to appreciate them, they sounded very bright and bland at the same time, and the low end presentation felt all wrong. The old Lambda pro's however were very nice and balanced imo.
Only posting that because when you mentioned D5000's and 507's my immediate thought was how opposite those 2 phones are.post #3906 of 40446/30/14 at 9:46am
^ haha I am trying to imagine how much you hate the 507s.
Well, yeah - they are completely different. If you press me for a black and white answer, I like the 507s in nearly every way over the D5000s. That's misleading all by itself. Truth is, I probably need both depending on what mood I am in.
I'm imagining the HE 500s will retain some of the qualities I love about the Denons. Reducing to two generalizations (especially compared to 507): bass slam, fun sound.
I'm sure Denon, HiFiMan, & Stax make a triangle of opposition - Denon being farther away than the other two. I'm willing to trade D5000 sound for something closer to STAX sound. I'm just not about to tie up $$$ in all 3 at once.
Worst case, I hate the HiFiMans and cry myself to sleep clutching a photo of my D5000spost #3907 of 40446/30/14 at 9:51am
Be careful, I didn't like the Hifiman HE-400, but I really do like my D2000. You might want to hold onto the D5000 and compare it to HE-500 before you sell off a headphone that you know you like.post #3908 of 40446/30/14 at 9:57ampost #3909 of 40446/30/14 at 10:15am
I had my HE-500 for about 3 days before I sold it. I couldn't bring myself to like it, and I tried. It was just... boring.. compared to my other cans. I love my D2k though!post #3910 of 40446/30/14 at 12:10pmQuote:
This as well. I loved the Audeze sound 2/3/X....I hated the Hifiman sound (especially the HE500; the 400's were ok for a fun headphone). Owned the 500's for less than a week before I knew it had to go. Sounded all wrong to me....though i know its a fan favorite here on headfi.post #3911 of 40446/30/14 at 12:54pm
I held on to my LA2000 for a while. I got an HE-400 and kept trying to like it, but after 1 month I gave it up. The highs were not only piercing, but they were also a little off in other ways I find difficult to describe. The highs killed HE-400 for me. After I got LCD2 I found that my LA2000 were not getting head time anymore so I sold them. YMMV, but that's how it worked out for me. About a year later and I still have no itch to get any other full sized cans.post #3912 of 40446/30/14 at 1:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by haejuk
I held on to my LA2000 for a while. I got an HE-400 and kept trying to like it, but after 1 month I gave it up. The highs were not only piercing, but they were also a little off in other ways I find difficult to describe. The highs killed HE-400 for me. After I got LCD2 I found that my LA2000 were not getting head time anymore so I sold them. YMMV, but that's how it worked out for me. About a year later and I still have no itch to get any other full sized cans.
I traded my HE 400 for an LA D2000, very good move on my part
how ever I did like the LCD 2, it kinda reminded me of the D2k, with a touch less bass slam and less upper mids.post #3913 of 40446/30/14 at 2:13pmQuote:
Same as everyone here, the sound just isn't as exciting as a Denon.
What really bothered me was the comfort. They feel like you are wearing two bricks on your head.
Very heavy and it's noticeable coming from a light headphone like a Denon.
Not to mention, they leak sound like crazy, but that should be expected from a completely open back headphone. Just not a good choice overall, for me at least.post #3914 of 40446/30/14 at 5:41pm
- Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 8 seconds ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 49 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 1 minute ago
- › 9/13/14 Lawrence, Kansas Headfi meeting Impression. 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO E10K--all-new DAC and amp stages 3 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z1 Compact 4 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-3 balanced portable dac/amp 5 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 5 minutes ago
- › CREATE THE ULTIMATE FPS HEADSET!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 6 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)