Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! - Page 253

post #3781 of 3954
Must be a planar thing but I auditioned the XC and put them back in the box after a half hour. Was coincidentally doing a side by side with my D2000's and that lack of thump did me in.

Cripple, what wood are those cups on your Denon? Very sweet.......
post #3782 of 3954

Also, sharper highs are tamed when you run them un-amped... I quite like these headphones just straight plugged into my laptop.

 

Sure bass isn't as tight, but these headphones sound great with a little bass bloat in my opinion. One of the very few I've liked to listen straight out of my devices, and it's a strength of this headphone.

post #3783 of 3954

They're deep cup Mexican Cocobolo Rosewood. They look and SOUND beautiful. :o2smile:

post #3784 of 3954
Quote:
Originally Posted by cripple1 View Post

They're deep cup Mexican Cocobolo Rosewood. They look and SOUND beautiful. o2smile.gif

Are they Martin Custom cups? Both Mshenays and I have COCOBOLO Rosewood from Martin, mine extra deep. I ebpnded up Lawton damping mine due to the boominess but now they are just perfect.

Pic.....


post #3785 of 3954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post


Are they Martin Custom cups? Both Mshenays and I have COCOBOLO Rosewood from Martin, mine extra deep. I ebpnded up Lawton damping mine due to the boominess but now they are just perfect.

Pic.....


Yep. Made straight from Martin. Mine are unmodded besides the cups and alpha pads though.

post #3786 of 3954

Mine aren't extra deep, but I love the look of the Cocobolo as well and OREGO how long is that cable man 

post #3787 of 3954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

 OREGO how long is that cable man 

He needs to stay back from that magnificent power plant on that rack and not get swallowed up in the vortex it creates.

post #3788 of 3954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless1 View Post
 

He needs to stay back from that magnificent power plant on that rack and not get swallowed up in the vortex it creates.

seriously 

post #3789 of 3954
Lol, the D2000 cable is 3' long and that extension cord is from my D7000 and about 8-10' I guess. Gotta keep the Spec from taking me over........
post #3790 of 3954

Hmm ya know Orge I'm starting to think seriously about getting the LCD XC again, trying to get a demo lined up

 

I've noticed today [after an almot 10 hour EDM session] I'm not eq'ing my D2k like I used to, and with my HM801 [which has some NICE THICK bass] the D2k is some times a little too bassy for my tastes... any one know of some one State side who's got an LCD XC I could try... 

post #3791 of 3954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

Hmm ya know Orge I'm starting to think seriously about getting the LCD XC again, trying to get a demo lined up

I've noticed today [after an almot 10 hour EDM session] I'm not eq'ing my D2k like I used to, and with my HM801 [which has some NICE THICK bass] the D2k is some times a little too bassy for my tastes... any one know of some one State side who's got an LCD XC I could try... 

You should try it. I too no longer EQ and double amp (tho I tried it last weekend again with my ZO and Arrow 3G) but the XC still didn't do it for me. Bassheads evolve but my ear much preferred the Denon sound, not to mention the crazy cost differential.

Let us know if you get a pair to try.
post #3792 of 3954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post


You should try it. I too no longer EQ and double amp (tho I tried it last weekend again with my ZO and Arrow 3G) but the XC still didn't do it for me. Bassheads evolve but my ear much preferred the Denon sound, not to mention the crazy cost differential.

Let us know if you get a pair to try.

I actually have a pair to demo, fellow on the Forums agree'd to let me demo his.

 

and for my ears I much enjoy the bass presentation of Planars over Dynamics, a closed Back Planar should be the happy middle ground for me, non the less I'll hear for my self 

post #3793 of 3954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post
 

I actually have a pair to demo, fellow on the Forums agree'd to let me demo his.

 

and for my ears I much enjoy the bass presentation of Planars over Dynamics, a closed Back Planar should be the happy middle ground for me, non the less I'll hear for my self 


Yep, if you prefer planar bass these may be perfect for you. 

post #3794 of 3954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 


Yep, if you prefer planar bass these may be perfect for you. 

Ineed, now the issue is once again selling everything I own q.q the issue with that is I need two Cables for my Modded HE 4 and W1000x so I can sell them 

post #3795 of 3954

Try them first.  Glad you got an audition. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread!