Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! - Page 198

post #2956 of 3951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taowolf51 View Post
 

 

I got that impression from him as well. I wasn't super happy with my experience with him.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
 


Did Martin commit to any timeline? 

Not yet, he's not reposnded to me yet. My last message was concerning quotes for some work. I've since decided I only want the $pin XLR retermination. And yea... no Mark L for me. I'll take his DIY Mod kit and hand over the REcable and Pad work to some one else.

 

I'm hoping to hear from Martin Soon, he's been pleasent! Also Brain from BTG has cheap as dirt recables :O I'm thinking of SERIOUSLY saving some cash and doing a little test! Going to first get my W1000x Reacbled by him with a well one of his nicer cables. Going to do a HardLine reCable, fellow is selling a TH 900 and I'll take his word on BTG's recable adding some extra quality. That said

 

The Midnight 8 from BTG is looking like an excellent option for both my D2k and W1000x... I got a quote of about $200 from another guy for a recable :O so Brian is my budget savior atm

 

Also for kicks and giggles I might get my DT 880 REcable with Dual miniXlrs and see if cable really do make a differance... as the DT 880 can be Ear Ring Free. More on my master plan later 

 

FOr now Mark L cancelled invoice, and I'm going with BTG for a recable sooner than I thought I could it seems :3

post #2957 of 3951
I'm thinking of going detachable and installing Hifiman connectors on my D2000 's. I like being able to swap out cables when I want so I don't have to use a 10ft cable when I'm on the go. I like being able to change the sound too so I can find the best cable for my preferences, sound wise.
post #2958 of 3951
Quote:
Originally Posted by cCasper TFG View Post

I'm thinking of going detachable and installing Hifiman connectors on my D2000 's. I like being able to swap out cables when I want so I don't have to use a 10ft cable when I'm on the go. I like being able to change the sound too so I can find the best cable for my preferences, sound wise.

I've wanted to do that too, but I'm not sure who offers a Hifiman COnnector Mod though! Moon Audio might 

post #2959 of 3951
Quote:
Originally Posted by cCasper TFG View Post

I'm thinking of going detachable and installing Hifiman connectors on my D2000 's. I like being able to swap out cables when I want so I don't have to use a 10ft cable when I'm on the go. I like being able to change the sound too so I can find the best cable for my preferences, sound wise.

Keep us posted if you do it. That is a sweet idea. biggrin.gif
post #2960 of 3951

I wanted to comment that this headband http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00862522A/  fits perfectly with my D2ks . No complaints so far


First time I had something come in a day after ordering it. Also it helps that the distribution center for these headbands were 2 hours away. 


Edited by Tranman409 - 11/13/13 at 4:09pm
post #2961 of 3951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

I've wanted to do that too, but I'm not sure who offers a Hifiman COnnector Mod though! Moon Audio might 

That's no problem for me, I do all my own mods
wink.gif
post #2962 of 3951
Quote:
Originally Posted by cCasper TFG View Post


That's no problem for me, I do all my own mods
wink.gif

Oh nice dude! Let us know how it goes :O

post #2963 of 3951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coq de Combat View Post
 

Thanks guys.

 

Yeah, I've been wanting to buy the Alpha Pads for my D2000, but I've never really walked the walk on that one. I probably should though. For christmas. 

Comfort wise, it's astounding. I personally hated the change to sound though, couldn't pull the alpha pads off my Denons quick enough. It was like the midrange decided to take a holiday.


Edited by Tangster - 11/14/13 at 6:41pm
post #2964 of 3951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post
 

Comfort wise, it's astounding. I personally hated the change to sound though, couldn't pull the alpha pads off my Denons quick enough. It was like the midrange decided to take a holiday.

Eww that's not what I wanted to hear :-[

 

Sonically or rather with regards to the mids, how do the Lawton Pads compare to the Alpha? I know the J$ are MID suckers as well

 

Not sure if I want Lawton or Alpha at this point... Might even try find some Beyer Gels :O if I knew how they changed the sound... 

post #2965 of 3951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

Might even try find some Beyer Gels

Where from?
post #2966 of 3951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post
 

Comfort wise, it's astounding. I personally hated the change to sound though, couldn't pull the alpha pads off my Denons quick enough. It was like the midrange decided to take a holiday.

****. That's exactly what I didn't want.

post #2967 of 3951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

Comfort wise, it's astounding. I personally hated the change to sound though, couldn't pull the alpha pads off my Denons quick enough. It was like the midrange decided to take a holiday.

Guys,

I didn't get this "mids suck out" at all so keep in mind one persons experience vs a lot of Alpha pad conversions.

Try them, if you don't like, sell the pads. Heck, I'd probably buy them.
Edited by Oregonian - 11/15/13 at 4:31am
post #2968 of 3951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post


Guys,

I didn't get this "mids suck out" at all so keep in mind one persons experience vs a lot of Alpha pad conversions.

Try them, if you don't like, sell the pads. Heck, I'd probably buy them.

True. It just so conveniently happened to pop up when I had decided to sell my Pro 900 just because I wanted more mids.

post #2969 of 3951
So these are up for sale...........yeah, hard to believe I'm doing this but I have a big project in mind and need the $.

D2000 with COCOBOLO Rosewood cups.



post #2970 of 3951
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post

So these are up for sale...........yeah, hard to believe I'm doing this but I have a big project in mind and need the $.

D2000 with COCOBOLO Rosewood cups.



*kicks Orge* 

 

Still no word from Martin on how long he thinks repairs will take. I sent Jimmy the Headphones yesterday as well... hoinestly Jimmy should have shipped them right after I Paid, instead he waited for me to ship first... which is assine as the headphones I have are not going to be repaired before they get to him

 

Point being... wish I'd had a chance to buy Orge's D2k and no iJimmys... as it's going to take FOREVER to get them between Martin and Jimmy who aren't the chatty type >.> 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread!