Great - get'em while you can...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hello! I am having a hard time choosing between Denon 5k and 7k. Last post on 8/26/10 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon owners respond Last post on 8/26/10 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Ok we'll these were my first over ear headphones I fell in love with and there's plenty of reasons for that, I'll talk about the durability, comfort level and mind blowing bass first -...
My video review for those interested: The VS3S is a VSONIC’s latest earphone, and they have made a big claim. That is that these VS3S as well as their brother VSD3(at the current price of...
Introduction I got these headphones around the national holiday. These came out about 2 years after I had got my K701. I was first attracted by its classy design and colour. I thought I would...
I am one of the lucky ones to get a chance to be reviewer in the HE-400i "tour". HiFiMAN has intrigued me since the start of my Head-Fi journey. The HE-400 was the first headphone I purchased...
Note: Much of this comes from a review I wrote and posted elsewhere a month or so ago, but with some editing and organizational tweaks. I have wanted to do a full Alpha Dog review for a while,...
Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! - Page 162post #2416 of 40441/2/13 at 11:40am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2417 of 40441/2/13 at 11:56am
Hey guys so I've been using my D2000 through my E17 for the past year now and now I'm looking for the next step. I love the Denon sound signature and was wondering would it be worth it to get a pair of D5000 for around $500 and send my D2000 to Lawton Audio to get it to maybe a LA2000-lite? I listen to mostly trance, hiphop, r&b but also love acoustic and alternative rock. Thanks for the help.post #2418 of 40441/2/13 at 12:06pm
Which portable amp would be able to properly drive a D5000? I'm currently looking at the E17, but haven't really looked further & thought I might make some use of the expertise of you guys ;)
Budget would be about 150$post #2419 of 40441/2/13 at 12:09pmQuote:
The O2 is great with the D5ks, I like it much more then the E17 with them. I am not a big O2 fan, but it makes the D5k sound clean and tight.post #2420 of 40441/2/13 at 2:33pmQuote:
I currently solely use an iPod nano 3g as source & dac & amp. But seeing as I'm getting the D5000's,
would it be better to only take the amping part away from the iPod (eg. O2, also just read about FiiO's E12 and it looks sexy)
or should I lift both the task of DAC & amp to another portable device ?post #2421 of 40441/2/13 at 3:29pmQuote:I'd skip buying the d5000s and get Lawton to mod your d2000s.Originally Posted by AznInvasion138
Hey guys so I've been using my D2000 through my E17 for the past year now and now I'm looking for the next step. I love the Denon sound signature and was wondering would it be worth it to get a pair of D5000 for around $500 and send my D2000 to Lawton Audio to get it to maybe a LA2000-lite? I listen to mostly trance, hiphop, r&b but also love acoustic and alternative rock. Thanks for the help.post #2422 of 40441/2/13 at 4:16pmpost #2423 of 40441/2/13 at 4:43pmpost #2424 of 40441/2/13 at 4:54pmpost #2425 of 40441/2/13 at 7:00pmThe drivers in the d2000 and d5000 are he same. If you change the cups to lawton cups why start with the more expensive d5000. I bought my d5000 at dealer cost and didn't know if I was going to mod them. In retrospect wish I had bought the d2000 and the better Lawton cups.
Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my denon's. But wish I had the sexier Lawton cups. I did recently dent one of the stock cups. That's excuse to order lawtons right?post #2426 of 40441/2/13 at 8:57pm
Well the lawton cups + mods might be already worth what a D5000 would worth over even exceeding it. The resale value of a LA2000 versus a D5000, on the other hand hmm... So that's one thing you could consider
Also purely aesthetics wise, I like the Denon stock D5k or 7k cups both more than the Lawton ones, :Ppost #2427 of 40441/3/13 at 5:06ampost #2428 of 40441/3/13 at 1:29pm
So sound wise if I do decide to Lawton mod my D2000 what will they exactly do? Bring out the mids more and make the highs less sparkly? I would like to keep the bass that the D2000 has and maybe widen the soundstage? Will modding them help me accomplis these things? Haha thanks.post #2429 of 40441/3/13 at 9:45pm
Would it be more beneficial to go for a LA2000 or possibly get a D7000 for $700? The upgrades themselves would cost around $500 so I was wondering what would have the better sound quality and value?post #2430 of 40441/4/13 at 12:27am
- Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Custom IEM Review: Hidition NT-6 Pro – Clear & Precise Fun 18 seconds ago
- › Asus Xonar U7 DAC/AMP Appreciation & Impressions Thread 24 seconds ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 33 seconds ago
- › ATH-A500X Impressions Thread 39 seconds ago
- › ROCK JAW Testers 2 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › What's Your Alcoholic Drink of Choice? // Drink Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by 12cc2
- › VSONIC VSD3S Black High Fidelity Professional Quality Stereo... by Tom22
- › AKG K 550 by QBoQBo
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by smellyfungus
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by hans030390
- › Fostex TH 900 by archeryc
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)