Great - get'em while you can...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hello! I am having a hard time choosing between Denon 5k and 7k. Last post on 8/26/10 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon owners respond Last post on 8/26/10 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I enjoy these headphones very much. A beautiful sound, clear and natural with a tight bass. I am a bit surprised such small cans can sounds so good. The wood finish might not suit everyone, but...
INTRODUCTION Build quality is excellent. This is my second headphone review.M40x is a recent release from Audio Technica,it is a...
PACKAGING : Earphones cames with a nice little box and 2 pair of white foamies (1 pair of donut and 1 pair of classic covered). I’m always using donuts one since it provides some slightly more...
First I’d like to thank Salsera and Brainwavz for sending me a review sample of the S5. Brainwavz are a brand that I am quite familiar with. They have many IEMs that are often praised on Head-Fi...
This is a Review of FiiO E11k portable headphone amplifier. http://www.fiio.com.cn/products/index.aspx?ID=100000060416193&MenuID=105026001, available from FiiO's US distributor MICCA Store:...
Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! - Page 162post #2416 of 40061/2/13 at 11:40am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2417 of 40061/2/13 at 11:56am
Hey guys so I've been using my D2000 through my E17 for the past year now and now I'm looking for the next step. I love the Denon sound signature and was wondering would it be worth it to get a pair of D5000 for around $500 and send my D2000 to Lawton Audio to get it to maybe a LA2000-lite? I listen to mostly trance, hiphop, r&b but also love acoustic and alternative rock. Thanks for the help.post #2418 of 40061/2/13 at 12:06pm
Which portable amp would be able to properly drive a D5000? I'm currently looking at the E17, but haven't really looked further & thought I might make some use of the expertise of you guys ;)
Budget would be about 150$post #2419 of 40061/2/13 at 12:09pmQuote:
The O2 is great with the D5ks, I like it much more then the E17 with them. I am not a big O2 fan, but it makes the D5k sound clean and tight.post #2420 of 40061/2/13 at 2:33pmQuote:
I currently solely use an iPod nano 3g as source & dac & amp. But seeing as I'm getting the D5000's,
would it be better to only take the amping part away from the iPod (eg. O2, also just read about FiiO's E12 and it looks sexy)
or should I lift both the task of DAC & amp to another portable device ?post #2421 of 40061/2/13 at 3:29pmQuote:I'd skip buying the d5000s and get Lawton to mod your d2000s.Originally Posted by AznInvasion138
Hey guys so I've been using my D2000 through my E17 for the past year now and now I'm looking for the next step. I love the Denon sound signature and was wondering would it be worth it to get a pair of D5000 for around $500 and send my D2000 to Lawton Audio to get it to maybe a LA2000-lite? I listen to mostly trance, hiphop, r&b but also love acoustic and alternative rock. Thanks for the help.post #2422 of 40061/2/13 at 4:16pmpost #2423 of 40061/2/13 at 4:43pmpost #2424 of 40061/2/13 at 4:54pmpost #2425 of 40061/2/13 at 7:00pmThe drivers in the d2000 and d5000 are he same. If you change the cups to lawton cups why start with the more expensive d5000. I bought my d5000 at dealer cost and didn't know if I was going to mod them. In retrospect wish I had bought the d2000 and the better Lawton cups.
Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my denon's. But wish I had the sexier Lawton cups. I did recently dent one of the stock cups. That's excuse to order lawtons right?post #2426 of 40061/2/13 at 8:57pm
Well the lawton cups + mods might be already worth what a D5000 would worth over even exceeding it. The resale value of a LA2000 versus a D5000, on the other hand hmm... So that's one thing you could consider
Also purely aesthetics wise, I like the Denon stock D5k or 7k cups both more than the Lawton ones, :Ppost #2427 of 40061/3/13 at 5:06ampost #2428 of 40061/3/13 at 1:29pm
So sound wise if I do decide to Lawton mod my D2000 what will they exactly do? Bring out the mids more and make the highs less sparkly? I would like to keep the bass that the D2000 has and maybe widen the soundstage? Will modding them help me accomplis these things? Haha thanks.post #2429 of 40061/3/13 at 9:45pm
Would it be more beneficial to go for a LA2000 or possibly get a D7000 for $700? The upgrades themselves would cost around $500 so I was wondering what would have the better sound quality and value?post #2430 of 40061/4/13 at 12:27am
- Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Music Game IX 23 seconds ago
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 49 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 1 minute ago
- › Found my Westones 4 in the washer last night. Recommendations on an... 1 minute ago
- › Possible alternative choice to Audeze LCD 2 3 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Android-fi! 4 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 4 minutes ago
- › DITA - The Answer (Truth Edition). 5 minutes ago
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › FiiO Kilimanjaro 2 (E11K) Portable Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by TheAfterEffect
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by eke2k6
- › ASUS Essence III by 00lunar
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by TheGame21x
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by Klonatans
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)