Great - get'em while you can...
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hello! I am having a hard time choosing between Denon 5k and 7k. Last post on 8/26/10 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon owners respond Last post on 8/26/10 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
“You know, I’ve never owned any Schi….um, any of your products..” I was saying to Jason Stoddard in LA in March. Indeed, the last time I’d sampled anything from his company was years ago at a meet...
I am new to head-fi and this is my first ever review. Basically I joined head-fi to read people's expert opinions on different products, as I'm not an audiophile and do not know much about the...
Alessandro Music Series MS1i Black Walnut Cups $169 Big thanks to JoeDoe of Head-Fi as he performed the cup installation as well as the swapping out the headband. I paid a little more for mine...
Value: I got these for $207 and at twice the price they'd be a great buy. Sound: If the next sentence seems defensive, it's not. it's an assertion of the sound quality of the HD598s. I've been in...
I'll refrain from writing an extensive review this time, as everything important has already been shown and written down in the other reviews here on head-fi. I second those opinions and can...
Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! - Page 162post #2416 of 42191/2/13 at 11:40am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2417 of 42191/2/13 at 11:56am
Hey guys so I've been using my D2000 through my E17 for the past year now and now I'm looking for the next step. I love the Denon sound signature and was wondering would it be worth it to get a pair of D5000 for around $500 and send my D2000 to Lawton Audio to get it to maybe a LA2000-lite? I listen to mostly trance, hiphop, r&b but also love acoustic and alternative rock. Thanks for the help.post #2418 of 42191/2/13 at 12:06pm
Which portable amp would be able to properly drive a D5000? I'm currently looking at the E17, but haven't really looked further & thought I might make some use of the expertise of you guys ;)
Budget would be about 150$post #2419 of 42191/2/13 at 12:09pmQuote:
The O2 is great with the D5ks, I like it much more then the E17 with them. I am not a big O2 fan, but it makes the D5k sound clean and tight.post #2420 of 42191/2/13 at 2:33pmQuote:
I currently solely use an iPod nano 3g as source & dac & amp. But seeing as I'm getting the D5000's,
would it be better to only take the amping part away from the iPod (eg. O2, also just read about FiiO's E12 and it looks sexy)
or should I lift both the task of DAC & amp to another portable device ?post #2421 of 42191/2/13 at 3:29pmQuote:I'd skip buying the d5000s and get Lawton to mod your d2000s.Originally Posted by AznInvasion138
Hey guys so I've been using my D2000 through my E17 for the past year now and now I'm looking for the next step. I love the Denon sound signature and was wondering would it be worth it to get a pair of D5000 for around $500 and send my D2000 to Lawton Audio to get it to maybe a LA2000-lite? I listen to mostly trance, hiphop, r&b but also love acoustic and alternative rock. Thanks for the help.post #2422 of 42191/2/13 at 4:16pmpost #2423 of 42191/2/13 at 4:43pmpost #2424 of 42191/2/13 at 4:54pmpost #2425 of 42191/2/13 at 7:00pmThe drivers in the d2000 and d5000 are he same. If you change the cups to lawton cups why start with the more expensive d5000. I bought my d5000 at dealer cost and didn't know if I was going to mod them. In retrospect wish I had bought the d2000 and the better Lawton cups.
Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my denon's. But wish I had the sexier Lawton cups. I did recently dent one of the stock cups. That's excuse to order lawtons right?post #2426 of 42191/2/13 at 8:57pm
Well the lawton cups + mods might be already worth what a D5000 would worth over even exceeding it. The resale value of a LA2000 versus a D5000, on the other hand hmm... So that's one thing you could consider
Also purely aesthetics wise, I like the Denon stock D5k or 7k cups both more than the Lawton ones, :Ppost #2427 of 42191/3/13 at 5:06ampost #2428 of 42191/3/13 at 1:29pm
So sound wise if I do decide to Lawton mod my D2000 what will they exactly do? Bring out the mids more and make the highs less sparkly? I would like to keep the bass that the D2000 has and maybe widen the soundstage? Will modding them help me accomplis these things? Haha thanks.post #2429 of 42191/3/13 at 9:45pm
Would it be more beneficial to go for a LA2000 or possibly get a D7000 for $700? The upgrades themselves would cost around $500 so I was wondering what would have the better sound quality and value?post #2430 of 42191/4/13 at 12:27am
- Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 1 second ago
- › NEWS: Meridian Releases The Explorer Pocket-Sized USB DAC 29 seconds ago
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 50 seconds ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions & Impressions Thread 54 seconds ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by harshkamboj
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Loquah
- › Sennheiser HD 201 Headphones by LMNproyect
- › ASUS Xonar Essence ST Headphone 7.1-Channel Audio Card for Audiophiles by Vartan
- › Wireless Stereo Headset by Bugattikid2012
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)