- 1,848 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Location: Sydney, Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Hello! I am having a hard time choosing between Denon 5k and 7k. Last post on 8/26/10 at 6:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- Denon owners respond Last post on 8/26/10 at 10:19pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! - Page 160post #2386 of 401612/1/12 at 5:53pmWell that's up to you but often headphone masters that knows how to break into hp and fix stuff are also cable people. Some say they are recablers, some say they are repairers.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2387 of 401612/2/12 at 11:24amQuote:Originally Posted by DS21
So, my D2000's broke. The socket on the right end of the band will no longer hold the screw.
Anything else comparable with but without the D2000's risible build quality (the left side had come apart a few times, but this is the first issue with the right) today for reasonable money? Or should I just superglue the thing together and deal? They are great-sounding cans.
(If theres a will theres a way) .is it the threads inside the pivot assembly that are stripped if so it might be possible to drill a little bigger and tap the whole or maybe the existing hole is a standard size and would just have to tap the hole. from the looks of it the thread would be in pivot. if you had pics of the parts involve it would help to figure out what can be done if anythingi .post #2388 of 401612/2/12 at 11:52amQuote:Originally Posted by DS21
I didn't see anything at the Martin site about this problem. They offer new cups but don't have anything to deal with Denon's horribly-made unipivot.
But there's another thing, admittedly. Honestly, I'd rather repeatedly drive over my D2000's than give a cent to anyone involved in the "recabling" scam.
What's the re cabling scam?post #2389 of 401612/2/12 at 12:54pmpost #2390 of 401612/2/12 at 7:13pmpost #2391 of 401612/2/12 at 10:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by MIKELAP
(If theres a will theres a way) .is it the threads inside the pivot assembly that are stripped if so it might be possible to drill a little bigger and tap the whole or maybe the existing hole is a standard size and would just have to tap the hole. from the looks of it the thread would be in pivot. if you had pics of the parts involve it would help to figure out what can be done if anythingi .
Yes, the screw-holes in pivot appear to be stripped. The little screw itself seems to be fine.
This forum is not exactly a reality-based place when it comes to topics such as wire-swapping and other pointless "tweaks," and there are fairly obvious pecuniary interests that make reality-denial in the rational self-interest of various actors. So beyond my previous spontaneous expression of revulsion at the thought of dealing with such scammers and my previous sentence in this paragraph, I won't say more here. Even if you try to draw me out. :)Quote:Originally Posted by gelocks
And... once again...
Thank you for the link! missed that in my search. Good that they're finally doing this now, given that I had to all but invoke FRCP Rule 23 last time I had a problem. (In the summer of 2010 the left earcup fell off, and the little washer disappeared. It took some doing to get them to just put one of the little washers in the mail.
I am confused as to how to remove the stripped piece, though. (The piece in question is the one that has the rivet-head on top of the headband flange, going through the flange to accept the screw from the earcup. It appears to be fixed in place. Does it just take a good shove?
At any rate, I ended up just putting some superglue in the screw-hole on Saturday, threading the screw in, and clamping it together for 24 hours. If by chance it holds, great. If not, good to know Denon is actually selling replacement parts now, and not just trying to get people to send their headphones back when they break. Which they will, because the build quality is as risible as the sound quality is spectacular.
Edited by DS21 - 12/3/12 at 8:12ampost #2392 of 401612/5/12 at 6:31pmpost #2393 of 401612/5/12 at 7:15pmQuote:
Who and what parts? What's the email address?post #2394 of 401612/5/12 at 7:52pmpost #2395 of 401612/6/12 at 8:11amQuote:
How did you get the cap - p/n (7)-9 - off?post #2396 of 401612/10/12 at 6:15ampost #2397 of 401612/10/12 at 8:14amQuote:
I put wood finish / polish on them every few months. Be careful no the rub to hard and take off the writing.post #2398 of 401612/10/12 at 8:16ampost #2399 of 401612/10/12 at 2:00pmQuote:
Has anyone tried putting a lacquer on the D5000 cups? The D7000 cups seem to be so much easier to take care of.post #2400 of 401612/10/12 at 2:19pm
To the above, I think you could use a plastic buffing compound maybe, and bring them up to a higher gloss finish like plasticx or whatever. Not sure though, would have to ask someone who has tried it.
- Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Positional audio for new guys. 16 seconds ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 1 minute ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HDVD800 Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › [For Sale] Fostex TH-900 -Warranty (Like New) 2 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW dweaver's take Pioneer DJE1500 PG 1710!... 3 minutes ago
- › Maverick Audio TubeMagic D2 (Dedicated DAC) - Review, FAQ & Info... 3 minutes ago
- › I got kicked out of Stereo Exchange 5 minutes ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)