- 1,711 Posts. Joined 4/2011
- Location: Sydney, Australia
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandDenontagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- productDenon AH-D5000 Reference Headphonestagged by System, 5/24/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 7/12/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for new bass headphones Last post on 7/30/12 at 9:26am in Headphones (full-size)
- Bass Headphones Last post on 7/15/12 at 11:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best closed headphones? Last post on 5/29/12 at 10:06pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cost VS. SQ Improvement Last post on 9/18/11 at 12:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Is the Ultrasone PRO 900 worth it? Last post on 8/19/11 at 5:07pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! - Page 160post #2386 of 315712/1/12 at 5:53pmWell that's up to you but often headphone masters that knows how to break into hp and fix stuff are also cable people. Some say they are recablers, some say they are repairers.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2387 of 315712/2/12 at 11:24amQuote:Originally Posted by DS21
So, my D2000's broke. The socket on the right end of the band will no longer hold the screw.
Anything else comparable with but without the D2000's risible build quality (the left side had come apart a few times, but this is the first issue with the right) today for reasonable money? Or should I just superglue the thing together and deal? They are great-sounding cans.
(If theres a will theres a way) .is it the threads inside the pivot assembly that are stripped if so it might be possible to drill a little bigger and tap the whole or maybe the existing hole is a standard size and would just have to tap the hole. from the looks of it the thread would be in pivot. if you had pics of the parts involve it would help to figure out what can be done if anythingi .post #2388 of 315712/2/12 at 11:52amQuote:Originally Posted by DS21
I didn't see anything at the Martin site about this problem. They offer new cups but don't have anything to deal with Denon's horribly-made unipivot.
But there's another thing, admittedly. Honestly, I'd rather repeatedly drive over my D2000's than give a cent to anyone involved in the "recabling" scam.
What's the re cabling scam?post #2389 of 315712/2/12 at 12:54pmpost #2390 of 315712/2/12 at 7:13pmpost #2391 of 315712/2/12 at 10:15pmQuote:Originally Posted by MIKELAP
(If theres a will theres a way) .is it the threads inside the pivot assembly that are stripped if so it might be possible to drill a little bigger and tap the whole or maybe the existing hole is a standard size and would just have to tap the hole. from the looks of it the thread would be in pivot. if you had pics of the parts involve it would help to figure out what can be done if anythingi .
Yes, the screw-holes in pivot appear to be stripped. The little screw itself seems to be fine.
This forum is not exactly a reality-based place when it comes to topics such as wire-swapping and other pointless "tweaks," and there are fairly obvious pecuniary interests that make reality-denial in the rational self-interest of various actors. So beyond my previous spontaneous expression of revulsion at the thought of dealing with such scammers and my previous sentence in this paragraph, I won't say more here. Even if you try to draw me out. :)Quote:Originally Posted by gelocks
And... once again...
Thank you for the link! missed that in my search. Good that they're finally doing this now, given that I had to all but invoke FRCP Rule 23 last time I had a problem. (In the summer of 2010 the left earcup fell off, and the little washer disappeared. It took some doing to get them to just put one of the little washers in the mail.
I am confused as to how to remove the stripped piece, though. (The piece in question is the one that has the rivet-head on top of the headband flange, going through the flange to accept the screw from the earcup. It appears to be fixed in place. Does it just take a good shove?
At any rate, I ended up just putting some superglue in the screw-hole on Saturday, threading the screw in, and clamping it together for 24 hours. If by chance it holds, great. If not, good to know Denon is actually selling replacement parts now, and not just trying to get people to send their headphones back when they break. Which they will, because the build quality is as risible as the sound quality is spectacular.
Edited by DS21 - 12/3/12 at 8:12ampost #2392 of 315712/5/12 at 6:31pmpost #2393 of 315712/5/12 at 7:15pmQuote:
Who and what parts? What's the email address?post #2394 of 315712/5/12 at 7:52pmpost #2395 of 315712/6/12 at 8:11amQuote:
How did you get the cap - p/n (7)-9 - off?post #2396 of 315712/10/12 at 6:15ampost #2397 of 315712/10/12 at 8:14amQuote:
I put wood finish / polish on them every few months. Be careful no the rub to hard and take off the writing.post #2398 of 315712/10/12 at 8:16ampost #2399 of 315712/10/12 at 2:00pmQuote:
Has anyone tried putting a lacquer on the D5000 cups? The D7000 cups seem to be so much easier to take care of.post #2400 of 315712/10/12 at 2:19pm
To the above, I think you could use a plastic buffing compound maybe, and bring them up to a higher gloss finish like plasticx or whatever. Not sure though, would have to ask someone who has tried it.
- Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 1 minute ago
- › Over Ear Headphone For PC - Trance, Enigma | Price $ 100 - 250 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Spotted in the wild: A WOODEN portable amplifier from Palaios. 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 8 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe