Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K500 appreciation thread: K500 owners – UNITE!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

AKG K500 appreciation thread: K500 owners – UNITE! - Page 4

post #46 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogzthmn View Post

Sadly, mine have developed and issue with the plug and I have lost sound in the right channel.  I'll need to get it re-terminated which was something I've been thinking about doing already perhaps with balanced XRLs...

Hi, I just came across your post, on my search for a suitable amp for the K500. If you have not repaired your connection problem on the right side: I had the same problem on mine, and it is apparently a widespread yet harmless issue. Internally, the two cables are clipped onto the driver, and the connectors tend to loosen over time. All you have to do is lift off the piece where 'K500' is written on it (on the outside). It is glued on and comes off easily. Then you'll have access to one or two screws. Remove them and you can open the unit. You will see the cables. In my case I tightened the metal connectors, clipped them on again, remounted everything, and since then the right side works like a charm! You will find documentation on the web if you need a better description than mine. Good luck!
post #47 of 58

^ Thanks for the tip.  Actually, they have been working well on their own again.  I turned up the volume to a high level and the connection reestablished itself.  I still want to check the connections inside as you say, just to make sure things are properly tightened.

post #48 of 58

These just in and the vocals are just amazing! They are to die for. Never been this amazed since i heard some stax

post #49 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlonmarabe View Post

These just in and the vocals are just amazing! They are to die for. Never been this amazed since i heard some stax

Told ya not to worry wink.gif
post #50 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrAdrian View Post


Told ya not to worry wink.gif

aye aye captain! smile_phones.gif

post #51 of 58

I love the way these headphones sound so open and airy.  They are quite special with their presentation of vocals.

post #52 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogzthmn View Post

I love the way these headphones sound so open and airy.  They are quite special with their presentation of vocals.

I totally agree. Got my pair a couple of weeks ago and these are definitely more interesting than, for example, modern K550. Also IMHO K500 are not so finicky about amping as it's been said - I got very good sound even from notebook's internal sound card.

post #53 of 58

You will get quite good sound from low power sources but these headphones will really open up when connected to an amp able to deliver current in ample supply.  My Bottlehead SEX amp does a great job with these headphones.  I can tell when they are being properly driven because the bass will fill in and the music will sound more present and alive.

post #54 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdogzthmn View Post

You will get quite good sound from low power sources but these headphones will really open up when connected to an amp able to deliver current in ample supply.  My Bottlehead SEX amp does a great job with these headphones.  I can tell when they are being properly driven because the bass will fill in and the music will sound more present and alive.

I agree - the difference between K500 driven directly from notebook and from Anedio D2 is obvious, but not so dramatical as I expected - that's what I wanted to say :)

post #55 of 58

Quick quesiton for you guys, purchased the K500's about one month or so ago. I have read many threads regarding the pads. I know there are the velvet pads and leatherette ones which come with. What are the main differences between the pads? Do the velvet pads create a darker warmer  sound as opposed to the leatherette ones? Either way let me know. Thanks

post #56 of 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by hagosrush View Post
 

Quick quesiton for you guys, purchased the K500's about one month or so ago. I have read many threads regarding the pads. I know there are the velvet pads and leatherette ones which come with. What are the main differences between the pads? Do the velvet pads create a darker warmer  sound as opposed to the leatherette ones? Either way let me know. Thanks

 

I've never seen leatherette pads for K500. I believe the first version had this ones:

 

And the second type is this:

 

but I dont know about differences in sound. I hope someone can tell us about it. Anyway today you can only buy black shiny pads for Akg K501 or velour ones for K601/701/712.


Edited by qazxsw80 - 9/16/13 at 2:23am
post #57 of 58

The K 300 had pleather pads. Maybe someone's been modding.

post #58 of 58

Well I have been wrong before lol.

 

Darn it, well I will be patient and look around for the differences between the two.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › AKG K500 appreciation thread: K500 owners – UNITE!