So.. I bought the SuperFi 3 Studio's about 2 months back and the wire near the plug already has broke inside and the sound cuts out all the time, I contacted Logitech and they tell me they can't just replace the cord, but have to replace the whole thing. But since they don't make the SuperFi 3's anymore they can offer me the SuperFi 4's or these SuperFi 5's. Would either of these options be good or should I just pay $20 to replace the cord for the 3's?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The death of Ultimate Ears? How many replacement cables should I buy?!!? Last post on 1/20/11 at 7:20am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Back to square one, help buying customs IEMs Last post on 8/2/10 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE replacement cables in Bangkok/Thailand? Last post on 9/12/11 at 6:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE Superfi 5 Pro Last post on 8/3/11 at 4:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need new IEMs Last post on 7/22/11 at 5:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
New and Improved Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 v2.0 - Huge Sound in a Tiny Package. - Page 22
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #317 of 3252/9/11 at 7:13pm
Were the 3 studio's white and longish? I may have heard those and if so, preferred the new 5's for funfactor. I really liked them, they def got my feet tapping. And they were sooo comfortable and light. They did benefit immensely from burn in though.post #318 of 3252/9/11 at 7:23pm
Yeah, I bought the black ones though:
The thing that is nice about the 3's is that the cord is replaceable, so if it went bad outside of warranty I could just buy a new cord (if they still sell them in a year).post #319 of 3252/9/11 at 7:25pmAh, yup. I preferred the 5's over those...but it's been a very long time since I've heard them so hopefully someone else will jump in here and offer some advice. I do however remember how much more comfortable the 5's were though...that left quite the impression. :Dpost #320 of 3252/10/11 at 6:59pm
Anyone else have an opinion? I'm thinking I might just take the 5's now, since once the warranty time is up there will probably be better options as the technology improves and I'll want to upgrade anyway.post #321 of 3252/11/11 at 10:17ampost #322 of 3255/13/11 at 11:58pm
Just picked up a pair of the 500's and the 600's to use with my iPod Touch 4g and I'm very surprised by the 600's (the 500's cable was so bad I put it right back in the package, horrendous). They sound pretty good and they seem to be getting better with each listen. I had low expectations of them but I love the form factor and the fit, so I had to try them out for myself.
The sound is a little more muffled compared to my current favorite the M3s...but it appears as tho they are opening up a bit as they burn in a bit. Didn't think armatures would be affected by that, but it seems like it's happening. Who knows. Anyway, for ~120 these seem like a damn good value.post #323 of 32511/3/11 at 6:55pmpost #324 of 32512/18/11 at 9:10pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New and Improved Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 v2.0 - Huge Sound in a Tiny Package.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Moon Audio silver dragon JH Audio 4 pin to 4.4mm Sony cable ( new... 3 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 8 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 9 hours, 54 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 12 hours, 45 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 13 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 13 hours, 35 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 13 hours, 49 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 14 hours, 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 15 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 15 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear