So.. I bought the SuperFi 3 Studio's about 2 months back and the wire near the plug already has broke inside and the sound cuts out all the time, I contacted Logitech and they tell me they can't just replace the cord, but have to replace the whole thing. But since they don't make the SuperFi 3's anymore they can offer me the SuperFi 4's or these SuperFi 5's. Would either of these options be good or should I just pay $20 to replace the cord for the 3's?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The death of Ultimate Ears? How many replacement cables should I buy?!!? Last post on 1/20/11 at 7:20am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Back to square one, help buying customs IEMs Last post on 8/2/10 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE replacement cables in Bangkok/Thailand? Last post on 9/12/11 at 6:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE Superfi 5 Pro Last post on 8/3/11 at 4:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need new IEMs Last post on 7/22/11 at 5:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Hi Head-Fi’ers! I’ve waited quite a bit long to use SuperMini and obtain its possible rival players at the same time (like Sony A15 and the new A35). I came across SuperMini a few months ago,...
Introduction Sennheiser HD800S is the successor to HD800 - one of the greatest headphones ever made. HD800 was the first headphone to actually WOW me hard...
Hello fellow head-fi members Welcome to the review of Advanced Evo X Sports Wireless In-ear Monitors. Disclaimer This were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
Weston W80 Review Disclaimer: The W80 was loaned to me by the local distributor www.samma3a.com - I have to return it, I have not received any incentive, financial or otherwise for this...
Meant to be married to the OL DAC, the O2 headphone amp matches it in shape, size and simplicity. What’s neat about the O2 is that JDS Labs allows for some simple customizations—you can choose...
New and Improved Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 v2.0 - Huge Sound in a Tiny Package. - Page 22
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #317 of 3252/9/11 at 7:13pm
Were the 3 studio's white and longish? I may have heard those and if so, preferred the new 5's for funfactor. I really liked them, they def got my feet tapping. And they were sooo comfortable and light. They did benefit immensely from burn in though.post #318 of 3252/9/11 at 7:23pm
Yeah, I bought the black ones though:
The thing that is nice about the 3's is that the cord is replaceable, so if it went bad outside of warranty I could just buy a new cord (if they still sell them in a year).post #319 of 3252/9/11 at 7:25pmAh, yup. I preferred the 5's over those...but it's been a very long time since I've heard them so hopefully someone else will jump in here and offer some advice. I do however remember how much more comfortable the 5's were though...that left quite the impression. :Dpost #320 of 3252/10/11 at 6:59pm
Anyone else have an opinion? I'm thinking I might just take the 5's now, since once the warranty time is up there will probably be better options as the technology improves and I'll want to upgrade anyway.post #321 of 3252/11/11 at 10:17ampost #322 of 3255/13/11 at 11:58pm
Just picked up a pair of the 500's and the 600's to use with my iPod Touch 4g and I'm very surprised by the 600's (the 500's cable was so bad I put it right back in the package, horrendous). They sound pretty good and they seem to be getting better with each listen. I had low expectations of them but I love the form factor and the fit, so I had to try them out for myself.
The sound is a little more muffled compared to my current favorite the M3s...but it appears as tho they are opening up a bit as they burn in a bit. Didn't think armatures would be affected by that, but it seems like it's happening. Who knows. Anyway, for ~120 these seem like a damn good value.post #323 of 32511/3/11 at 6:55pmpost #324 of 32512/18/11 at 9:10pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New and Improved Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 v2.0 - Huge Sound in a Tiny Package.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the Best Bluetooth Headphones -... 22 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 28 seconds ago
- › New DIY Altoids Tin Amp - The Class A "Wintergreen Handwarmer" by... 31 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 56 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Cypher Labs - Algorhythm Duet 2 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Radius HP-NHR-21 tour...a great bass-head earphone 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing... 2 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by gprs007
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear