So.. I bought the SuperFi 3 Studio's about 2 months back and the wire near the plug already has broke inside and the sound cuts out all the time, I contacted Logitech and they tell me they can't just replace the cord, but have to replace the whole thing. But since they don't make the SuperFi 3's anymore they can offer me the SuperFi 4's or these SuperFi 5's. Would either of these options be good or should I just pay $20 to replace the cord for the 3's?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The death of Ultimate Ears? How many replacement cables should I buy?!!? Last post on 1/20/11 at 7:20am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Back to square one, help buying customs IEMs Last post on 8/2/10 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE replacement cables in Bangkok/Thailand? Last post on 9/12/11 at 6:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE Superfi 5 Pro Last post on 8/3/11 at 4:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need new IEMs Last post on 7/22/11 at 5:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
At the time this review was written, the Super Dolphin earphone was listed for sale on AK Audio Store’s Aliexpress website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
The Soundaware Esther M1Pro provides a immersive sound experience held down by its dated interface and firmware. Its like driving a luxury car with all its comfort but with a dated design...
I am lucky. Very lucky. As I listened last Sunday to the i5, not only did we have the first good (not hard, but good) freeze of the Fall, but since I had been up since just before sunrise, I was...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
New and Improved Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 v2.0 - Huge Sound in a Tiny Package. - Page 22
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #317 of 3252/9/11 at 7:13pm
Were the 3 studio's white and longish? I may have heard those and if so, preferred the new 5's for funfactor. I really liked them, they def got my feet tapping. And they were sooo comfortable and light. They did benefit immensely from burn in though.post #318 of 3252/9/11 at 7:23pm
Yeah, I bought the black ones though:
The thing that is nice about the 3's is that the cord is replaceable, so if it went bad outside of warranty I could just buy a new cord (if they still sell them in a year).post #319 of 3252/9/11 at 7:25pmAh, yup. I preferred the 5's over those...but it's been a very long time since I've heard them so hopefully someone else will jump in here and offer some advice. I do however remember how much more comfortable the 5's were though...that left quite the impression. :Dpost #320 of 3252/10/11 at 6:59pm
Anyone else have an opinion? I'm thinking I might just take the 5's now, since once the warranty time is up there will probably be better options as the technology improves and I'll want to upgrade anyway.post #321 of 3252/11/11 at 10:17ampost #322 of 3255/13/11 at 11:58pm
Just picked up a pair of the 500's and the 600's to use with my iPod Touch 4g and I'm very surprised by the 600's (the 500's cable was so bad I put it right back in the package, horrendous). They sound pretty good and they seem to be getting better with each listen. I had low expectations of them but I love the form factor and the fit, so I had to try them out for myself.
The sound is a little more muffled compared to my current favorite the M3s...but it appears as tho they are opening up a bit as they burn in a bit. Didn't think armatures would be affected by that, but it seems like it's happening. Who knows. Anyway, for ~120 these seem like a damn good value.post #323 of 32511/3/11 at 6:55pmpost #324 of 32512/18/11 at 9:10pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New and Improved Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 v2.0 - Huge Sound in a Tiny Package.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 58 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - DELTA HYBRID V II 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Aurisonics ASG-2 & 2.5 (with many comparisons) 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › DAP'S - Is there really any difference in the sound reproduction? 7 minutes ago
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by Hisoundfi
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear