So.. I bought the SuperFi 3 Studio's about 2 months back and the wire near the plug already has broke inside and the sound cuts out all the time, I contacted Logitech and they tell me they can't just replace the cord, but have to replace the whole thing. But since they don't make the SuperFi 3's anymore they can offer me the SuperFi 4's or these SuperFi 5's. Would either of these options be good or should I just pay $20 to replace the cord for the 3's?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The death of Ultimate Ears? How many replacement cables should I buy?!!? Last post on 1/20/11 at 7:20am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Back to square one, help buying customs IEMs Last post on 8/2/10 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE replacement cables in Bangkok/Thailand? Last post on 9/12/11 at 6:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE Superfi 5 Pro Last post on 8/3/11 at 4:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need new IEMs Last post on 7/22/11 at 5:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
Edited on 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesEdited on 3/22/12
very relax sounding IEM, great for relaxing, fit is awkward if u have small ears, accessories are tons but most are useless, tape mod is good! Recommended
I bought these back in October and have only been able to enjoy them in the last couple of weeks (i.e. from late April 2013 after ordering in October 2012). I can't stress enough how important it...
Based in the reviews I read here I purchased the SR80i last July 2012. I thought they were way to bright, or as someone else said "ice picks" in the ears. I thought perhaps I needed an amp - and...
One channel of my Denon 250 pre-amp/amp set failed several times per listening session. So I bought the SMSL SA-98 in Hong Kong for a mere € 98,99 including transport. The trip from Hong Kong to...
Introduction First, I’d like to thank the folks at HiSoundAudio for sending me a sample of the Wooduo 2 in ear monitors for review. HiSoundAudio is a Chinese based headphone and earphone...
- Basic Guide To In Ear Canalphones
New and Improved Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 v2.0 - Huge Sound in a Tiny Package. - Page 22
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Were the 3 studio's white and longish? I may have heard those and if so, preferred the new 5's for funfactor. I really liked them, they def got my feet tapping. And they were sooo comfortable and light. They did benefit immensely from burn in though.
Yeah, I bought the black ones though:
The thing that is nice about the 3's is that the cord is replaceable, so if it went bad outside of warranty I could just buy a new cord (if they still sell them in a year).
Anyone else have an opinion? I'm thinking I might just take the 5's now, since once the warranty time is up there will probably be better options as the technology improves and I'll want to upgrade anyway.
Just picked up a pair of the 500's and the 600's to use with my iPod Touch 4g and I'm very surprised by the 600's (the 500's cable was so bad I put it right back in the package, horrendous). They sound pretty good and they seem to be getting better with each listen. I had low expectations of them but I love the form factor and the fit, so I had to try them out for myself.
The sound is a little more muffled compared to my current favorite the M3s...but it appears as tho they are opening up a bit as they burn in a bit. Didn't think armatures would be affected by that, but it seems like it's happening. Who knows. Anyway, for ~120 these seem like a damn good value.
- New and Improved Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 v2.0 - Huge Sound in a Tiny Package.
- › Schiit Lyr - The tube rolling thread 31 seconds ago
- › Bottlehead Crack with Upgrades 44 seconds ago
- › Koss KSC75's. Don't Forget About This Giant Killer In All The Hype. 1 minute ago
- › T-PEOS H-200 - new triple hybrid IEM - Appreciation thread 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 2 minutes ago
- › Audio-gd Compass 2 amp/DAC Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Logitech UE6000 Like New! 3 minutes ago
- › The HeadAmp GS-X Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › [REVIEW] Logitech UE9000 - Ultimate Ears HEADPHONES Released! The... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE80 by minhquancanon7d
- › Unique Melody Miracle by Loquah
- › Grado SR80i Headphones by jeffphus
- › SMSL SA-98 Flagship-level Top HIFI Digital Big Power Amplifier... by REvandenBERG
- › Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2 by TheGame21x
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by TKWizard
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by lepermessiah
- › FiiO E09K by Bonavon Vovo
- › Aurisonics ASG-1 Rev 1.3 by kyuuketsuki
- › Audio Technica ATH-AD700 by sunnyape
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe