So.. I bought the SuperFi 3 Studio's about 2 months back and the wire near the plug already has broke inside and the sound cuts out all the time, I contacted Logitech and they tell me they can't just replace the cord, but have to replace the whole thing. But since they don't make the SuperFi 3's anymore they can offer me the SuperFi 4's or these SuperFi 5's. Would either of these options be good or should I just pay $20 to replace the cord for the 3's?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The death of Ultimate Ears? How many replacement cables should I buy?!!? Last post on 1/20/11 at 7:20am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Back to square one, help buying customs IEMs Last post on 8/2/10 at 4:34pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE replacement cables in Bangkok/Thailand? Last post on 9/12/11 at 6:23pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- UE Superfi 5 Pro Last post on 8/3/11 at 4:28pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Need new IEMs Last post on 7/22/11 at 5:04pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/4/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
New and Improved Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 v2.0 - Huge Sound in a Tiny Package. - Page 22
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #317 of 3252/9/11 at 7:13pm
Were the 3 studio's white and longish? I may have heard those and if so, preferred the new 5's for funfactor. I really liked them, they def got my feet tapping. And they were sooo comfortable and light. They did benefit immensely from burn in though.post #318 of 3252/9/11 at 7:23pm
Yeah, I bought the black ones though:
The thing that is nice about the 3's is that the cord is replaceable, so if it went bad outside of warranty I could just buy a new cord (if they still sell them in a year).post #319 of 3252/9/11 at 7:25pmAh, yup. I preferred the 5's over those...but it's been a very long time since I've heard them so hopefully someone else will jump in here and offer some advice. I do however remember how much more comfortable the 5's were though...that left quite the impression. :Dpost #320 of 3252/10/11 at 6:59pm
Anyone else have an opinion? I'm thinking I might just take the 5's now, since once the warranty time is up there will probably be better options as the technology improves and I'll want to upgrade anyway.post #321 of 3252/11/11 at 10:17ampost #322 of 3255/13/11 at 11:58pm
Just picked up a pair of the 500's and the 600's to use with my iPod Touch 4g and I'm very surprised by the 600's (the 500's cable was so bad I put it right back in the package, horrendous). They sound pretty good and they seem to be getting better with each listen. I had low expectations of them but I love the form factor and the fit, so I had to try them out for myself.
The sound is a little more muffled compared to my current favorite the M3s...but it appears as tho they are opening up a bit as they burn in a bit. Didn't think armatures would be affected by that, but it seems like it's happening. Who knows. Anyway, for ~120 these seem like a damn good value.post #323 of 32511/3/11 at 6:55pmpost #324 of 32512/18/11 at 9:10pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- New and Improved Ultimate Ears Super.Fi 5 v2.0 - Huge Sound in a Tiny Package.
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Design. LATEST Specifications just added.... 56 seconds ago
- › iFi products Discussion Thread iTUBE will be out soon!! 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 4 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 5 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 5 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 6 minutes ago
- › 2.0 Speakers Compilation: Best for <$500 6 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 6 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob