Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Any Zune owners out there?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Any Zune owners out there? - Page 19

post #271 of 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfindon View Post
Funny, because my Vista installation isn't legit and Zune works fine.
I have forwarded your post to Microsoft. The proper authorities will be contacting you shortly.
post #272 of 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal2Noise View Post
I have forwarded your post to Microsoft. The proper authorities will be contacting you shortly.
Bring it
post #273 of 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterDLai View Post
Does the Zune 30 not suffer from hard drive spinning noises with sensitive IEMs like the Zune 80/120 does?
Nope, my Zune 30 (sold) was pretty quiet. My 120 is noisy as hell tho.
post #274 of 390
I got a Zune Original 8 but I'm getting a 2G touch to replace it for Christmas. I'm still going to keep the Zune, seeing as it has that gnarly artwork on the back and it is used for music in my car (cassette adapter :P).
post #275 of 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppysmith View Post
MS will not allow Zune software to be installed on a pirated copy of Vista or XP, whereas Apple could care less.
That's funny, because I have been using the Zune software flawlessly on a pirated copy of XP and Vista.

My sister's computer with a legit copy of Vista didn't work with the Zune software until I put a clean install on it that was pirated.
post #276 of 390
Well I've jumped into Zune ownership. I picked up a Zune 16 from Best Buy Canada when they had the online deal. Zune 16 $179 with a free Zune 4. Got the 16 for myself and gave the 4 to my daughter. At first I wasnt real impressed with the sound. It is crystal clear but didn't have the punch I like. I've been using a Meizu M6 which is one of the best sounding players I've heard. But since I've been running my Zune into my XM4 it is now making my Sennheiser cx500's sing. I'm liking this little player more and more. My son picked up the 120 but it is just too big and clunky for my liking. Yes, we are now a 3 zune family. BTW...I'm now selling my Clix2 if anyone's interested.
post #277 of 390


Zune!
post #278 of 390
Ive just seen a zune 80gb for £90 and thinking of possibly picking one up, just have a few questions first though....

1. with the software that comes with it, is there an option to raise the volume of the song to 100% like there is in itunes?

2. can you increase the font of the writing on the zune?

3. seeing as im in the UK is there any differences between the UK zune and the US zune? i.e volume cap?

Thanks for any help....
post #279 of 390
@jfindon: we know what is a zune !

@romeo:
1. no. Use mp3gain or something
2. no. (well, you can change the language of the device. that will change the font size at the home screen)
3. no volume cap.
post #280 of 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackromeo View Post
Ive just seen a zune 80gb for £90 and thinking of possibly picking one up, just have a few questions first though....
3. seeing as im in the UK is there any differences between the UK zune and the US zune? i.e volume cap?

Thanks for any help....
There is no thing such as a "UK" Zune. All Zunes are the same, and only OFFICIALLY released in the US and Canada (to the best of my knowledge).
post #281 of 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by nywytboy68 View Post
Nope, my Zune 30 (sold) was pretty quiet. My 120 is noisy as hell tho.
my 30 gig only seem to get noisy whrn I hook it up to my pcs line in strange..
post #282 of 390
The 30GB Zune is a rebranded Toshiba model. It bears little mechanical resemblance to the current models.

That being said, the guy that said there's no difference between the US and non-US Zunes is incorrect, the 'marketplace' does not show up here in Canada.

Also the skipping of audio and poor UI performance on lossless WMA is a big bummer, I'm almost ready to return mine.
post #283 of 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millstone View Post
The 30GB Zune is a rebranded Toshiba model. It bears little mechanical resemblance to the current models.

That being said, the guy that said there's no difference between the US and non-US Zunes is incorrect, the 'marketplace' does not show up here in Canada.

Also the skipping of audio and poor UI performance on lossless WMA is a big bummer, I'm almost ready to return mine.
I have a zune30 and only use wma lossless and do not have any problems with skipping or ui issues.
post #284 of 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanlee View Post
I have a zune30 and only use wma lossless and do not have any problems with skipping or ui issues.
I mean the 120 in particular.
post #285 of 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millstone View Post
I mean the 120 in particular.
WMA Lossless with two good albums. One album was transcoded from FLAC files with dBpoweramp: CD Ripper & Audio Converter. Secure ripping to mp3, FLAC, m4a, Apple Lossless & WMA. No skips.
- Zune 80
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › Any Zune owners out there?