Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › List of High-End Analog Source Owners on Head-Fi Continued
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

List of High-End Analog Source Owners on Head-Fi Continued - Page 7

post #91 of 256
Please add this--

Transrotor Apollon 40/60/M. It lists at around $23-24k (table only, no cartridge/tonearm) with the options I have (three motors, stylus brush, record brush), so hopefully it qualifies as high end.
post #92 of 256
My Linn LP12 with Graham 2.2. Old pic showing Benz Glider, have had Ortofon Kontrapunct C cartridge for several years now.
LL
post #93 of 256
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by earwicker7 View Post
Please add this--

Transrotor Apollon 40/60/M. It lists at around $23-24k (table only, no cartridge/tonearm) with the options I have (three motors, stylus brush, record brush), so hopefully it qualifies as high end.
Added....and do you still have the Sota Nova ? Let me know so I can keep or remove it from the list. And we gotta see some pics of this new beast...
post #94 of 256
Rega P5/elys2/TT-PSU
post #95 of 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekbmn View Post
Added....and do you still have the Sota Nova ? Let me know so I can keep or remove it from the list. And we gotta see some pics of this new beast...
Yep, I still have the SOTA, although it's just collecting dust at this point.

I'll post pictures as soon as the stylus brush arrives (they forgot to send it). Until then, it would be like posting pictures of a Ferrari with the rims missing. So far, the record brush has been pretty useless, but it looks amazing, so the stylus brush should make it look even cooler.

I had a friend over the other day; it was her first time over to my place, so I was showing her around. When she saw the (approximately) 90 pound solid aluminum turntable on a big slab of maple (it looks like a polished butcher's block), she asked me why I had a meat cutting machine in my bedroom. When I had her take a closer look, she was amazed. She said she'd never seen anything like it. It really is a piece of art.
post #96 of 256
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by earwicker7 View Post
When she saw the (approximately) 90 pound solid aluminum turntable on a big slab of maple (it looks like a polished butcher's block), she asked me why I had a meat cutting machine in my bedroom.
You should have latched the door behind you and gave her a blank stare.
post #97 of 256
(Tape Reel)
Teac 3340S
Technics RS-1506
post #98 of 256
i also have a VPI Scoutmaster (& have had since it first came out)...
post #99 of 256
Clearaudio Ambient TT and Satisfy Tonearm, Sumiko Pearwood Celebration Cartridge
LFD MC1 Phonostage
Nakamichi DR10 Cassette Deck
post #100 of 256
I have a Kuzma Stabi S. Am happy to discuss the merits of this TT with any existing or prospective owners.
post #101 of 256
Nakamichi Dragon-CT Turntable... Still searching for the TX-1000 :S
post #102 of 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by earwicker7 View Post
Yep, I still have the SOTA, although it's just collecting dust at this point.

I'll post pictures as soon as the stylus brush arrives (they forgot to send it). Until then, it would be like posting pictures of a Ferrari with the rims missing. So far, the record brush has been pretty useless, but it looks amazing, so the stylus brush should make it look even cooler.
definitely need some nice pics of this awesome TT.
post #103 of 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcoheda View Post
definitely need some nice pics of this awesome TT.
Yeah, I'm still waiting on the stylus brush... it just seems wrong to post a pic without it, as the brushes look amazing and contribute quite a bit to the aesthetics. I talked to the dealer on Tuesday and he said that Transrotor had been on a "vacation" recently, but they are back at the factory at this point and should ship the brush in the near future. They actually custom build the brushes (the top half is standard, but the bottom half, which determines the overall height, is custom) so I guess this accounts for the delay.

The table sounds unreal. It's very common to hear proponents of digital say that the only reason we like analog is because of the "rolled-off high end" sound signature. While common to most tables, it is completely absent on this one. My turntable is much, much brighter than my CD Player, but (unlike digital) it is not a "brittle" high end. Everything is smooth as butter. Since there isn't a dust cover on it, there is a tad bit more surface noise than my SOTA, but it's very minimal (maybe four or five quick "dust pops" a side) as long as I sweep the carpet a couple of hours before listening sessions.
post #104 of 256
-VPI TNT-V "Hot Rod", JMW 12.5 Arm, Clearaudio Accurate Cartridge, VPI SDS, Einstein "Turntables Choice" Phonostage, HRX Motor, HRX Platter, VPI Periphery Ring and Center Weight, VPI Turntable Stand and Plinth.

-Nakamichi Dragon Cassette Player

-Nakamichi RX-505 Cassette Player
post #105 of 256
(tape reel)
Nagra SNST-R



(turntable)
Townshend Rock Reference, Excalibur arm and Shelter 901 cart

Sadly I'm unable to take any pics of this monster of a TT, as it's currently at the hi-fi shop having a major service and upgrade. Any useful mod tips welcome!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › List of High-End Analog Source Owners on Head-Fi Continued