Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › iBasso OEM Project
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso OEM Project - Page 7

post #91 of 497
Nice!
post #92 of 497
ryuzoh, thanks for the pics. Its good to see pictures of the people who designed and made my D10.
post #93 of 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuwhere View Post
ryuzoh, thanks for the pics. Its good to see pictures of the people who designed and made my D10.
agreed, its cool to see them and where my d10 started life.

Did I spy two pico's on that black cabinet too? A black and a silver one?

*edit* nope don't think I did lol
post #94 of 497
I REALLY hope that iBasso would hire the maker of MiniBox-E+. The MiniBox-E+ has already succeeded in implementing quad 634BUF and high voltage in a small package. With the right support from the ibasso team, I'd figure they could come up with a super micro sized amp.

Hands down, until today I am still amazed by the prowess of the MiniBox-E+.
post #95 of 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzer1975 View Post
A black and a silver one?
Thanks, that's Boa and Heron.
You can see pico in 3rd pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFN View Post
Hands down, until today I am still amazed by the prowess of the MiniBox-E+.
MiniBox-E+ has AD8610 and BUF634s architecture, indeed.
But it's not having enough fine caps and afford to make with WB-mode standability,
lacking to drive many kinds of headphones (ER-4s also).
The size sacrificed its power, performance of OPAMPs.
fi.Quest is designed for driving E9 completely.

We can use LM6171, OPA627, AD8010 as BUFs in parallel with stacked 634s.
I can say this amp will be loaded 4-634s per channel.
MiniBox-E+ doesn't have any choices of BUFs and fine pots....
And, we tried to reduce more distortion in this amp.
Like A47 style, local feedback like lisaIII or V2^2, reducing impedance btwn rail, etc....

I'd proposed some my ideas for their newer products.
D10 w/o amp section (for using your favorite amp...aiming at pico size),
E5 size FET discrete amp, paralleled OPAMP architecture.
Also, some their products will be refined (w/ more fine parts).
post #96 of 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuzoh View Post
........
And, we tried to reduce more distortion in this amp.
Like A47 style, local feedback like lisaIII or V2^2, reducing impedance btwn rail, etc....
nice one


Quote:
I'd proposed some my ideas for their newer products.
D10 w/o amp section (for using your favorite amp...aiming at pico size),
E5 size FET discrete amp, paralleled OPAMP architecture.
Also, some their products will be refined (w/ more fine parts).
now THAT sounds interesting, i'm interested in the D10, but not for the amp section; I have a perfectly useable amp
post #97 of 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by qusp View Post
now THAT sounds interesting, i'm interested in the D10, but not for the amp section; I have a perfectly useable amp
Yes, I think D10 is one of ultimate.
I heard opinion to yearn DAC only D-series in Japan, completely agreed and also been convinced that will be a bestseller.
So bulky to carry and gather "iHP1X0 - Dseries - favorite amp - Headphones/Earphones" triple-combo
Then that makes slightly downsizing and long runtime
post #98 of 497
I see tubes an the shelves
post #99 of 497
The images aren't opening up for me.
post #100 of 497

Just edited

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
The images aren't opening up for me.
I changed the pics last 5 min. ago, sorry
post #101 of 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuzoh View Post
Yes, I think D10 is one of ultimate.
I heard opinion to yearn DAC only D-series in Japan, completely agreed and also been convinced that will be a bestseller.
So bulky to carry and gather "iHP1X0 - Dseries - favorite amp - Headphones/Earphones" triple-combo
Then that makes slightly downsizing and long runtime
yes, but i'm already used to that with my rig anyway DIYMOD 5.5G->VCAP dock->lisa III->headphones. So this is not a stretch; in fact will probably be smaller (just a bit)
post #102 of 497
Ok, I am listening to the prototype with 634 buffers and I have to look at the opamps but I have to say up front that this amp is very detailed and throws an open energetic sound field. I find the charging options very interesting. You can run it from an external supply at 23 volts or the batteries at 16.8. There is plenty of headroom and potential. I look forward to trying my favorite buffers, the HA5002.

This will be an interesting comparison between this and the Lisa III.

And I really, really like the curve on the volume control. Very gradual and the gain settings are very good and useful.
post #103 of 497
What are your thoughts so far with the HA5002, Jam?
post #104 of 497
I haven't used them yet. I thought I had some mounted but I don't and to use them I would need special adapter boards for the pinout.
post #105 of 497
im in for this
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › iBasso OEM Project