Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › iBasso OEM Project
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

iBasso OEM Project - Page 5

post #61 of 497
Do we have a rough idea of price at this stage?
post #62 of 497
* CAUTION *
ryuzoh is now known as untrustworthy person in Japanese community.
If you can read Japanese, see this:
y‰¹Ž¿‰ü‘Pzƒ|[ƒ^ƒuƒ‹ƒAƒ“ƒv‰ü‘¢‚µ‚Ä‚é‚â‚ÂW‡ 2

Summary:

Post #162:
"How is the price, or spec? I need to know it to pay for it."

Post #164(ryuzoh):
"Shut up and just pay."


Post #165:
"What? Crazy."

Post #177(ryuzoh):
"#165 is the troll."


*edit*
Post #205(ryuzoh)
"tohma cencelled his pre-order. Listen up everybody, he is wrong. I am right."
post #63 of 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by tohma View Post

Post #164(ryuzoh):
"Shut up and just pay."

He misinterprets it with malice to interrupt this project.

I just said, "If you want buy it cheaper, all you can do is to buy.".

Refer below from bt-fi.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bt-fi View Post

We just want to give you a overview of the priceing,
if unit price for 50 unit order is 240USD,
the unit price for 100 unit order can be 200USD.
The price is going down if the order quantity is larger.
We can start your project on Sept.
post #64 of 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuzoh View Post
Separating supply/caps for OPAMPs and buffer is to suggest
But to divide btw L and R, is requiring more implementation area.
So, it will supplied from a pair of cap for (2 or 3) OPAMPs.
For buffers will be so too.

Voltage changing isn't considered, because I don't think merit for using C-MOS OPAMPs (like AD8656 or OPA2704 with huge pop) on this amp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuzoh View Post
Hello Head-fiers

I'm the originator of this project from Japan.

Chargeability is most fundamental requirement for our environment.
It aims at or exceeds SM4, SR-71's quality.
Priority we think is Quality >> Price > Portability.
We want higher voltage, higher performance, chargeable, and modifiable.


Join our project, please!!
We'll welcome you
I see that you have dr.dac2. As the only 'problem' of it is it's not portable besides availability, how it will compare? at least your thoughts on that.
should i get myself dr.dac2 or jump on this? consider that i have a D2 now and that opamps are hard to get in Romania because it's usually blacklisted on homeusers (less than 50-100, guaranteed payment..) because it was a phenomen that people ordered free opamps and other stuff only to get something as a showoff and "simple people thoughts on security".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuzoh View Post
As long as budget allows, all requirements from you can be realized via me.
Circuits, caps, buffers, enclosure, appearance.....
Now it's the phase to compile requirements.
Many your advices, demands from our community, and my opinion will be integrated on this amp (as images I uploaded).
We are just wanting this as the ideal PHPA.
isn't it the same for everyone, except for the painting of the case or it has also something else that is fab modded as i don't personally care about visual modding unless it looks disturbing? i could get a little crazy and stuff something like Laptop Li-Ion Universal External Battery, 3.3-14.4V ( 60Wh) for all Portable Devices - NB-H4HCT18650902 in a little bag with a dr dac2 for portability but it would be inconvenient sometimes but I don't see how I could obtain the best portable considering my environment.
what PHPA stands for?
post #65 of 497

guaranteed timeframe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tohma View Post
* CAUTION *
ryuzoh is now known as untrustworthy person in Japanese community.
If you can read Japanese, see this:
y‰¹Ž¿‰ü‘Pzƒ|[ƒ^ƒuƒ‹ƒAƒ“ƒv‰ü‘¢‚µ‚Ä‚é‚â‚ÂW‡ 2

Summary:

Post #162:
"How is the price, or spec? I need to know it to pay for it."

Post #164(ryuzoh):
"Shut up and just pay."


Post #165:
"What? Crazy."

Post #177(ryuzoh):
"#165 is the troll."


*edit*
Post #205(ryuzoh)
"tohma cencelled his pre-order. Listen up everybody, he is wrong. I am right."
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuzoh View Post
He misinterprets it with malice to interrupt this project.

I just said, "If you want buy it cheaper, all you can do is to buy.".

Refer below from bt-fi.
I don't think that someone really cares about what comes from someone that just registered without at least believable proof on a topic that is not for noobs. we also don't think that sound feeds with money and if you dont pour in some it will die off. i'm pissed that i didn't received a reply as fast as him. but let's just get back on the project.
we care more about when it will be delivered in worst case scenario. or at least for me is very important. can you get a timeframe of the project preorder end, manufacturing, ready for shipment [worst time guaranteed as this is just a batch]? i don't want to wait because the manufacturer had issues and we need to change it, also it needs a little ajustement because of the change... if their current manufacturer doesn't allow this maybe they should try to get another only for this project if it is possible (i don't think there are many that do that on 2 or even 3 digit orders)

i look forward for your thoughts on it against the audiotrack product. i can't justify buying both at the moment. it'll probably drive dt880 mostly
post #66 of 497
>trendy
So sorry for my late response for you.
Because I concentrated myself into calming him down in our community:-(
And someone from japan may interfere this project again.
PHPA=Portable Head Phone Amp

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendy View Post
As the only 'problem' of it is it's not portable besides availability, how it will compare? at least your thoughts on that.
should i get myself dr.dac2 or jump on this?
Indeed, I first explain the priority I mentioned.
We've wished for iBasso to produce high performance amp with reasonable price.
One of requirements for this amp is to use D1's enclosure.
The reason why I choose D1's is to reduce costs, to make enough room for fine parts, and not so hard to take it out.
DAC2 has 29V to supply for OPAMPs.(but too large, and too high voltage for AD8610/20etc.)
SM4 has 12V(rechargeable; 9.6V), rollable(single-dual compatible), with 1000uF caps.
SR-71 has 9V(per each channel), but can't roll, caps aren't for audio.

This amp can operate with 18V, rollable(single-dual compatible), with 4700uF (as default).

Needless to say, it has potential to jump these on.
But, the aural isn't same for each other.
So, just to make this amp as one's best sound, I'm going to give selectability of parts on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendy View Post
consider that i have a D2 now and that opamps are hard to get in Romania because it's usually blacklisted on homeusers (less than 50-100, guaranteed payment..) because it was a phenomen that people ordered free opamps and other stuff only to get something as a showoff and "simple people thoughts on security".
Pity...
Can’t you purchase these from ebay or digikey also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trendy View Post
i could get a little crazy and stuff something like Laptop Li-Ion Universal External Battery, 3.3-14.4V ( 60Wh) for all Portable Devices - NB-H4HCT18650902 in a little bag with a dr dac2 for portability but it would be inconvenient sometimes but I don't see how I could obtain the best portable considering my environment.
Carrying is not realistic to use DAC2 with mobility and also not assumed by Audiotrak.
Because OPAMPs maybe taking off from the sockets by vibrations in daily use.
(higher voltage may hurt OPAMPs seriously when it take off)
And, we don't want to use in such situation like below....
YouTube - Japanese train station during rush hour
"Right thing in the right place", I consider
post #67 of 497
>ALL
After preorder, they'll begin developing(since the moment when preorder exceeds more than 50).

We'll receive prototype and test it. (of course I'll upload pics here)

After our approval, we and you pay them as if you buy normal product.
(iBasso makes a sale page, and we can pay for it in their site)

I notify you the timetable.
That's SO TIGHT!!!!!

They mailed me as follows:
>We can start your project on Sept.
>So, please collect the member opinion and finalize your design before sept.
post #68 of 497
Hello guys.
The spec was finally formed.

Power supply, GNDch Buffer, Supply caps
http://photo4.avi.jp/photo/7/396928/...-141590-pc.jpg

L, Rch buffers
http://photo4.avi.jp/photo/7/396928/...-141591-pc.jpg

OPAMP sockets
http://photo4.avi.jp/photo/7/396928/...-141593-pc.jpg

Front
http://photo4.avi.jp/photo/7/396928/...-141594-pc.jpg

Rear
http://photo4.avi.jp/photo/7/396928/...-140502-pc.jpg


1/4 output jack was omitted.
With matt-black finish.
Logo will be designed soon.

Less $250 price is absolute requirement.
If budget is stringent, there will be omitted less priority feature.

And, iBasso's motivation encouraged me.
"We are dealing with you, so it cant be interrupted by a third person. Don't worry that."
I'm appreciating them at all.

I think its name as "iBasso P3C Orion" or "iBasso fi Quest" or "P2R(efine)".
Which you prefer?

P.S.
I modded my own V2square also;-)
http://photo4.avi.jp/photo/7/396928/...-141359-pc.jpg

---------------------------------------I M P O R T A N T---------------------------------------
I'm collecting preorders from you.
Because the more I have your preorders, the more this amp gets less price.
So, mail me to this address (get rid of spaces) below, please.
<p3c_preorder @ yahoo.co.jp>
I can accept your preorder in this method only.
Because of unitary management for your preorder information with accuracy.

Fill "Head-fi" into subject, then give me quantity and your nickname/Head-fi name.

If you have any questions and ideas, mail me to <p3c_ideas @ yahoo.co.jp>
Thank you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
post #69 of 497
Looks like a very interesting amp that offers many possibilities. With a stable circuit and an understanding of optimum operating conditions it should produce some very good sound. Too bad a 1/4 jack could not have been used. It has worked very well in my Xin Reference.
post #70 of 497
Also, the solder is very important and can mess with the sound. What solder is going to be used? It is too bad that the lead based solder is bad for the environment as I still find it the best and for pcb. The paste type solder used for these boards can vary very much in sound quality impact.
post #71 of 497
What battery are you using? With all the room in the D1 chassis I would go for as big as possible for a decent run time and a good quality one. The heart of an amp is the power supply.
post #72 of 497
i see that this amp will use 18 V of power
some home amps use less power, so it will compete with some powerfull home SS amps
So this must be MOST powerfull and discrete amp on the market..
can you say BEST portable amp ?
too bad i don't have money to afford it now
post #73 of 497
Preorders had been exceeded 50 on aug. 26th
I have 57 at present.
This project is beginning to be carried out.
The name of it is.......
"iBasso fi. Quest"
Logo;
http://photo4.avi.jp/photo/7/396928/...-141866-pc.jpg

>jamato8
So sorry about omitting 1/4, but most of opinion in japan rejected to use it
(with the reason to save implementation area or to keep circuit from dust).
Basically this amp is expected to use with IEMs in commuting situation.

Also I'm making much of solders
In japan, some audio nuts often use incredible kind of solder (it contains Platinum).
If possible, I want to specify solder to use on it.
Had you recommended solder to use on Boa or Python to iBasso?

Batteries will be used 4 of P2's in series parallel.
Common batteries with P2 can save costs, I consider.
It can give 14.8V 1040mAh (on official spec; raising to 16.8V when fully charged).

>DarKu
Standability? Stable supply? Presence of sound? Clearness?
"The best" is not same for each person
But, modding this amp can give you to change sound character.
Being of this amp is to select "Your best".
OPAMPs, BUFs, Caps.... So many choices are waiting on you.

---------------------------------------I M P O R T A N T---------------------------------------
I continue to collect preorders from you.
The more I have your preorders, the more this amp gets less price.
So, mail me to this address (get rid of spaces) below, please.
<p3c_preorder @ yahoo.co.jp>
I can accept your preorder in this method only.
Because of unitary management for your preorder information with accuracy.

Fill "Head-fi" into subject, then give me quantity and your nickname/Head-fi name.

If you have any questions and ideas, mail me to <p3c_ideas @ yahoo.co.jp>
Thank you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
post #74 of 497
So what it is the actual price?
post #75 of 497
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccfoodog View Post
As an alternative idea for power, how about a 18650 lithium ion battery (3.7V @ ~2600mAh) that can be either charged in the unit, or swapped out for a cell that was charged in an external charger.

These give you the benefits of lithium ion in terms of power density and good recharging characteristics in a nice 'cell' style form factor and reasonable cost for the user.

The key thing would be to make sure the battery door is sturdy enough and easy to operate.

Optimally the unit would employ a USB connection for in-unit charging. This would give a lot of flexibility. Personally I have been trying to standardize my charging capabilities, with USB power sources for the car, wall outlet and even battery backup. This provides a standard power system that can power both my iPod and my phone.

If needed, a DC to DC converter could be employed.

Personally (while I have a iBasso P2), I'd like to see a future version based on something like the D1 to add SPDIF and USB input.

Here is a (cheezy) photo picturing an 18650, AA and 123A cells, with iBasso P2 and charger.

-john

[FULL SIZE]
Since super tiny size doesn't seem to be much of a concern here, I would much prefer it powered by two CR123A batteries. They offer the most power in a compact package, and is available in high quality protected rechargeables and disposable single use primaries. You get the power of Li-Ion rechargeables, with the convenience of being able to buy spare batteries in just about every supermarket and drugstore (albeit majorly overpriced) in a pinch.

Since the D3 Python is annouced, there really is no point in making a small all in one USB DAC Amp. I think the emphasis should be on having this Head-Fi OEM iBasso having THE MOST POWER, PERIOD. Enough to drive even K1000's, which would give it more than enough for other power hungry headphones like K701's, HD650's etc.

Otherwise, this amp is just another me too portable amp. It should really be special to have "Head-Fi" stamped on it.

-Ed
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › iBasso OEM Project