I don't get the build quality on them. They could at least use better material. They make it look like a toy. I went to the demo station for these at the local Best Buy, and the sets were broken and nonfunctional! Only one set worked, and it was only the right channel. They feel like one of those plasticky gaming headsets you buy at Walmart for $40.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What is Head-Fi's opinion on Beats by Dre In-Ears and Over-ears? Last post on 9/9/10 at 10:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Pre-order beats pro Last post on 11/4/10 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- A debate that needs settling Last post on 8/17/10 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- does every rapper have to have a pair of dr dre beats? Last post on 8/15/10 at 10:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [mini-review] Quick noob view on SRH 440 (~70$), mostly outlining problems since thats what... Last post on 9/11/10 at 8:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
I don't consider them nice or even fun but everytime I'm working out I feel like I made a great investment. Going out with my Westone 4R or my customs make me feel paranoid to some extend. The...
I noticed so much praise around here that my expectations were quite high and I gotta say: I was not disappointed at all. There's little new we can say about such a famous/infamous IEM. I bought a...
“Beats by Dr. Dre” - Page 41
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #602 of 6354/4/13 at 4:44am
I'm kinda like how the beats are priced cause this way other brands would have to compete with beat and make their products more competitive in price, This way, i can get the product I want for a more reasonable price, for instance srh940......post #603 of 6354/4/13 at 6:10am
I've been able to check out a load of Beats by Dre headphones when me and my friends had some fun in a local electronica store just checking out the big 3D TVs and such. They had a headphone section with a surprisingly half-decent selection of headphones.
But to my surprise, I don't know what it was but they somehow managed to make every single pair of headphones there sound rubbish. And I took a quick sneakpeak about the place and found that they had like batches of 6 powered by the same amp (It was a tiny metal box with 6 3.5mm outs labelled "headphone amp"). So I really couldn't tell how good anything was. Even the HD700 didn't sound great in that place.
I can tell you the solos feel incredibly cheaply built.post #604 of 6354/5/13 at 12:54pmMy Studios don't get much play time anymore but they don't seem to be the hideous constructions many here make them out to be. They're bass heavy for sure and enough so that they're muddy and knock back the mids but they're not the worst headphones I've ever heard. My feet are firmly planted on the ground.post #605 of 6354/7/13 at 8:12ampost #606 of 6354/7/13 at 1:00pmpost #607 of 6354/7/13 at 3:52pmQuote:
Noise cancelling doesn't block voices; it blocks constant noises like engine noises or fans.post #608 of 6354/7/13 at 4:15pmQuote:
You sure about that? I turned noise canceling on during a One Direction track, and it muted the whole song!post #609 of 6354/7/13 at 4:55pmpost #610 of 6354/7/13 at 9:26pmQuote:
That's the point. It is noise!post #611 of 6354/7/13 at 9:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by BlueRain
My Studios don't get much play time anymore but they don't seem to be the hideous constructions many here make them out to be. They're bass heavy for sure and enough so that they're muddy and knock back the mids but they're not the worst headphones I've ever heard. My feet are firmly planted on the ground.
Totally on point! But it did get my started my interest in quality headphones. LOLpost #612 of 6354/12/13 at 11:23ampost #613 of 6354/12/13 at 11:31am
interestingly, i was impressed by the amount of bass output beats has. The clarity, separation and detail sucks though. I've tried bass boosting the studios and the bass actually greatened(not tightened or clarified), which I thought was physically impossible. No headphone that I've owned can produce that much bass even with bass boost.post #614 of 6354/12/13 at 12:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by kimvictor
interestingly, i was impressed by the amount of bass output beats has. The clarity, separation and detail sucks though. I've tried bass boosting the studios and the bass actually greatened(not tightened or clarified), which I thought was physically impossible. No headphone that I've owned can produce that much bass even with bass boost.
Have you tried the XB500? Headroom FR charts show it beating even the Beats in bass quantity (not to mention quality too).post #615 of 6354/12/13 at 1:40pmQuote:
Whoo. More bass than Beats? How much bass does a Basshead need? Too bad that I'm not a bass head, but a mid-treble head. Still, I might recommend XB500 to my basshead friends than(they are non-audiophiles and prefer quantity).
- “Beats by Dr. Dre”
- Headphone Impedance
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 40 seconds ago
- › Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs) 1 minute ago
- › Searching Earbud or Portable Headphone ~50€ 1 minute ago
- › The Bucket-Rin OA-7: A DiY driver transplant into a Pickering OA-7... 1 minute ago
- › Emotiva DC-1, Resonessence Labs Concero, or Arcam irDAC? 3 minutes ago
- › FS: PSB M4U 1 - PRICE DROP 4 minutes ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 5 minutes ago
- › Hisoundaudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary Edition Review 6 minutes ago
- › Ranking of 21 DACs and DAC Configurations (and why chocolate ice... 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › JBL J33 Premium In-Ear Headphones - Black by QyababAM
- › Sennheiser HD 580 by achelgeson
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob