I don't get the build quality on them. They could at least use better material. They make it look like a toy. I went to the demo station for these at the local Best Buy, and the sets were broken and nonfunctional! Only one set worked, and it was only the right channel. They feel like one of those plasticky gaming headsets you buy at Walmart for $40.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What is Head-Fi's opinion on Beats by Dre In-Ears and Over-ears? Last post on 9/9/10 at 10:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Pre-order beats pro Last post on 11/4/10 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- A debate that needs settling Last post on 8/17/10 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- does every rapper have to have a pair of dr dre beats? Last post on 8/15/10 at 10:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [mini-review] Quick noob view on SRH 440 (~70$), mostly outlining problems since thats what... Last post on 9/11/10 at 8:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
*Review to come*
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
“Beats by Dr. Dre” - Page 41
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #602 of 6334/4/13 at 4:44am
I'm kinda like how the beats are priced cause this way other brands would have to compete with beat and make their products more competitive in price, This way, i can get the product I want for a more reasonable price, for instance srh940......post #603 of 6334/4/13 at 6:10am
I've been able to check out a load of Beats by Dre headphones when me and my friends had some fun in a local electronica store just checking out the big 3D TVs and such. They had a headphone section with a surprisingly half-decent selection of headphones.
But to my surprise, I don't know what it was but they somehow managed to make every single pair of headphones there sound rubbish. And I took a quick sneakpeak about the place and found that they had like batches of 6 powered by the same amp (It was a tiny metal box with 6 3.5mm outs labelled "headphone amp"). So I really couldn't tell how good anything was. Even the HD700 didn't sound great in that place.
I can tell you the solos feel incredibly cheaply built.post #604 of 6334/5/13 at 12:54pmMy Studios don't get much play time anymore but they don't seem to be the hideous constructions many here make them out to be. They're bass heavy for sure and enough so that they're muddy and knock back the mids but they're not the worst headphones I've ever heard. My feet are firmly planted on the ground.post #605 of 6334/7/13 at 8:12ampost #606 of 6334/7/13 at 1:00pmpost #607 of 6334/7/13 at 3:52pmQuote:
Noise cancelling doesn't block voices; it blocks constant noises like engine noises or fans.post #608 of 6334/7/13 at 4:15pmQuote:
You sure about that? I turned noise canceling on during a One Direction track, and it muted the whole song!post #609 of 6334/7/13 at 4:55pmpost #610 of 6334/7/13 at 9:26pmQuote:
That's the point. It is noise!post #611 of 6334/7/13 at 9:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by BlueRain
My Studios don't get much play time anymore but they don't seem to be the hideous constructions many here make them out to be. They're bass heavy for sure and enough so that they're muddy and knock back the mids but they're not the worst headphones I've ever heard. My feet are firmly planted on the ground.
Totally on point! But it did get my started my interest in quality headphones. LOLpost #612 of 6334/12/13 at 11:23ampost #613 of 6334/12/13 at 11:31am
interestingly, i was impressed by the amount of bass output beats has. The clarity, separation and detail sucks though. I've tried bass boosting the studios and the bass actually greatened(not tightened or clarified), which I thought was physically impossible. No headphone that I've owned can produce that much bass even with bass boost.post #614 of 6334/12/13 at 12:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by kimvictor
interestingly, i was impressed by the amount of bass output beats has. The clarity, separation and detail sucks though. I've tried bass boosting the studios and the bass actually greatened(not tightened or clarified), which I thought was physically impossible. No headphone that I've owned can produce that much bass even with bass boost.
Have you tried the XB500? Headroom FR charts show it beating even the Beats in bass quantity (not to mention quality too).post #615 of 6334/12/13 at 1:40pmQuote:
Whoo. More bass than Beats? How much bass does a Basshead need? Too bad that I'm not a bass head, but a mid-treble head. Still, I might recommend XB500 to my basshead friends than(they are non-audiophiles and prefer quantity).
- “Beats by Dr. Dre”
- Headphone Impedance
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 14 seconds ago
- › UM Pro 30 for sale 44 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 58 seconds ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 1 minute ago
- › Burson Conductor SL / Audeze LCD-3 Loaner Program Impression 1 minute ago
- › Best over ear headphones under $150 with decent sound and sound... 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR V-6 Right for Me? 2 minutes ago
- › DT 880 Headphone Amp - Schiit Magni or Modi or both? 3 minutes ago
- › Razer Kraken Forged Edition - Razer's tiny step into hi-fi territory? 3 minutes ago
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Logitech UE 6000 by HeretixAevum
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by warrenpchi