I don't get the build quality on them. They could at least use better material. They make it look like a toy. I went to the demo station for these at the local Best Buy, and the sets were broken and nonfunctional! Only one set worked, and it was only the right channel. They feel like one of those plasticky gaming headsets you buy at Walmart for $40.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What is Head-Fi's opinion on Beats by Dre In-Ears and Over-ears? Last post on 9/9/10 at 10:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Pre-order beats pro Last post on 11/4/10 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- A debate that needs settling Last post on 8/17/10 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- does every rapper have to have a pair of dr dre beats? Last post on 8/15/10 at 10:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [mini-review] Quick noob view on SRH 440 (~70$), mostly outlining problems since thats what... Last post on 9/11/10 at 8:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I want to thanks Vincent from IFI who has sent me the sample for the review. In the past, on my site www.stereo-head.it and on head fi, I’ve already reviewed some IFI’s electronics and i...
Disclosure: I received these headphones from Sony Australia as a review sample to keep. Here is my video review of the 10R, as well as some brief notes about the sound and build of the...
My Story First of all - WOW. This is my first set of proper Hi-fi/Mid-fi cans. It's also easily the best sounding anything I've ever had the pleasure of listening to. However, since I'm new to...
I stumbled upon these headphones after numerous hours of research. To be quite honest, I'd never heard of this brand before so I was a bit hesitant before making the jump; especially after owning...
Let me start with the good, and then explain why you should never buy this IEM. Sound signature: The treble, mids and bass are sort of like that of an HD800, except downgraded. For example, one...
“Beats by Dr. Dre” - Page 41
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #602 of 6354/4/13 at 4:44am
I'm kinda like how the beats are priced cause this way other brands would have to compete with beat and make their products more competitive in price, This way, i can get the product I want for a more reasonable price, for instance srh940......post #603 of 6354/4/13 at 6:10am
I've been able to check out a load of Beats by Dre headphones when me and my friends had some fun in a local electronica store just checking out the big 3D TVs and such. They had a headphone section with a surprisingly half-decent selection of headphones.
But to my surprise, I don't know what it was but they somehow managed to make every single pair of headphones there sound rubbish. And I took a quick sneakpeak about the place and found that they had like batches of 6 powered by the same amp (It was a tiny metal box with 6 3.5mm outs labelled "headphone amp"). So I really couldn't tell how good anything was. Even the HD700 didn't sound great in that place.
I can tell you the solos feel incredibly cheaply built.post #604 of 6354/5/13 at 12:54pmMy Studios don't get much play time anymore but they don't seem to be the hideous constructions many here make them out to be. They're bass heavy for sure and enough so that they're muddy and knock back the mids but they're not the worst headphones I've ever heard. My feet are firmly planted on the ground.post #605 of 6354/7/13 at 8:12ampost #606 of 6354/7/13 at 1:00pmpost #607 of 6354/7/13 at 3:52pmQuote:
Noise cancelling doesn't block voices; it blocks constant noises like engine noises or fans.post #608 of 6354/7/13 at 4:15pmQuote:
You sure about that? I turned noise canceling on during a One Direction track, and it muted the whole song!post #609 of 6354/7/13 at 4:55pmpost #610 of 6354/7/13 at 9:26pmQuote:
That's the point. It is noise!post #611 of 6354/7/13 at 9:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by BlueRain
My Studios don't get much play time anymore but they don't seem to be the hideous constructions many here make them out to be. They're bass heavy for sure and enough so that they're muddy and knock back the mids but they're not the worst headphones I've ever heard. My feet are firmly planted on the ground.
Totally on point! But it did get my started my interest in quality headphones. LOLpost #612 of 6354/12/13 at 11:23ampost #613 of 6354/12/13 at 11:31am
interestingly, i was impressed by the amount of bass output beats has. The clarity, separation and detail sucks though. I've tried bass boosting the studios and the bass actually greatened(not tightened or clarified), which I thought was physically impossible. No headphone that I've owned can produce that much bass even with bass boost.post #614 of 6354/12/13 at 12:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by kimvictor
interestingly, i was impressed by the amount of bass output beats has. The clarity, separation and detail sucks though. I've tried bass boosting the studios and the bass actually greatened(not tightened or clarified), which I thought was physically impossible. No headphone that I've owned can produce that much bass even with bass boost.
Have you tried the XB500? Headroom FR charts show it beating even the Beats in bass quantity (not to mention quality too).post #615 of 6354/12/13 at 1:40pmQuote:
Whoo. More bass than Beats? How much bass does a Basshead need? Too bad that I'm not a bass head, but a mid-treble head. Still, I might recommend XB500 to my basshead friends than(they are non-audiophiles and prefer quantity).
- “Beats by Dr. Dre”
- Headphone Impedance
- › Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Appreciation Thread! 52 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 2 minutes ago
- › Dangerous Music Source DAC 2 minutes ago
- › New Custom-to-Universal IEMs: InEar StageDiver 2/3 2 minutes ago
- › Whiplash Audio's new TWau Reference wire 2 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 2 minutes ago
- › One of the Most Iconic Artists of All Time in Pristine... 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 5 minutes ago
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › Sony Over-Ear Headphones - MDR-10R by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by kuhchuk
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by ashton18
- › Sennheiser IE800 by ag8908
- › Pioneer SE-CL721-K Headphones, Black/Red by tswmcello
- › Colorfly C3 by svyr
- › HiFiMeDIY Sabre Tiny USB DAC Digital to Analog Audio Converter... by laughingbuddha
- › Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC by laughingbuddha
- › Digital Silence DS-101A Stereo Analogue Ambient Noise Cancelling... by julian67
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude