I don't get the build quality on them. They could at least use better material. They make it look like a toy. I went to the demo station for these at the local Best Buy, and the sets were broken and nonfunctional! Only one set worked, and it was only the right channel. They feel like one of those plasticky gaming headsets you buy at Walmart for $40.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What is Head-Fi's opinion on Beats by Dre In-Ears and Over-ears? Last post on 9/9/10 at 10:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Pre-order beats pro Last post on 11/4/10 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- A debate that needs settling Last post on 8/17/10 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- does every rapper have to have a pair of dr dre beats? Last post on 8/15/10 at 10:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [mini-review] Quick noob view on SRH 440 (~70$), mostly outlining problems since thats what... Last post on 9/11/10 at 8:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
First impressions When I first tried these headphones out of the box, I was a little disappointed at how the higher frequencies seemed to be more forward than the mids and bass. It wouldn't...
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
“Beats by Dr. Dre” - Page 41
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #602 of 6354/4/13 at 4:44am
I'm kinda like how the beats are priced cause this way other brands would have to compete with beat and make their products more competitive in price, This way, i can get the product I want for a more reasonable price, for instance srh940......post #603 of 6354/4/13 at 6:10am
I've been able to check out a load of Beats by Dre headphones when me and my friends had some fun in a local electronica store just checking out the big 3D TVs and such. They had a headphone section with a surprisingly half-decent selection of headphones.
But to my surprise, I don't know what it was but they somehow managed to make every single pair of headphones there sound rubbish. And I took a quick sneakpeak about the place and found that they had like batches of 6 powered by the same amp (It was a tiny metal box with 6 3.5mm outs labelled "headphone amp"). So I really couldn't tell how good anything was. Even the HD700 didn't sound great in that place.
I can tell you the solos feel incredibly cheaply built.post #604 of 6354/5/13 at 12:54pmMy Studios don't get much play time anymore but they don't seem to be the hideous constructions many here make them out to be. They're bass heavy for sure and enough so that they're muddy and knock back the mids but they're not the worst headphones I've ever heard. My feet are firmly planted on the ground.post #605 of 6354/7/13 at 8:12ampost #606 of 6354/7/13 at 1:00pmpost #607 of 6354/7/13 at 3:52pmQuote:
Noise cancelling doesn't block voices; it blocks constant noises like engine noises or fans.post #608 of 6354/7/13 at 4:15pmQuote:
You sure about that? I turned noise canceling on during a One Direction track, and it muted the whole song!post #609 of 6354/7/13 at 4:55pmpost #610 of 6354/7/13 at 9:26pmQuote:
That's the point. It is noise!post #611 of 6354/7/13 at 9:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by BlueRain
My Studios don't get much play time anymore but they don't seem to be the hideous constructions many here make them out to be. They're bass heavy for sure and enough so that they're muddy and knock back the mids but they're not the worst headphones I've ever heard. My feet are firmly planted on the ground.
Totally on point! But it did get my started my interest in quality headphones. LOLpost #612 of 6354/12/13 at 11:23ampost #613 of 6354/12/13 at 11:31am
interestingly, i was impressed by the amount of bass output beats has. The clarity, separation and detail sucks though. I've tried bass boosting the studios and the bass actually greatened(not tightened or clarified), which I thought was physically impossible. No headphone that I've owned can produce that much bass even with bass boost.post #614 of 6354/12/13 at 12:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by kimvictor
interestingly, i was impressed by the amount of bass output beats has. The clarity, separation and detail sucks though. I've tried bass boosting the studios and the bass actually greatened(not tightened or clarified), which I thought was physically impossible. No headphone that I've owned can produce that much bass even with bass boost.
Have you tried the XB500? Headroom FR charts show it beating even the Beats in bass quantity (not to mention quality too).post #615 of 6354/12/13 at 1:40pmQuote:
Whoo. More bass than Beats? How much bass does a Basshead need? Too bad that I'm not a bass head, but a mid-treble head. Still, I might recommend XB500 to my basshead friends than(they are non-audiophiles and prefer quantity).
- “Beats by Dr. Dre”
- Headphone Impedance
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 seconds ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 5 seconds ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . dual Sabre ES9018K2M dacs . . please post... 36 seconds ago
- › . 56 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 1 minute ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.8 2 minutes ago
- › Astrotec AX30, AX35 Hybrid IEMs Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Flizz
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob