Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › “Beats by Dr. Dre”
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

“Beats by Dr. Dre” - Page 41  

post #601 of 634

I've been able to check out a load of Beats by Dre headphones when me and my friends had some fun in a local electronica store just checking out the big 3D TVs and such. They had a headphone section with a surprisingly half-decent selection of headphones. 

But to my surprise, I don't know what it was but they somehow managed to make every single pair of headphones there sound rubbish. And I took a quick sneakpeak about the place and found that they had like batches of 6 powered by the same amp (It was a tiny metal box with 6 3.5mm outs labelled "headphone amp"). So I really couldn't tell how good anything was. Even the HD700 didn't sound great in that place.

 

I can tell you the solos feel incredibly cheaply built.

post #602 of 634
My Studios don't get much play time anymore but they don't seem to be the hideous constructions many here make them out to be. They're bass heavy for sure and enough so that they're muddy and knock back the mids but they're not the worst headphones I've ever heard. My feet are firmly planted on the ground.
post #603 of 634

I saw this on Beats website. The tester's ears must be broken...

 

it also says the noise cancelling can reduce a jet engine to a whisper... It can hardly block out voices...

post #604 of 634
u know nuthin cuz u got no swaggg! beats r de best evaaarrrr! beats r swaggyy thats y dre uses dem their da best headphone in da worrld!
post #605 of 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by wburton View Post

 

it also says the noise cancelling can reduce a jet engine to a whisper... It can hardly block out voices...

 

Noise cancelling doesn't block voices; it blocks constant noises like engine noises or fans. 

post #606 of 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post

 

Noise cancelling doesn't block voices; it blocks constant noises like engine noises or fans. 


You sure about that? I turned noise canceling on during a One Direction track, and it muted the whole song!

post #607 of 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post

 

Noise cancelling doesn't block voices; it blocks constant noises like engine noises or fans. 

all im saying is that its not the best

post #608 of 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaWolf View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishcabible View Post

Noise cancelling doesn't block voices; it blocks constant noises like engine noises or fans. 


You sure about that? I turned noise canceling on during a One Direction track, and it muted the whole song!

That's the point. It is noise! biggrin.gif
post #609 of 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRain View Post

My Studios don't get much play time anymore but they don't seem to be the hideous constructions many here make them out to be. They're bass heavy for sure and enough so that they're muddy and knock back the mids but they're not the worst headphones I've ever heard. My feet are firmly planted on the ground.

Totally on point!  But it did get my started my interest in quality headphones.  LOL

post #610 of 634

and the bass on Beats is terrible

post #611 of 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by wburton View Post

and the bass on Beats is terrible

interestingly, i was impressed by the amount of bass output beats has. The clarity, separation and detail sucks though. I've tried bass boosting the studios and the bass actually greatened(not tightened or clarified), which I thought was physically impossible. No headphone that I've owned can produce that much bass even with bass boost.

post #612 of 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimvictor View Post

interestingly, i was impressed by the amount of bass output beats has. The clarity, separation and detail sucks though. I've tried bass boosting the studios and the bass actually greatened(not tightened or clarified), which I thought was physically impossible. No headphone that I've owned can produce that much bass even with bass boost.

Have you tried the XB500? Headroom FR charts show it beating even the Beats in bass quantity (not to mention quality too). 

post #613 of 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkAwesome View Post

Have you tried the XB500? Headroom FR charts show it beating even the Beats in bass quantity (not to mention quality too). 

Whoo. More bass than Beats? How much bass does a Basshead need? Too bad that I'm not a bass head, but a mid-treble head. Still, I might recommend XB500 to my basshead friends than(they are non-audiophiles and prefer quantity).

post #614 of 634

I listened to the beats studios or pro's, I couldn't tell which was which but I will give you a run down on them.

 

The highs and mids were very restrained and distant, the bass was overwhelming, slow, and muddy.

They heavely lacked detail, sound stage, and clarity.

The build quality was good, the comfort was pretty good as well.

 

Couldn't imagine wasting money on those, the sound they emit are worse than my $20 sony IEM's from walmart.


Edited by Sony Slave - 4/12/13 at 2:04pm
post #615 of 634
Apologies if this has been mentioned before, but I find it really interesting that most early posters in this thread said that the Beats they auditioned were perfectly competent cans, but most likely not worth $350. That's in direct contradiction to the opinion on Beats here now. It'd be interesting to see someone confirm that the original line of Beats were actually better, and they got worse somewhere along the line (either because Monster stopped making them, or they started using cheaper components somewhere along the way).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › “Beats by Dr. Dre”