I won't be friends with anyone who owns stupid image products like Beats or anything else because if you rely on brands and logos and other rubbish to be cool, you're probably not worthwhile to be around.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What is Head-Fi's opinion on Beats by Dre In-Ears and Over-ears? Last post on 9/9/10 at 10:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Pre-order beats pro Last post on 11/4/10 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- A debate that needs settling Last post on 8/17/10 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- does every rapper have to have a pair of dr dre beats? Last post on 8/15/10 at 10:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [mini-review] Quick noob view on SRH 440 (~70$), mostly outlining problems since thats what... Last post on 9/11/10 at 8:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I feel obligated to share out-of-the-gate that I am no CIEM expert! As a matter of fact, I don't even particularly enjoy IEMs - I love over-ear or on-ear headphones. That said: Experiencing JH...
Like many others on this site, these phones are my stepping stone into the realm of "hi-fi"-headphones. These are indeed a good pair of phones for beginners and old-timers alike, because of their...
Audiofly has made the most comfortable IEMs that I've placed in my ears. They are probably the easiest to insert as well. I was ready to plunk down the cash and go the custom route, but these have...
* Obligatory warning that I am not a professional and am not the best at describing sound qualities of headphones. I don't like to use words like liquid or chocolate because descriptions like those...
Brainwavz have been around since 2008 and have been working on providing improved and more original products as time has gone on. If you are familiar with the last round of Brainwavz offerings it...
“Beats by Dr. Dre” - Page 40
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #587 of 6363/30/13 at 11:19pm
My older brother made the unfortunate decision to buy one of these things. He regrets it to this day but is happy with his Sony's now.
I don't hate the Beats Studio but I think the price you have to pay for them is ridiculous (300 AUD? come on)
I remember plugging one of these headphones into my Xonar STX in an attempt to test whether it increased SQ, it just made the sound muddy.
Edited by Spastic - 3/31/13 at 1:58ampost #588 of 6363/31/13 at 12:40amQuote:
After all, don't they have a amp inside the phones?post #589 of 6363/31/13 at 1:56amQuote:After all, don't they have a amp inside the phones?
Sorry, let me rephrase, yeah they have a inbuilt amp but I was hoping that plugging them into a more powerful amp would increase SQ but I guess that isn't the case (It just makes the sound muddy), interestingly enough they sound decent when plugged into my smartphone. They would actually be a pretty good pair of headphones if the price wasn't so high.
Edited by Spastic - 3/31/13 at 1:59ampost #590 of 6363/31/13 at 3:32amQuote:I guess you are over amping the phones with any else other than a small mp3 and phones.Originally Posted by Spastic
Sorry, let me rephrase, yeah they have a inbuilt amp but I was hoping that plugging them into a more powerful amp would increase SQ but I guess that isn't the case (It just makes the sound muddy), interestingly enough they sound decent when plugged into my smartphone. They would actually be a pretty good pair of headphones if the price wasn't so high.post #591 of 6363/31/13 at 4:16amQuote:I guess you are over amping the phones with any else other than a small mp3 and phones.
Yeah I guess I was, honestly I don't know what I was thinking, amp + amp =/= higher SQ. But yeah I've learned not to do that again.post #592 of 6364/2/13 at 1:28pmpost #593 of 6364/2/13 at 2:10pm
DACs notably have an high output impedance while the Studios have a really low input impedance (about 32 ohms). That's not so great.
If you drive a pair of headphones directly with a DAC you won't have any control over the volume unless you play around with the digital volume of your media player/PC (which should always be set at 100%). That's not good.post #594 of 6364/2/13 at 2:19pmpost #595 of 6364/2/13 at 2:53pmpost #596 of 6364/2/13 at 3:28pmpost #597 of 6364/2/13 at 5:19pmpost #598 of 6364/2/13 at 7:20pmpost #599 of 6364/3/13 at 3:45pmpost #600 of 6364/3/13 at 4:37pm
This thread is locked
- “Beats by Dr. Dre”
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 48 seconds ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Soundcard for raising volume of V-Moda M100's, equivalent to FiiO E12 3 minutes ago
- › Senn HD 558 vs Fidelio X1 vs HiFiMan He 400 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-GD NFB-15.32 Delivery & Impression Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Double Amping 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7, what is your dream DAP? 6 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 7 minutes ago
- › Stoner Acoustics UD110 V2 by WhiskeyJacks
- › Jerry Harvey Audio Sirens Series Roxanne Custom IEM by mikemercer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Studio Monitor Headphones by Im2spec1al
- › AudioFly AF180 In-Ear Monitors by hardbop
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by DVass13
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by jant71
- › HiFiMAN RE-600 by Matias
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by HK_sends
- › Wadia 121 Decoding Computer Digital to Analog Converter by Armaegis
- › AKG X323XS by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)