I won't be friends with anyone who owns stupid image products like Beats or anything else because if you rely on brands and logos and other rubbish to be cool, you're probably not worthwhile to be around.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What is Head-Fi's opinion on Beats by Dre In-Ears and Over-ears? Last post on 9/9/10 at 10:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Pre-order beats pro Last post on 11/4/10 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- A debate that needs settling Last post on 8/17/10 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- does every rapper have to have a pair of dr dre beats? Last post on 8/15/10 at 10:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [mini-review] Quick noob view on SRH 440 (~70$), mostly outlining problems since thats what... Last post on 9/11/10 at 8:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
“Beats by Dr. Dre” - Page 40
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #587 of 6353/30/13 at 11:19pm
My older brother made the unfortunate decision to buy one of these things. He regrets it to this day but is happy with his Sony's now.
I don't hate the Beats Studio but I think the price you have to pay for them is ridiculous (300 AUD? come on)
I remember plugging one of these headphones into my Xonar STX in an attempt to test whether it increased SQ, it just made the sound muddy.
Edited by Spastic - 3/31/13 at 1:58ampost #588 of 6353/31/13 at 12:40amQuote:
After all, don't they have a amp inside the phones?post #589 of 6353/31/13 at 1:56amQuote:After all, don't they have a amp inside the phones?
Sorry, let me rephrase, yeah they have a inbuilt amp but I was hoping that plugging them into a more powerful amp would increase SQ but I guess that isn't the case (It just makes the sound muddy), interestingly enough they sound decent when plugged into my smartphone. They would actually be a pretty good pair of headphones if the price wasn't so high.
Edited by Spastic - 3/31/13 at 1:59ampost #590 of 6353/31/13 at 3:32amQuote:I guess you are over amping the phones with any else other than a small mp3 and phones.Originally Posted by Spastic
Sorry, let me rephrase, yeah they have a inbuilt amp but I was hoping that plugging them into a more powerful amp would increase SQ but I guess that isn't the case (It just makes the sound muddy), interestingly enough they sound decent when plugged into my smartphone. They would actually be a pretty good pair of headphones if the price wasn't so high.post #591 of 6353/31/13 at 4:16amQuote:I guess you are over amping the phones with any else other than a small mp3 and phones.
Yeah I guess I was, honestly I don't know what I was thinking, amp + amp =/= higher SQ. But yeah I've learned not to do that again.post #592 of 6354/2/13 at 1:28pmQuote:
I just got an idea. What about plugging them right into a dac since it already has an amp. That way, it's not double amping.post #593 of 6354/2/13 at 2:10pm
DACs notably have an high output impedance while the Studios have a really low input impedance (about 32 ohms). That's not so great.
If you drive a pair of headphones directly with a DAC you won't have any control over the volume unless you play around with the digital volume of your media player/PC (which should always be set at 100%). That's not good.post #594 of 6354/2/13 at 2:19pmpost #595 of 6354/2/13 at 2:53pmQuote:
I think that solo hd might be better because it doesn't have an amp in them. But I preferred studios. They were more balanced.post #596 of 6354/2/13 at 3:28pmpost #597 of 6354/2/13 at 5:19pmQuote:
Solo HD and Studios = Its like when going from bad to worse
JKpost #598 of 6354/2/13 at 7:20pmpost #599 of 6354/3/13 at 3:45pmQuote:
The Solo HD are worse, a lot worse.post #600 of 6354/3/13 at 4:37pm
- “Beats by Dr. Dre”
- Headphone Impedance
- › Forza AudioWorks - The Appreciation Thread 24 seconds ago
- › SR60-Mod part II 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 3 minutes ago
- › Best albums of 2013! A not so different take on this! 4 minutes ago
- › Best headphones for EDM 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › FS: Beyerdynamic t50p 7 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital