yeah i know! and half the grade hasnt even HEARD of Sennheisers!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- What is Head-Fi's opinion on Beats by Dre In-Ears and Over-ears? Last post on 9/9/10 at 10:56pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Pre-order beats pro Last post on 11/4/10 at 5:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- A debate that needs settling Last post on 8/17/10 at 9:01am in Headphones (full-size)
- does every rapper have to have a pair of dr dre beats? Last post on 8/15/10 at 10:51pm in Headphones (full-size)
- [mini-review] Quick noob view on SRH 440 (~70$), mostly outlining problems since thats what... Last post on 9/11/10 at 8:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/5/16
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Lately it seems that almost every week there are new (or at least unheard of by most) companies releasing new DAPs (Digital Audio Players). This is great for the consumer because more products...
“Beats by Dr. Dre” - Page 39post #571 of 6343/30/13 at 6:12am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #572 of 6343/30/13 at 7:12ampost #573 of 6343/30/13 at 8:14amQuote:
Us audiophiles can't even convert our families from Beats. They are too evil. I tried to convert a lot of my friends. I let them listen to SRH940, which they thought was a piece of crap. There was a guy who says he might buy the HD800(I don't know where he heard it), and when I told him that about the sound sig compared to beats(less bass, more balance), he asked why they would sell such an headphone for such a price.post #574 of 6343/30/13 at 8:50amWhy do people like such awful bass? My cousin showed me his beats studios, he was pretty sure they were as good as it gets. I feel kind of bad for people who wont open their minds to other brands. Theyre missing out even though they all tell us that we are missing outpost #575 of 6343/30/13 at 8:54ampost #576 of 6343/30/13 at 9:00ampost #577 of 6343/30/13 at 9:08ampost #578 of 6343/30/13 at 9:16ampost #579 of 6343/30/13 at 9:35ampost #580 of 6343/30/13 at 1:23pm
As for my buddies who can't get enough of beats and keep trying to convince me to buy a pair, I love the face they make after I let them listen to my headphones, properly amped with the bass up just to get them to stop complaining that they have no bass of course. I even had one person get up on the table in the campus cafeteria and sell his beats right there on the spot, he went out and came back with a proper dac, amp and hd 650s, I was so proud of him.post #581 of 6343/30/13 at 4:09pmpost #582 of 6343/30/13 at 6:18pmpost #583 of 6343/30/13 at 8:38pmQuote:
And loads of people swarming to buy them, even though they already own 2 or 3 models that sound equally as terrible.
post #584 of 6343/30/13 at 10:58pm
I won't be friends with anyone who owns stupid image products like Beats or anything else because if you rely on brands and logos and other rubbish to be cool, you're probably not worthwhile to be around.post #585 of 6343/30/13 at 11:19pm
My older brother made the unfortunate decision to buy one of these things. He regrets it to this day but is happy with his Sony's now.
I don't hate the Beats Studio but I think the price you have to pay for them is ridiculous (300 AUD? come on)
I remember plugging one of these headphones into my Xonar STX in an attempt to test whether it increased SQ, it just made the sound muddy.
Edited by Spastic - 3/31/13 at 1:58am
This thread is locked
- “Beats by Dr. Dre”
- Headphone Impedance
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor (DAP | USB DAC | USB Transport... 5 seconds ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 1 minute ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Advanced AcousticWerkes W900 Hybrid Flagship Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 5 minutes ago
- › Sony EX1000 Review and Impressions Thread (with comparisons to... 5 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 6 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 SUPERIOR REFERENCE HEADPHONES 9 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear