Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 8/3/10
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 8/3/10
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 8/3/10
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 8/3/10
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 6/28/11
- productHeadAmp GS-1 Headphone Amp/Pre-Amptagged by System, 6/28/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 8/3/10
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between Alessandro and Grado? Looking for best bang/buck. Last post on 11/26/11 at 10:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap Grado? Last post on 8/4/10 at 1:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Just heard the Alessandro MS-1.... Last post on 7/28/11 at 10:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help! I have been through 6 different headphones in the past couple weeks and need new... Last post on 9/29/11 at 7:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Alessandro MS-1 & nad setup : help me improve... Last post on 8/24/10 at 3:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Alessandro Music Series MS PRO FAN CLUB! - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Question 'bout Distancer construction.
|Four 1mm holes are drilled in at the 12, 3, 6, 9 o’clock positions.|
Thanks to all for this great information.
Added liberators (distancers), however, I can't seem to get a liking for the Grado jumbo pads donned on my MS-Pro's. So, in lieu of them, I opted for double stacked bowls wrapped in elastic pleathers, then covered them up with comfy chenille cloth. Same foam depth as with the jumbos but without the treble glare (I'm not comfortable using filter cloths to tame the highs), and they're still supra aural to boot...
Are there any headphone amp suggested for music pro to show its potenial?
I am now using alo amphora and graham slee solo to push music pro
Although the combo of them is quite good, I think mpro can be much better
I've heard a few people comment about the MS PRO's not going deep in the bass department. On my MS PRO's (new thick cable version) the bass goes way down there, far lower then any Grado I've auditioned or owned (SR80, ms2i, SR225, etc...). Comparing the MS PRO to my ms2i, the ms2i sounds thin with more treble. The smoothness of bass coming out of the MS PRO's is unlike any headphone I've ever heard. I'm hopeful for some welcomed improvements when my C-2 and NFB-3 arrive :)
Just my 2c.
Another ms-pro fan here, I bought an old pair on here recently, mine have the older dark wood but with the new font type, and are the thin cabled with square rods. They sound so great I don't think I will ever buy another headphone. The instruments and vocals are the most natural I have heard, and everything is just perfectly balanced in sound. The bass is great, it goes deep, packs slam and is plenty in amount.
The mids and treble stand out without sounding harsh, just full of detail. And the speed and transparency makes these just so unbeatable for me.
These are my go-to emergency buy if the HP-2 ever dies. I've auditioned a pair at a local meet and it does everything that I like in a headphone without the excessive weight of the HP-1000, PS-1 or MS-2.
There's an interesting recent comparison here on the differences between the RS-1 and the MS-Pro. The English is a little broken and I think people tend to exaggerate the differences between the two headphones, but the MS-Pro sounds like a better alternative to the K701, HD650, DT 880 et al. for classical listening.
I'm not sure why so many people feel the need to modify them before they are burned-in, but different strokes for different folks...
Edited by HiWire - 6/26/11 at 1:04pm
No doubt. You just don't go hacking into a pair of $699 headphones without going through a proper break-in first. Not only that, headphones of that level should also be paired up with a few different types of amps to see if the synergy changes in any way. One might find that another amp is all they need. I don't think I could move myself into taking apart a pair of MS Pros as eagerly as I could a pair of Grado SR-225i headphones for modifycation purposes.
A few questions to ask.
How does the sound of mspro compared with ms1?
Does mspro sounds like ms1 with bigger soundstage?
Does mspro have more or less treble than ms1? any info would be appriciated.
The tonality and soundscape is 95% identical with the MS1, you get better resolution, and more blackness & speed. When you listen to uncomplex stuff, they are almost indistinguishable.
- Alessandro Music Series MS PRO FAN CLUB!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Beresford Capella Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 seconds ago
- › SACDs for sale 1 minute ago
- › Whiplash Audio 1 minute ago
- › Sony Xperia Z3 Audio Quality 1 minute ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 1 minute ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 2 minutes ago
- › Roll Call: Who's building, built, or thinking of building a beta22? 5 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 9 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 10 minutes ago
- › New Audio Technica Woodies: ATH-W1000Z announced 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2