Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAlessandrotagged by System, 8/3/10
- productAlessandro MS-1tagged by System, 8/3/10
- productAlessandro MS2itagged by System, 8/3/10
- productAlessandro MS-Protagged by System, 8/3/10
- productElectric Avenues PA2V2tagged by System, 6/28/11
- productHeadAmp GS-1 Headphone Amp/Pre-Amptagged by System, 6/28/11
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 8/3/10
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between Alessandro and Grado? Looking for best bang/buck. Last post on 11/26/11 at 10:59pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Cheap Grado? Last post on 8/4/10 at 1:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Just heard the Alessandro MS-1.... Last post on 7/28/11 at 10:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need help! I have been through 6 different headphones in the past couple weeks and need new... Last post on 9/29/11 at 7:14pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Alessandro MS-1 & nad setup : help me improve... Last post on 8/24/10 at 3:37pm in Headphones (full-size)
When I listen to these Headphones I always think to Polygamy. That is because I am already in love for another Headphone but I am also attracted by these Liberate. They are not exactly my kind...
I actually have, believe it or not, two sets of the A8 earphones. I bought the first one at a B&O store; someone bought a car and the earphones came as a gift. He didn't care for them, so he gave...
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. But NOT for the actual price of $270, EVER. They...
If I would have to choose between these and the JBL E40, I would probably kill myself. But in case I am of particularly good mood I would choose these. They do not have much better SQ but have...
When I first reviewed these Headphones some time ago in Amazon, I did not yet tried so many BT Headphones. Somehow I like them more now, specially because their much cheaper price (actually...
Alessandro Music Series MS PRO FAN CLUB! - Page 6
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Question 'bout Distancer construction.
|Four 1mm holes are drilled in at the 12, 3, 6, 9 o’clock positions.|
Thanks to all for this great information.
Added liberators (distancers), however, I can't seem to get a liking for the Grado jumbo pads donned on my MS-Pro's. So, in lieu of them, I opted for double stacked bowls wrapped in elastic pleathers, then covered them up with comfy chenille cloth. Same foam depth as with the jumbos but without the treble glare (I'm not comfortable using filter cloths to tame the highs), and they're still supra aural to boot...
Are there any headphone amp suggested for music pro to show its potenial?
I am now using alo amphora and graham slee solo to push music pro
Although the combo of them is quite good, I think mpro can be much better
I've heard a few people comment about the MS PRO's not going deep in the bass department. On my MS PRO's (new thick cable version) the bass goes way down there, far lower then any Grado I've auditioned or owned (SR80, ms2i, SR225, etc...). Comparing the MS PRO to my ms2i, the ms2i sounds thin with more treble. The smoothness of bass coming out of the MS PRO's is unlike any headphone I've ever heard. I'm hopeful for some welcomed improvements when my C-2 and NFB-3 arrive :)
Just my 2c.
Another ms-pro fan here, I bought an old pair on here recently, mine have the older dark wood but with the new font type, and are the thin cabled with square rods. They sound so great I don't think I will ever buy another headphone. The instruments and vocals are the most natural I have heard, and everything is just perfectly balanced in sound. The bass is great, it goes deep, packs slam and is plenty in amount.
The mids and treble stand out without sounding harsh, just full of detail. And the speed and transparency makes these just so unbeatable for me.
These are my go-to emergency buy if the HP-2 ever dies. I've auditioned a pair at a local meet and it does everything that I like in a headphone without the excessive weight of the HP-1000, PS-1 or MS-2.
There's an interesting recent comparison here on the differences between the RS-1 and the MS-Pro. The English is a little broken and I think people tend to exaggerate the differences between the two headphones, but the MS-Pro sounds like a better alternative to the K701, HD650, DT 880 et al. for classical listening.
I'm not sure why so many people feel the need to modify them before they are burned-in, but different strokes for different folks...
Edited by HiWire - 6/26/11 at 1:04pm
No doubt. You just don't go hacking into a pair of $699 headphones without going through a proper break-in first. Not only that, headphones of that level should also be paired up with a few different types of amps to see if the synergy changes in any way. One might find that another amp is all they need. I don't think I could move myself into taking apart a pair of MS Pros as eagerly as I could a pair of Grado SR-225i headphones for modifycation purposes.
A few questions to ask.
How does the sound of mspro compared with ms1?
Does mspro sounds like ms1 with bigger soundstage?
Does mspro have more or less treble than ms1? any info would be appriciated.
The tonality and soundscape is 95% identical with the MS1, you get better resolution, and more blackness & speed. When you listen to uncomplex stuff, they are almost indistinguishable.
- Alessandro Music Series MS PRO FAN CLUB!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Hardware/Software/Overclocking) 27 seconds ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 42 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 43 seconds ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › FS: iPod Classic 160GB Black + TTVJ Slim Amp/Dac + Alo Cricket LOD... 1 minute ago
- › Night Time Shots Of Our Tubes Glowing -- Post Them Here!! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › Closed headphones similar in sound to sennheiser 650 s 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › JBL E40BT Black High-Performance Wireless On-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › AKG K845 Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)