New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Guitar-fi anyone? - Page 12

post #166 of 650
ooh... pretty.
yet, head amplifiers are way over my head, as I've never looked into that area before.
I'll go check it out @ GC if i see one though.. hmm

after talking to a guy, I think im leaning towards the AC15 more as of now. Maybe when I get better and am actually worthy of having the AC30, I'll get it then..
post #167 of 650
Epiphone Masterbilts are at least on par, if not, better than Gibson acoustic guitars. Gibson should really just stick to making reissued electrics. The current SG standard is a failure compared to the 61' or the 61' reissue. In fact, I was in a big guitar shop last weekend and the LP standards were just not as good compared to Epiphone's offerings. Only the reissue of iforgotwhatyear actually stood up against the Epiphones. Mind you was checking feel and quality, not sound. Anyone can change pickups these days.
post #168 of 650
Any love for the "Highway One" Stratocasters (2006 model clear lacquer body)? I might be able to get one for about $500 in good condition. All guitars are like 25% more expensive in Denmark at least compared to the US due to VAT and import taxes.

Please comment! Thanks!
post #169 of 650
well, the highway one series is pretty good value, especially since its a US Fender. hardware is a bit cheapish, but i reckon you could slowly upgrade that as you go along. ditto for the electronics and pickups. but you could probably get by without any upgrades either and still be pretty content.
post #170 of 650
Thanks for the input kangcore!
post #171 of 650
Question, I began learning to read standard notation in college for a guitar course. Now I've been reading about tab and how innovate and easy it can be in comparison. But here's the thing, it's hard for me to grasp because I started out with notation. Should I just keep with notation and continue learning that way, or do most guitarist learn tab?

My only problem with standard notation is that the music selections in most self-teach books early on are so boring because it is harder to learn. I'm sitting here playing bingo, jolly good fellow, rockin robin, etc. lol
post #172 of 650
I love tab. After not playing the ONCE guitar for 2 years, I picked it up and could play (very basic) tab, instantly.

I was never good reading notation, I wrote all the notes and chords on, but I was still slow. If i'd have learnt it, i'm sure it would have stayed with me for life, and I could have picked it up and used notation instead if tab, but I hadn't ever fully grasped the notation.

Matt
post #173 of 650
Yep, Tab rules. Anyone use Guitar Pro to learn songs?
post #174 of 650
Well, after talking to a few people, I am going to see notation out. I want to play the piano in the future and this is a way to kill two birds with one stone I guess...
post #175 of 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGELSS View Post
Yep, Tab rules. Anyone use Guitar Pro to learn songs?
Yeah, Guitar Pro tabs, though harder to find, are usually more accurate if/when you do find them.
post #176 of 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman19853 View Post
Yeah, Guitar Pro tabs, though harder to find, are usually more accurate if/when you do find them.


If you didn't already know, Ultimate-Guitar has a vast library of Guitar Pro tabs.
post #177 of 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANGELSS View Post
If you didn't already know, Ultimate-Guitar has a vast library of Guitar Pro tabs.
Right, but more often than not, there isn't a Guitar-Pro version.
post #178 of 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by number1sixerfan View Post
Question, I began learning to read standard notation in college for a guitar course. Now I've been reading about tab and how innovate and easy it can be in comparison. But here's the thing, it's hard for me to grasp because I started out with notation. Should I just keep with notation and continue learning that way, or do most guitarist learn tab?

My only problem with standard notation is that the music selections in most self-teach books early on are so boring because it is harder to learn. I'm sitting here playing bingo, jolly good fellow, rockin robin, etc. lol
I can read notes, but for guitar I find it easier with tabs. Just so much more intuitive. Also because I find it hard to remember where the notes are on the neck, and I am to lazy to learn.
post #179 of 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarman19853 View Post
Right, but more often than not, there isn't a Guitar-Pro version.
That is not the case for me.
post #180 of 650
Epiphone Les Paul Custom Silverburst Limited Edition



Death Valley Cable



Native Instruments Guitar Rig Kontrol Edition

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home