Originally Posted by olblueyez
[/B]. It seems that the only posts that you make are non-constructive. Take a look back at your last 20 or so posts in the 2 Singlepower threads and see if you can see what I'm talking about. Yes, you were approached by Voltron and some of the Mods for your statements, but it seems that you enjoy adding fuel to the fire, and since you don't have a vested interested in getting an amp back or money back from Singlepower, everyone of your comments are provoking. I'm not saying this to be mean.
Just take a look at your recent posts, and evaluate why you are so negatively aggressive in you verbiage. If you think I'm wrong, then so be it. But, I feel that this is why you are receiving the feedback from others that you are getting.
This forum is one built for a hobby built on info sharing and generally having fun.
Perhaps we should start over with a clean slate.
Originally Posted by leebert
You really don't feed me. Nor anyone else. You're not the forum; the members are; they are the traffic the advertisers seek.
, when I said that you are biting the hand that feeds you
, my intention was not a narcissistic one. What I meant, was that I started this thread to protect non-informed members from entering into a purchase that they otherwise might not know the history of (hence, "feeding you").
I felt I was getting sniped by some, even though my intention was to be informative and protective.
I feel what members sometimes don't realize, is that I (and other Mods) are here as members 90% of the time, just like you, and the other 10% of modding is to stop spamming and people from getting ripped off in the FS forums (something that members don't really see...the bigger picture), and aggressive or slanderous behavior towards or fellow members. It is a thankless job that we don't get paid for, but do, because we are genuinely interested in trying to have everyone come away from this forum with a good experience. Of course that's impossible in the real world. But we can try.
If you feel that some Mods have their own agenda and aren't acting accordingly, then drop Jude a PM.
I host meets every year (including the 1st National) and my only
intention is that everyone here, who is not mean spirited, has a good time, find out helpful information that will help them when making decisions that involve small or large amounts of money, and be protective to members in need.
You have no idea how many PM's I receive each week from members who have been wronged or ripped off by other members, and spend large amounts of my personal time, trying to help them. This has nothing to do with advertisers or sponsors or manufacturers. Nothing whatsoever.
The first 4 years of Head-Fi were run at a loss with Jude using his own money out of his own pocket. If Head-Fi is now a successful business, well then it is deservedly so.
When I started threads about Singlepower and their business practices, I got chastised by many members who thought that I had something personal against Mikhail.
I now hope, with these 2 threads, those who thought that this was a personal vendetta, now see that my opinions and postings were valid. I have owned 2 of his amps and have nothing personal against him. But I have seen many abuses that I feel are wrong and spoke out, about them. If anyone still thinks that I am wrong for doing so, then I have a couple of good therapists I can refer them to
Sometimes it's hard to see where a person is coming from, when posting on the internet, and I hope that this can show a different side of my actions. If members still think I'm being protective and guarding certain manufacturers and not others, then there's nothing more I can say to try and dispel that, other than this post.