Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be... - Page 225  

post #3361 of 3420

I find it interesting that you seem to regard headphones as superior over speakers...apples and oranges if you ask me..
 

post #3362 of 3420

Ehh, that's the cop out answer!  Ha!    

 

An understandable answer though given the tendency for such 'discussions' to quickly devolve into illogical, and for some reason unfriendly, back and forths here.

 

Anyway, nice rig.  I've always thought a large bookshelf like that could act as a massive diffuser.  

post #3363 of 3420

Cop answer eek.gif 

 

sorry about that mate biggrin.gif
 


Edited by Quinto - 2/27/13 at 10:29am
post #3364 of 3420

After I got my Magnepans, I found myself rarely using my headphone rig, actually. I only really use it when I can't use my speakers (roommates sleeping/studying). I find speakers offer a far more natural presentation, where headphones make me feel like the music is all in my head (Radiohead on the HD650s sounds like Thom Yorke is sitting in my lap). YMMV, just my preference.

post #3365 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipilot227 View Post

After I got my Magnepans, I found myself rarely using my headphone rig, actually. I only really use it when I can't use my speakers (roommates sleeping/studying). I find speakers offer a far more natural presentation, where headphones make me feel like the music is all in my head (Radiohead on the HD650s sounds like Thom Yorke is sitting in my lap). YMMV, just my preference.

+1.  Even thou i dont have expensive speakers i use them way more than my headphones

post #3366 of 3420

Nothing like speakers. But! Room acoustics is the key. If you are in a pokey bedroom for instance then you are better off with headphones. IMO.

post #3367 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

Nothing like speakers. But! Room acoustics is the key. If you are in a pokey bedroom for instance then you are better off with headphones. IMO.


Agreed. Headphones can sound good anywhere!

post #3368 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by jham1496 View Post

+1.  Even thou i dont have expensive speakers i use them way more than my headphones

As a newbie in the headphone world (living in a small condo doesn't allow me to enjoy my Maggie 1.7s nearly as much), I'm really hoping this isn't the case for me..  I'll be getting my LCD-3s tomorrow, and I'm trying to lower my expectations as much as possible!

post #3369 of 3420

The LCD2 and Maggies share quite a few similarities, although I have yet to hear the newer models with the quasi-ribbon tweeters. My 1970's vintage MGII's have planar tweeters, so they tend to be a little laid back in the highs and forward in the midrange.

 

That said, I think you'll like the LCD3's. They definitely have that characteristic planar sound.

post #3370 of 3420

 

 

 

And before Doug chastises me again, I'm still positioning the speakers. :)

post #3371 of 3420

Awesome system Morbid, congrats. 

Very curious to hear how hard the Leben can push those Harbeths. 

post #3372 of 3420

biggrin.gif cool, you earned them!

 

Wow Cherry looks really nice, do you keep the grills off? I my room I found they sounded better with toe in :)
 


Edited by Quinto - 3/1/13 at 12:24pm
post #3373 of 3420

Good looking system Morbs. The Harbeths look sweet.

post #3374 of 3420

It's at about 10:30 right now and they're well above my average listening level (blasting Mastodon). I could push it a little further and have it at 'shake the house' kind of volumes. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by attilahun View Post

Awesome system Morbid, congrats. 

Very curious to hear how hard the Leben can push those Harbeths. 

 

These are the broken in dealer pair on loan until mine get here next week. But they're basically mine. :D

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinto View Post

biggrin.gif cool, you earned them!
 

post #3375 of 3420

I pulled them (my Skylans came with a very effective grill puller) for fun for now. They'll go back on in a few hours when my weekend guests come.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinto View Post

biggrin.gif cool, you earned them!

 

Wow Cherry looks really nice, do you keep the grills off? I my room I found they sounded better with toe in :)
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)