- 1,080 Posts. Joined 6/2009
- Location: Margarita, Venezuela.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is it worth it to repair my old amp & speakers or should I just a new system? Last post on 3/29/12 at 4:06pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- GoldenWave AMBER MK2 Last post on 4/16/15 at 9:24am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- NEW Thomas Mayer Headphone Amplifier Last post on 4/7/15 at 3:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC vs AMP Last post on 4/4/15 at 9:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Obscure tube amps. Last post on 4/3/15 at 6:20am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop & Portable Speakers)Last edited: 12/8/16
Introduction: From the company that brought you the N5 and N6 sources comes the Cayin i5. The i5 is their entry into the very competitve mid priced DAP market. Cayin also has other lines of...
The product was provided to me free of charge for the review purpose in exchange for my honest opinion. The review was originally posted on my blog, and now I would like to share it with all of...
UP with the Encasement of Sound! When I heard the Shanling UP, I was perplexed. I had read many a comment espousing the virtues of the Audioquest Dragonfly Black (DFB), and especially the Red...
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here) - Page 210post #3136 of 342011/30/12 at 9:18amNice view (and setup). What city is that?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3137 of 342011/30/12 at 9:23ampost #3138 of 342011/30/12 at 10:29ampost #3139 of 342011/30/12 at 10:38amQuote:Originally Posted by corelement
My first post on head-fi :) Be gentle!
Here's my bedroom audiophile workstation setup :)Components:Jamo Concert 8 / D830 @ 3.3 ohms Reference bookshelf speakers. Seas Excel drivers with copper phase plug heatsinksCambridge Audio Azur 840a Dual mono stereo integrated amplifierBogdan Audio Goldy Interconnects with Eichmann bullet terminations, very low capacitance.THX collaborated speaker cablesZalman HD135s Full ATX Computer enclosure with 6 low noise ventilation fansAMD Phenom 2 x4 965be | 4 gb ram | Radeon HD5850 | Asus Xonar STX | Razer Abyssus mouse | Reclusa Keyboard | Samsung B2230 TN panel (got it dirt cheap new otherwise would have gotten IPS) MonitorSoundfoundations.in Custom StandsAPC 600W UPS
Great setup Corelement! Welcome to Head-Fi...Love the Jamo's and the Cambridge 840!post #3140 of 342011/30/12 at 10:50am
I'm in Gurgaon, outskirts of New Delhi, India :)
Yep, only everything in bangalore is squished in compact :P
Thanks! you're not so bad yourself! Maggies! I've always wanted to hear the, but noone around here has one. And can't audition them either. How do you find the low and lower med freqs on those maggies?Quote:
Thank you :P I posted the same pics in some of the other photo threads around the forum, hopefully mods wont mind. I look forward to contributing to head-fi =)
Edited by corelement - 11/30/12 at 10:57ampost #3141 of 342011/30/12 at 11:52amQuote:
I was actually surprised by how much bass they put out from my (relatively) low-powered receiver. The midrange is very smooth, but I sometimes find myself wanting more presence. It can sometimes sound airy and distant. Of course, the layout of my living room is not exactly optimal.
All in all, I am mostly happy with the sound. I have a feeling this small shortcoming could be fixed with a more powerful amplifier and room treatments.
Edit: If I had to compare them to headphones, I would say they have the sound signature of the Sennheiser HD600 with the soundstage and imaging of the AKG K701.
Edited by calipilot227 - 11/30/12 at 11:53ampost #3142 of 342011/30/12 at 3:02pmQuote:
Originally Posted by colinharding
Upgraded my amplifier, now using a Motiograph MA 7505 that has been converted for 300B use.
Looks very cool ,
how many watts RMS do you have for your tube power amp ?post #3143 of 342011/30/12 at 8:36pm
I'll post a picture of my new arrangement with the Cantana I have on loan soon but I wanted to say that come tax season I'll be joining the speaker-fi ranks of this thread once again. I actually got my girlfriend to agree to chip in on a pair of Zus as long as they're finished in purple.
Anyone have a low wattage tube amp recommendation to push them?post #3144 of 342011/30/12 at 8:44pmpost #3145 of 342011/30/12 at 8:53pm
Only company I'm really considering right now, actually. Looking at the Mini Torii. I posted about them in the thread I made about the topic as well. I'd get the light wood and send it to Zu to get done in the matching purple. ;)post #3146 of 342012/1/12 at 10:39ampost #3147 of 342012/1/12 at 11:00ampost #3148 of 342012/1/12 at 11:15ampost #3149 of 342012/1/12 at 11:18ampost #3150 of 342012/1/12 at 11:24am
In short, easily better.
My new standard for digital front ends. I just got word I'll get another week with it, so I can listen more. I want one though.
This thread is locked
- Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 25 seconds ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › My Sennheiser CX300s died what to get next? 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze Deckard - class A amp, USB DAC 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 4 minutes ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin i5 by subguy812
- › Lotoo Paw Pico by twister6
- › Shanling UP Portable DAC/Headphone Amplifier AMP ES9018K2M+MAX97... by ngoshawk
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear