- 1,080 Posts. Joined 6/2009
- Location: Margarita, Venezuela.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is it worth it to repair my old amp & speakers or should I just a new system? Last post on 3/29/12 at 4:06pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- GoldenWave AMBER MK2 Last post on 4/16/15 at 9:24am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- NEW Thomas Mayer Headphone Amplifier Last post on 4/7/15 at 3:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC vs AMP Last post on 4/4/15 at 9:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Obscure tube amps. Last post on 4/3/15 at 6:20am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop & Portable Speakers)Last edited: 12/8/16
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
Intro Meze Headphones is a company with a simple philosophy; Motivation, Values, People. With a passion for art and music, achieved through patience and dedication, Meze design...
Initial & information from the Rock Jaw website: I happened across the Rock Jaw sponsor page listing the need to review their Resonate BA-Hybrid IEM. Not knowing much about either, I threw my...
These headphones are well known for its low price and quality. I think they should be called shockers because when you look at them its one thing but when you listen to them suddenly they change to...
Final chose me to review the F7200 (review here) and the F4100 ($280) and provided samples free of charge. I have spent several days listening to the F4100, and I believe I can give an...
Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here) - Page 210post #3136 of 342011/30/12 at 9:18amNice view (and setup). What city is that?
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3137 of 342011/30/12 at 9:23ampost #3138 of 342011/30/12 at 10:29ampost #3139 of 342011/30/12 at 10:38amQuote:Originally Posted by corelement
My first post on head-fi :) Be gentle!
Here's my bedroom audiophile workstation setup :)Components:Jamo Concert 8 / D830 @ 3.3 ohms Reference bookshelf speakers. Seas Excel drivers with copper phase plug heatsinksCambridge Audio Azur 840a Dual mono stereo integrated amplifierBogdan Audio Goldy Interconnects with Eichmann bullet terminations, very low capacitance.THX collaborated speaker cablesZalman HD135s Full ATX Computer enclosure with 6 low noise ventilation fansAMD Phenom 2 x4 965be | 4 gb ram | Radeon HD5850 | Asus Xonar STX | Razer Abyssus mouse | Reclusa Keyboard | Samsung B2230 TN panel (got it dirt cheap new otherwise would have gotten IPS) MonitorSoundfoundations.in Custom StandsAPC 600W UPS
Great setup Corelement! Welcome to Head-Fi...Love the Jamo's and the Cambridge 840!post #3140 of 342011/30/12 at 10:50am
I'm in Gurgaon, outskirts of New Delhi, India :)
Yep, only everything in bangalore is squished in compact :P
Thanks! you're not so bad yourself! Maggies! I've always wanted to hear the, but noone around here has one. And can't audition them either. How do you find the low and lower med freqs on those maggies?Quote:
Thank you :P I posted the same pics in some of the other photo threads around the forum, hopefully mods wont mind. I look forward to contributing to head-fi =)
Edited by corelement - 11/30/12 at 10:57ampost #3141 of 342011/30/12 at 11:52amQuote:
I was actually surprised by how much bass they put out from my (relatively) low-powered receiver. The midrange is very smooth, but I sometimes find myself wanting more presence. It can sometimes sound airy and distant. Of course, the layout of my living room is not exactly optimal.
All in all, I am mostly happy with the sound. I have a feeling this small shortcoming could be fixed with a more powerful amplifier and room treatments.
Edit: If I had to compare them to headphones, I would say they have the sound signature of the Sennheiser HD600 with the soundstage and imaging of the AKG K701.
Edited by calipilot227 - 11/30/12 at 11:53ampost #3142 of 342011/30/12 at 3:02pmQuote:
Originally Posted by colinharding
Upgraded my amplifier, now using a Motiograph MA 7505 that has been converted for 300B use.
Looks very cool ,
how many watts RMS do you have for your tube power amp ?post #3143 of 342011/30/12 at 8:36pm
I'll post a picture of my new arrangement with the Cantana I have on loan soon but I wanted to say that come tax season I'll be joining the speaker-fi ranks of this thread once again. I actually got my girlfriend to agree to chip in on a pair of Zus as long as they're finished in purple.
Anyone have a low wattage tube amp recommendation to push them?post #3144 of 342011/30/12 at 8:44pmpost #3145 of 342011/30/12 at 8:53pm
Only company I'm really considering right now, actually. Looking at the Mini Torii. I posted about them in the thread I made about the topic as well. I'd get the light wood and send it to Zu to get done in the matching purple. ;)post #3146 of 342012/1/12 at 10:39ampost #3147 of 342012/1/12 at 11:00ampost #3148 of 342012/1/12 at 11:15ampost #3149 of 342012/1/12 at 11:18ampost #3150 of 342012/1/12 at 11:24am
In short, easily better.
My new standard for digital front ends. I just got word I'll get another week with it, so I can listen more. I want one though.
This thread is locked
- Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › How to rewire RCA male ends into 3.5mm male? 48 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 3 minutes ago
- › Asus Xonar U7 DAC/AMP Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Minneapolis Meet? 4 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Liquid Carbon LC First Run with transferrable lifetime... 7 minutes ago
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Noble Audio Katana by EZE99
- › AKG K 550 by Mink
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by krenky
- › Edifier K180 by Redcarmoose
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear