Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is it worth it to repair my old amp & speakers or should I just a new system? Last post on 3/29/12 at 4:06pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- GoldenWave AMBER MK2 Last post on 4/16/15 at 9:24am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- NEW Thomas Mayer Headphone Amplifier Last post on 4/7/15 at 3:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC vs AMP Last post on 4/4/15 at 9:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Obscure tube amps. Last post on 4/3/15 at 6:20am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop & Portable Speakers)Last edited: 12/8/16
For me the Encore shares the same sound signature as its predecessor Noble Kaiser K-10. There are already 31- K-10 reviews on H.F. including mine. Read what is written about the K-10, then think...
Sorry if my english is not so good. I bought this several days ago (200 euro) so I cannot post an opinion about durability. I use this dac/amp just on pc for everyday use: movies, voice,...
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here) - Page 209
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3122 of 342011/20/12 at 10:35ampost #3123 of 342011/20/12 at 12:22pmpost #3124 of 342011/20/12 at 3:28pmpost #3125 of 342011/20/12 at 5:53pm
Am I? Maybe so. Should I be that worried about damaging stuff, is it really not that common to damage something? If not, I need to get back into vinyl a bit more
I love it, but I mean I always feel like my stylus is bad for some reason. Like all the time, my needle scratches across the record when moving from the end back to the resting place to flip the record over (even with cueing lever up, and I lift up from the bottom...don't ask me how it happens). Once I blew hard to get a hair out of the way and I blew the needle across the record, didn't use to happen when I did this before but I blew harder so..and yeah that was stupid anyway, I'm learning haha. Should my stylus be OK from that? Vocals sounded a bit flatter with that but I don't know many of my vinyl recordings so they may have been like that before anyway. I was thinking I need to get a dustcover for it to keep me away from messing with it while it's playing, but I don't have a $150 or so for a reproduction/fake one (it's a Dual CS-5000 turntable). And I jsut thought now I tap my foot a lot and sometimes I shake the desk a little and on rare occasions I shake the turntable so maybe put it on a separate shelf right next to the desk. Should I then be OK?
Yes I could build my own microscope if I really wanted to but I don't have the money, time or skill to do so. There was a sticky on a DIY stylus microscope on AudioKarma I saw once, looked pretty complex even for a "simple" one.
I know, but I think they're more trustable and harder to damage.post #3126 of 342011/20/12 at 7:03pmSounds like you need to adjust the height of the cuing lever (should be a screw on the side, although I'm not too familiar with Duals), maybe increase the tracking force and adjust antiskate?
Your turntable should be on the sturdiest surface possible, ideally a wall shelf (not too hard to build or install). Takes some patience, but give vinyl a chance It's well worth the effort. There's a reason you see us crazy audiophiles with a turntable as our primary source.post #3127 of 342011/20/12 at 7:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by calipilot227
Sounds like you need to adjust the height of the cuing lever (should be a screw on the side, although I'm not too familiar with Duals), maybe increase the tracking force and adjust antiskate?
Your turntable should be on the sturdiest surface possible, ideally a wall shelf (not too hard to build or install). Takes some patience, but give vinyl a chance It's well worth the effort. There's a reason you see us crazy audiophiles with a turntable as our primary source.
I've got both antiskate and tracking force at 1.5 (i assume grams) just like it says on the package for my Ortofon Omega (yes, the $30 one. Not amazing but really is good for the price). I have a different model stylus for it though. Still, it's probably fine (assuming I was informed right that antiskate should be about the same as tracking force) and it only did that because I blew on it. Something that could have been rectified by a carbon fiber brush (still haven't gotten around to getting one) and especially a dust cover.
No, I'm not willing to build a wall shelf since it's just in my bedroom on a headphone setup. But I think it'd be fine if I didn't shake the desk with my leg and rarely from my typing (like hard, fast typing), which isn't stooping, but I mean the shelf next to it oughta be fine. How else can I judge my tip? The only access I have besides having a guy at a record store check it out by sound is a $75 bench fee for a microscope examination.post #3128 of 342011/21/12 at 5:31ampost #3129 of 342011/29/12 at 12:10ampost #3130 of 342011/29/12 at 12:42ampost #3131 of 342011/29/12 at 1:48ampost #3132 of 342011/29/12 at 2:02ampost #3133 of 342011/29/12 at 8:41ampost #3134 of 342011/30/12 at 12:05ampost #3135 of 342011/30/12 at 6:23am
My first post on head-fi :) Be gentle!
Here's my bedroom audiophile workstation setup :)Components:Jamo Concert 8 / D830 @ 3.3 ohms Reference bookshelf speakers. Seas Excel drivers with copper phase plug heatsinksCambridge Audio Azur 840a Dual mono stereo integrated amplifierBogdan Audio Goldy Interconnects with Eichmann bullet terminations, very low capacitance.THX collaborated speaker cablesZalman HD135s Full ATX Computer enclosure with 6 low noise ventilation fansAMD Phenom 2 x4 965be | 4 gb ram | Radeon HD5850 | Asus Xonar STX | Razer Abyssus mouse | Reclusa Keyboard | Samsung B2230 TN panel (got it dirt cheap new otherwise would have gotten IPS) MonitorSoundfoundations.in Custom StandsAPC 600W UPS
View from desk :)
Edited by corelement - 11/30/12 at 6:51am
This thread is locked
- Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
Currently, there are 3253 Active Users (513 Members and 2740 Guests)
- › SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax SR-L500 and SR-L700 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 4 minutes ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 6 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Pro 750 harsh/piercing highs equalization help 6 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 8 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 8 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear