- 11,654 Posts. Joined 11/2009
- Location: in my head
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is it worth it to repair my old amp & speakers or should I just a new system? Last post on 3/29/12 at 4:06pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- GoldenWave AMBER MK2 Last post on 4/16/15 at 9:24am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- NEW Thomas Mayer Headphone Amplifier Last post on 4/7/15 at 3:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC vs AMP Last post on 4/4/15 at 9:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Obscure tube amps. Last post on 4/3/15 at 6:20am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop & Portable Speakers)Last edited: Today
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
These are just plain excellent. I was never really a believer in IEMs, but I am now. These Philips SHE3590s are a real eye-opener. According to the ratings here on Head-Fi, these do, in fact,...
Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here) - Page 202post #3016 of 342011/2/12 at 9:56amThey're not CD's, they're a stack of Laserdiscs in the basement. Analog video on 12" optical (digital) media.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3017 of 342011/2/12 at 9:58ampost #3018 of 342011/2/12 at 9:59ampost #3019 of 342011/2/12 at 10:02ampost #3020 of 342011/2/12 at 10:12ampost #3021 of 342011/2/12 at 10:31ampost #3022 of 342011/2/12 at 2:18pmpost #3023 of 342011/2/12 at 3:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by jtaylor991
CDs or CD collection?
The problem is that "vinyl" is not a singular noun. Vinyl is a collection/plural, like saying "my stack of vinyl over there". Saying "my vinyls" is like saying "Look at all those peoples over there!" It just doesn't make sense. Now you can do that with CDs though, so feel free.
Might I ask, what is the singular for vinyl then?post #3024 of 342011/2/12 at 3:45pmpost #3025 of 342011/2/12 at 4:47pmVinyl in this case refers to the whole category of LP Playback. Vinyl isn't the correct term for a single record either, except to say "That new release is coming out on vinyl". The key there is ON vinyl. One does not say "I have a vinyl" or "I have vinyls". One might say "I have vinyl records", although that's sort of redundant.post #3026 of 342011/2/12 at 4:49pm
I guess it depends quite a bit on the way it's being used.
I generally use LP or LPs in conversation.Quote:Originally Posted by Skylab
Vinyl in this case refers to the whole category of LP Playback. Vinyl isn't the correct term for a single record either, except to say "That new release is coming out on vinyl". The key there is ON vinyl. One does not say "I have a vinyl" or "I have vinyls". One might say "I have vinyl records", although that's sort of redundant.post #3027 of 342011/2/12 at 5:10pmQuote:
I usually say "Albums" unless its an EP or single, and then I say what it is. Anyone who knows me well enough to care about what i'm buying probably knows its vinyl unless i say CDpost #3028 of 342011/2/12 at 5:18pmpost #3029 of 342011/2/12 at 5:43pm
This thread is locked
- Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Discontinuance Notice for FiiO EX1 2 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 26 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic Byron Series (IFA 2016) 6 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 7 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › k1000 owners club 8 minutes ago
- › Official X7 beta firmware (Android 5.1) download and discussion... 9 minutes ago
- › Metrum Acoustics Menuet DAC 14 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 14 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 14 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear