- 11,659 Posts. Joined 11/2009
- Location: in my head
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is it worth it to repair my old amp & speakers or should I just a new system? Last post on 3/29/12 at 4:06pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- GoldenWave AMBER MK2 Last post on 4/16/15 at 9:24am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- NEW Thomas Mayer Headphone Amplifier Last post on 4/7/15 at 3:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC vs AMP Last post on 4/4/15 at 9:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Obscure tube amps. Last post on 4/3/15 at 6:20am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop & Portable Speakers)Last edited: 12/8/16
Have you ever felt like the spark that used to be there just vanished? That the world, once bright and colorful became bland and dull over time? That you no longer feel the joy, the excitement and...
Work in progress. I need to practice my English a bit...
Heard these with Chord Hugo and boy oh boy was I unimpressed... These are not worth anywhere their price point where their sound is concerned. Decently comfortable though. (The sound signature...
I decided to write a short review after buying the second pair today. The first pair was damaged by a clumsy flight attendant and her heavy trolley... Although I was super happy with the E700M...
I thought about getting DFs as a present after passing driver's exams. Read those very few reviews online, which were generally a mixed back of helpfulness. Then I took the bullet and said, yes why...
Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here) - Page 202post #3016 of 342011/2/12 at 9:56amThey're not CD's, they're a stack of Laserdiscs in the basement. Analog video on 12" optical (digital) media.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3017 of 342011/2/12 at 9:58ampost #3018 of 342011/2/12 at 9:59ampost #3019 of 342011/2/12 at 10:02ampost #3020 of 342011/2/12 at 10:12ampost #3021 of 342011/2/12 at 10:31ampost #3022 of 342011/2/12 at 2:18pmpost #3023 of 342011/2/12 at 3:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by jtaylor991
CDs or CD collection?
The problem is that "vinyl" is not a singular noun. Vinyl is a collection/plural, like saying "my stack of vinyl over there". Saying "my vinyls" is like saying "Look at all those peoples over there!" It just doesn't make sense. Now you can do that with CDs though, so feel free.
Might I ask, what is the singular for vinyl then?post #3024 of 342011/2/12 at 3:45pmpost #3025 of 342011/2/12 at 4:47pmVinyl in this case refers to the whole category of LP Playback. Vinyl isn't the correct term for a single record either, except to say "That new release is coming out on vinyl". The key there is ON vinyl. One does not say "I have a vinyl" or "I have vinyls". One might say "I have vinyl records", although that's sort of redundant.post #3026 of 342011/2/12 at 4:49pm
I guess it depends quite a bit on the way it's being used.
I generally use LP or LPs in conversation.Quote:Originally Posted by Skylab
Vinyl in this case refers to the whole category of LP Playback. Vinyl isn't the correct term for a single record either, except to say "That new release is coming out on vinyl". The key there is ON vinyl. One does not say "I have a vinyl" or "I have vinyls". One might say "I have vinyl records", although that's sort of redundant.post #3027 of 342011/2/12 at 5:10pmQuote:
I usually say "Albums" unless its an EP or single, and then I say what it is. Anyone who knows me well enough to care about what i'm buying probably knows its vinyl unless i say CDpost #3028 of 342011/2/12 at 5:18pmpost #3029 of 342011/2/12 at 5:43pm
This thread is locked
- Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 9 seconds ago
- › Review: 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphone with In-line... 26 seconds ago
- › CES 2017: MQA announces TIDAL Masters, and more 40 seconds ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 1 minute ago
- › Colorfly C3 Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 2 minutes ago
- › Adam F5, Paradigm Shift A2, Vanatoo T1? 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › Oman#######91-9829916185 Love Marriage Specialist Baba ji London 5 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 5 minutes ago
- › Sparkos Labs SS3602 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Ultrasone Signature DJ by VintageFlanker
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by GirgleMirt
- › Onkyo E700M In-ear headphones Black with microphone by doraymon
- › K240 DF by asymcon
- › TWag V4 Litz ciem replacement cable by tex thai
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by Varun Shankar
- › Panasonic RP-HT460E-K by PETEBULL
- › SoundPEATS Wireless Earbuds, True Wireless Stereo Bluetooth 4.2... by B9Scrambler
- › Soundmagic E10BT by msturg29
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear