Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be... - Page 197  

post #2941 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberzent View Post

Enjoying my new LCD-3 and Mytek...

 

Beautiful!

post #2942 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by LugBug1 View Post

Beautiful!

NICE!!!

 

On another tip - here's my VPI Traveler turntable,

which I LOVE to listen to through my CEntrance Audiophile Desktop Systerm, via the Unison Research Simply Phono tube phonostage!!

Gotta love the analog input of the CEntrance - for my Audeze LCD3's!!!!

 

post #2943 of 3420

Man, so envious of the systems in here.. Someday xD

'til then, though this hardly deserves to be posted here... Welcome to College-Fi.

 

 

 

Alienware M17x >> Lifatec Optical cable >> Schiit Bifrost >> Audioquest Diamondback RCAs >> Schiit Lyr (Reflector 6N23P Super Cryo / Herbie's SS-9 dampers) >> DHC Macromolecule >> LCD-2 R2; amp/dac powered by Belkin PF30 through 2 MAC HC Soundpipes. Naturally a few isolation cones and things too, and the newest addition of a Sieveking Omega in Walnut to match the LCD-2s (excellent stand, but part of me wishes I'd opted for Makassar; still undecided on how to match the LCD-2s).

 

In case anyone's curious, the speakers you can barely glimpse through the Omega on the first photo are a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.SRs, hooked up to a Polk PSW-10 through a cheapo Dayton Audio DTA-1 :p Extra budget-fi'y speaker set-up.


Should definitely get me through Uni, at least :D

post #2944 of 3420

Nice pics!

post #2945 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayofCalm View Post

Man, so envious of the systems in here.. Someday xD

'til then, though this hardly deserves to be posted here... Welcome to College-Fi.

 

 

 

Alienware M17x >> Lifatec Optical cable >> Schiit Bifrost >> Audioquest Diamondback RCAs >> Schiit Lyr (Reflector 6N23P Super Cryo / Herbie's SS-9 dampers) >> DHC Macromolecule >> LCD-2 R2; amp/dac powered by Belkin PF30 through 2 MAC HC Soundpipes. Naturally a few isolation cones and things too, and the newest addition of a Sieveking Omega in Walnut to match the LCD-2s (excellent stand, but part of me wishes I'd opted for Makassar; still undecided on how to match the LCD-2s).

 

In case anyone's curious, the speakers you can barely glimpse through the Omega on the first photo are a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.SRs, hooked up to a Polk PSW-10 through a cheapo Dayton Audio DTA-1 :p Extra budget-fi'y speaker set-up.


Should definitely get me through Uni, at least :D

what a sexy harvard student

post #2946 of 3420

So much money spent on cabling a mid-tier system... it burns...

post #2947 of 3420

Yes but when he upgrades to a Gungnir/Mjolnir he'll be all set!

 

except he'll need some balanced cables

post #2948 of 3420

Kind of what I was thinking...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Doug View Post

So much money spent on cabling a mid-tier system... it burns...

post #2949 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Doug View Post

So much money spent on cabling a mid-tier system... it burns...

Yeah, I probably got a bit out of hand with that. Looking back, maybe would've gone low-cost on the optical and RCAs; the DHC was definitely unnecessary, but one of those things where I wouldn't feel settled 'til I had it :/ 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grokit View Post

Yes but when he upgrades to a Gungnir/Mjolnir he'll be all set!

 

except he'll need some balanced cables

Prolly gonna hold off on the upgrades for quite some time as a result of budgetary constraints and whatnot. As aforementioned, I hope to ride this set-up through the rest of college without much change; next big changes would occur when finances are more permitting, at which point I'd probably move into a balanced set-up. By that point though, the Mjolnir/Gungnir will be old news, maybe would look into Schiit's balanced statements much later depending upon how the reviews roll in on those.

post #2950 of 3420

That being said, I -did- buy the MAC and Audioquest used at (relatively) reasonable prices. I won't try to defend the cabling purchases though, beyond feeling that I won't have to change them for a while and will probably recycle most of them even if the gear moves up (balance being the exception, of course).

post #2951 of 3420

I gotta get one of those nice headphone stands!!!!

 

I was getting such sweet sound just out of this combo last night:

 

NO outboard iDevice DAC,  just the ALO RxMK3-B head-amp w/ my iPod Classic via Moon Audio LOD-3 cable - Audeze LCD3's

w/ ALO Green cable - running out the balanced end

 

 

 

 

but I am loving using the Dragonfly as the DAC w/ the RxMK3-B!  One of my favorite desktop headphone listening combos...

 

This is, at the MOMENT, my personal favorite desktop set-up (for headphone listening) ALO Pan Am Running on Passport Battery - to my LCD3's

(I'm gonna buy this sucka):

 

 

 

My number 1 is the Headroom Triple Stack - but couldn't afford to keep it!!

Spent that money on my E.A.R 868 tube pre-amp for the big system:

 

 

post #2952 of 3420

Those damn stands make me want one every time I see them, though.

post #2953 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Those damn stands make me want one every time I see them, though.

Resistance is futile.  :D 

 

post #2954 of 3420

I'll probably end up with one, but I've got more important things to drop $200 on...like all these awesome LPs coming out lately. 

 

How's the mINT and HE6 combo? Seems like a good idea to me though the Class D nature of the mINT would be less than ideal.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face View Post

Resistance is futile.  :D 

 

post #2955 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

I'll probably end up with one, but I've got more important things to drop $200 on...like all these awesome LPs coming out lately. 

 

How's the mINT and HE6 combo? Seems like a good idea to me though the Class D nature of the mINT would be less than ideal.

 

I'm not sure why you'd say that, but I love the combo.  Having heard them on the Liquid Fire, EF-6, and WA22, this is still my favorite. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)