Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be... - Page 144  

post #2146 of 3420

A work in progress.

 

A LF for the LCD2s is en route, and the GES is here until I decide on a LF or WES for the Omegas. Probably not 'truly' highend, but it's TOTL for me.

 

900x600px-LL-10d5d014_photo3.jpeg

 

900x600px-LL-da6287ab_photo2.jpeg

post #2147 of 3420

from all the nice thing in that picture, the Vitra Chair is the one I want the most, very very nice :)

post #2148 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0gwai View Post

from all the nice thing in that picture, the Vitra Chair is the one I want the most, very very nice :)


I wish that I could sat that it was authentic. It's an imitation, though a good one, about $1,500.

Comfy as all get out, pretty too biggrin.gif.

post #2149 of 3420

I finally feel pretty good about actually posting a picture in this thread. Sure it's not quite as nice as some of you, but now that the LF is mine I think it's worthy.

 

a39fb5a4_0de6c90b_2483349.jpeg

 

Excuse the bad photo. I dimmed the XDA-1, but that LF beacon doesn't go down. It's terrible for photos, though I don't mind it in person.

post #2150 of 3420
Nothing to be ashamed about at all. Great setup MT, looking forward to hearing in next Saturday. smily_headphones1.gif
post #2151 of 3420

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0gwai View Post

from all the nice thing in that picture, the Vitra Chair is the one I want the most, very very nice :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by obzilla View Post


I wish that I could sat that it was authentic. It's an imitation, though a good one, about $1,500.

Comfy as all get out, pretty too biggrin.gif.

 

Eames Lounge (rights owned by Herman Miller). They are retarded expensive for legit ones, and even $1,500 for a knock-off seems steep; usually can find used ones on Craigslist for $600 or so.

 

I badly want one.

 

Can you do computer work in it, or strictly laying back, ie, lounging, lol?
 

 

post #2152 of 3420

hiendrig.jpg

 

Not the best photo, but I had this one lying around.

 

PS Audio Perfectwave DAC with Bridge and 2TB NAS, Samsung DVD/CDP, DIY KGSS, Woo WES, EC ZDT, EF-6, Nuforce HDP/S11, and Marantz 2240.  Nuforce CDP-8, NAD 555 TT and Woo WEE on back shelf (with HF-2 and AKG K240M).  SR-009, SR-007, HE-60 and HD-800 in the cases on the floor, and HE-6 on couch.  Cheap Sony speakers since replaced with PSB Imagine Mini.

 

Out of picture - wet bar with fridge and alcohol, pool table, fireplace and home theater.  Heaven is only an arms reach away...

post #2153 of 3420
Man, Larry. I don't think I've ever seen all your main stuff in one place before.
post #2154 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post

Man, Larry. I don't think I've ever seen all your main stuff in one place before.


Yeah - I should shoot the main bedroom rig sometime - Marantz CD5001 coax out and Macbook Pro optical into Stello DA100 Signature, feeding a maxed Woo WA6, HEV70, and EF5.  Plus Macbook Pro USB into DACmini, feeding ALO Amphora and SR-71b for a change in flavor.  I listen to both rigs mostly with Westone ES5, JH13Pro, ESW10JPN, SRH-840, HE-500, LA7000, LCD-2, SR-003, and Lambda Nova Signature.  

 

At the bedside I also have a Sony NE-20 CDP into Headroom Micro DAC and Micro AMP, plus Meier Headfive and Audiocats modded Stax SR-001. That's mostly for IEM listening when I go to sleep.  When I get my Blue Hawaii for the basement rig I'll replace the HEV70 with the KGSS.

 

If I had to sell EVERYTHING except one home rig and one portable, I'd keep the CDP-8 > PWD > KGSS > SR-009, and then the iPhone 4S > Pico Slim > ES5.

post #2155 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post

PS Audio Perfectwave DAC with Bridge and 2TB NAS, Samsung DVD/CDP, DIY KGSS, Woo WES, EC ZDT, EF-6, Nuforce HDP/S11, and Marantz 2240.  Nuforce CDP-8, NAD 555 TT and Woo WEE on back shelf (with HF-2 and AKG K240M).  SR-009, SR-007, HE-60 and HD-800 in the cases on the floor, and HE-6 on couch.  Cheap Sony speakers since replaced with PSB Imagine Mini.

Out of picture - wet bar with fridge and alcohol, pool table, fireplace and home theater.  Heaven is only an arms reach away...

Nice eye candy.
post #2156 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioImpemba View Post

 

 

Eames Lounge (rights owned by Herman Miller). They are retarded expensive for legit ones, and even $1,500 for a knock-off seems steep; usually can find used ones on Craigslist for $600 or so.

 

I badly want one.

 

Can you do computer work in it, or strictly laying back, ie, lounging, lol?
 

 

 

I looked at a few knock offs. The other cheaper ones I saw had lesser qualities of leather, one had a finish I didn't like on the wood. So I went with this one. I wanted something new, so craigslist was off. The cheapest I saw retail here in Canada was about $900 or so, but it was pretty far out of town. So I went with this one, the leather is nice, it doesn't squeak or creek when I move. I think I did alright. It all depends on what you want out of the chair.

 

But indeed, the real McCoys are priced a bit... unreasonably.

 

As far as compute work goes, well with a MacBook Air, it's a treat. Though I'm just emailing, controling what music is playing, occasional skype call etc. No problems.

As far as serious work, like with a workstation and desk? Well it's not exactly a mobile chair, so I wouldn't recommend it. I have a nice high back office chair for desk bound computer work.

 

When it comes to lounging though, ooooof, this thing is good beerchug.gif
 

 

post #2157 of 3420

It would kill the Eames's to see how much their furniture is selling for - their whole thing was to use modern processes to bring down the cost of fine, functional furniture. 

post #2158 of 3420

Considering the extremly rare and expensive wood used in the original Lounge Chair (Brazilian rosewood), I wouldn't say that bringing down the cost was their main concern or not at least with this particular model, also from the information I could gather it has always been an expensive chair even the first edition, now Vitra has the liscencing rights for Europe (Hermann Miller in the US I think) and the starting price (in EU) is around 7k and can go up to 10k depending on the finish an option, that's expensive but if you pay 5k for an amp why not pay that much for a nice chair :)

 

It was on my short list for my 'listening' chair but since I have 2 cats I had to look elsewhere bigsmile_face.gif

post #2159 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0gwai View Post
and the starting price (in EU) is around 7k and can go up to 10k depending on the finish an option, t


Huh, I could've sworn that it was closer to $3,500 for starters in North America. Which has kept a genuine model around as an idea, once I finish with this headphone stuff (lol). But at $7k, no way Jose. Just too much for a chair for me.

post #2160 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by obzilla View Post

<snip>

 

 

Cool, thanks for the feedback. dt880smile.png

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)