Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be... - Page 140  

post #2086 of 3420

Love those Magnepans smily_headphones1.gif

post #2087 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipilot227 View Post

Love those Magnepans smily_headphones1.gif


I hear you. No headphones setup will ever match the listening experience and enjoyment i get out my speaker rig.

 

Trying to audition a pair of Tannoy Turnberry SEs for a possible upgrade later in the year.


Edited by sachu - 1/28/12 at 11:07pm
post #2088 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachu View Post


I hear you. No headphones setup will ever match the listening experience and enjoyment i get out my speaker rig.

 

Trying to audition a pair of Tannoy Turnberry SEs for a possible upgrade later in the year.


Yeah, my uncle has a pair of Timpani's in his living room. Completely blows away any headphone or dynamic speaker rig I've heard to date. smily_headphones1.gif The only speakers I myself prefer are the Martin Logan electrostatics with the 8" dynamic woofer, as the Mags are a little bass-shy for my taste (but still amazing nevertheless)

 

post #2089 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachu View Post

It's only the o2mk1. The combo with the test amp is pure bliss to my ears. My upgraditis for headphones and amp ends with this combo.
Have no desire to own the 009. Next upgrades will all come to the speaker rig.
And yes its a test lf amp with an early proto design that I use exclusively as a preamplifier. Running Siemens halske ecc88 in them


At RMAF the LL was my favorite amp with the O2 Mk1.

 

post #2090 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post


At RMAF the LL was my favorite amp with the O2 Mk1.

 



I can understand why completely. The last two months have cemented the fact that this is the best headphone sound I have ever experienced since i registered on this site..period.

 

I have heard the O2Mk1 on the exstata, hybrid and solid state, SRM1-mk2, SRM-717 and the BHSE before and never felt taken with them like i have been the past couple of months with this amp. 

 

Speakers as good as they are, the O2mk1 and test amp combo have their permanent place in my home for my quiet time listening like I do every night now..as in, like right now. :) 


Edited by sachu - 1/28/12 at 11:53pm
post #2091 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachu View Post



I can understand why completely. The last two months have cemented the fact that this is the best headphone sound I have ever experienced since i registered on this site..period.

 

I have heard the O2Mk1 on the exstata, hybrid and solid state, SRM1-mk2, SRM-717 and the BHSE before and never felt taken with them like i have been the past couple of months with this amp. 

 

Speakers as good as they are, the O2mk1 and test amp combo have their permanent place in my home for my quiet time listening like I do every night now..as in, like right now. :) 


Wait until you try the SR-009 on the Liquid Lightning - that's also a fantastic combo.  I'll still seriously considering selling my WES to buy an LL.

 

post #2092 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossback View Post


what brought me to headphones?

last December i was using my Sennheiser HD-580's for monitoring my Studer A820 RTR deck, and i noticed the pad on the headband was coming apart. i'd had those cans for years and figured it was time to get a new pair. i looked around and somehow stumbled on Head-fi.org. the more i looked the more i got interested. there were many people really getting into headphones. i wondered if the very very best headphones might tell me things my speaker system could not. if i could have a reference apart from my system that could compete on some level that would be helpful, plus honestly messing with high end headphones looked like fun. it's my nature to want to investigate. one thing led to another and here i am......some questions i've answered and some i have not. i expect the 009's i just got and the BHSE "on the way" will eventually answer all my questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipilot227 View Post



You can get a replacement headband pad for the HD580 for around $10 on Sennheiser's website.

http://shop.sennheiserusa.com/retail2002/ProductDetails.aspx?direct_cat=Parts&direct_prod=052715

The HD580 is probably my favorite headphone so far. There's just so many things it does right, especially when properly amped smily_headphones1.gif

LMAO! Gotta love how a $10 pad propagates into a $10,000 headphone rig.
post #2093 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post


LMAO! Gotta love how a $10 pad propagates into a $10,000 headphone rig.


Seriously! This place is dangerous.

post #2094 of 3420

holy crap!  and I thought I was fast, hitting the top-tier 'stat rigs after only 3 years
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossback View Post

 

what brought me to headphones?

 

last December i was using my Sennheiser HD-580's for monitoring my Studer A820 RTR deck, and i noticed the pad on the headband was coming apart. i'd had those cans for years and figured it was time to get a new pair. i looked around and somehow stumbled on Head-fi.org. the more i looked the more i got interested. there were many people really getting into headphones. i wondered if the very very best headphones might tell me things my speaker system could not. if i could have a reference apart from my system that could compete on some level that would be helpful, plus honestly messing with high end headphones looked like fun. it's my nature to want to investigate. one thing led to another and here i am......some questions i've answered and some i have not. i expect the 009's i just got and the BHSE "on the way" will eventually answer all my questions.

 



 

post #2095 of 3420

I am using this Headphone amp for Audeze and Grado tubes are 26/245/80

 

IMG_0462.JPG

post #2096 of 3420
Not nearly as high-end as the systems in this thread, but this is the best that I could afford. Very, very happy with it!

complete_setup001.jpg
post #2097 of 3420

^

 

Very nice setup! smile.gif

post #2098 of 3420

Very nice! 

 

what monitors and speakers are those?

 

i have 3 monitors as well + the same computer case. 

 

i use klipsch pro media 2.1 as speakers.

post #2099 of 3420

Hehe gotta love digital blasphemy...
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoz View Post

Not nearly as high-end as the systems in this thread, but this is the best that I could afford. Very, very happy with it!
complete_setup001.jpg


 

post #2100 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoz View Post

- electronic glory - 

At first I thought your Burson was an Asgard for some reason.  Where are your Ed8's?
 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)