Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be... - Page 138  

post #2056 of 3420

Added a new amp to play with.

 

PAS_4140.jpg

 

 

post #2057 of 3420

Your b22 is really nice.

 

Which Accuphase power amp is that? A30?

post #2058 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by pockits View Post

This is my setup ... in my home...

 

I hope you like it...

 

20111012_231541.jpg

 

20111018_185115.jpg


Simply beautiful. What turntable is that?

 

post #2059 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorbidToaster View Post

Kind of an unspoken rule around here...Don't spend money you don't have on this stuff...
So true...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post

PAS_4140.jpg

Beautiful!
post #2060 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc9394 View Post

Added a new amp to play with.

 

 

 

 



Yes, very yummy. I love the look of that setup.

post #2061 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draygonn View Post


So true...
Beautiful!


+1

post #2062 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by pockits View Post

This is my setup ... in my home...

 

I hope you like it...

 

20111012_231541.jpg

 

 

 

I am confused, why would you place a pair of $18,000 speakers in a corner? I love the color of your walls, by the way.
 

 

post #2063 of 3420


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by comperic2003 View Post

 

I am confused, why would you place a pair of $18,000 speakers in a corner? I love the color of your walls, by the way.
 

 



Some people like small spaces? I would have done the exact same thing...

post #2064 of 3420

I think that he means acoustically that's probably the worst place you can put a speaker for the soundstage.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Morrow View Post


 



Some people like small spaces? I would have done the exact same thing...



 

 

post #2065 of 3420


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor991 View Post

I think that he means acoustically that's probably the worst place you can put a speaker for the soundstage.
 



 

 


 

Touche.

post #2066 of 3420

Who cares about soundstage? That doesn't look good for anything... No offense. I'm having problems with much smaller speakers in a much bigger space. Standing waves foremost, but other stuff too. A tricky resonance inducing frequency or a proper standing wave makes it difficult to have tuneful bass-response. I'm actually thinking of downgrading from my linn akurate 212's due to my difficult room characteristics frown.gif


Edited by electropop - 12/6/11 at 11:07am
post #2067 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by electropop View Post

Who cares about soundstage?

 One of the biggest reasons for buying speakers over headphones is the soundstage.  If you don't have soundstage with your speakers, you've got a problem.

post #2068 of 3420

Nah, to me it's not soundstage. Speakers can have a cramped presentation and much worse separation compared to a headphone... I don't really listen to soundstage, or I just don't know what it is. It doesn't really have anything to do with musical integrity, I think... 


Edited by electropop - 12/6/11 at 11:08am
post #2069 of 3420
Quote:
Originally Posted by electropop View Post

Nah, to me it's not soundstage. Speakers can have a cramped presentation and much worse separation compared to a headphone... I don't really listen to soundstage, or I just don't know what it is. It doesn't really have anything to do with musical integrity, I think... 


 

That depends entirely on your choice of music.  If you're listening to classical music, or something with a lot of percussion instruments, soundstage is vital to bringing an engaging presentation.  Although speakers are more difficult to perfect in terms of acoustic treatments and positioning, I find that speakers perform far better than their headphone analogues.

post #2070 of 3420

Well.. is just because f the picture... I do move them when I listen.. Plus the place is acoustically tuned.

 

Is an accu A65... C 2810 with phone card... turntable transrotor oreo 25/25/50... smd... sme v... ortofono mc a 90..

 

Thanks... it actually sound amazing... and... yet...

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
This thread is locked  
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)