its the legendary musical fidelity a1 integrated amp (mk3)and cd pro. both are very rare and also now discontinued from musical fidelity all together; your best bet might be to hunt around in the used market
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Is it worth it to repair my old amp & speakers or should I just a new system? Last post on 3/29/12 at 4:06pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- GoldenWave AMBER MK2 Last post on 4/16/15 at 9:24am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- NEW Thomas Mayer Headphone Amplifier Last post on 4/7/15 at 3:49am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- DAC vs AMP Last post on 4/4/15 at 9:25am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Obscure tube amps. Last post on 4/3/15 at 6:20am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop & Portable Speakers)Last edited: 12/8/16
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
Firstly I would like to thank iFi for this sample to review, as always I try to write honest reviews, this unit has had over 50hrs of burn-in, no real differences were noted. Gear Used: HP...
At 240 dollars new (price I paid) there is not a single headphone in the world with better price/performance ratio. Each song is a new listening experience and these sound far superior to any other...
I am writing this because I have read so much more than I have written, and I believe it's time to give back. There are two new versions of JVC's famous Bass iem: The FX99X and the FX77X, I am...
Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here) - Page 107
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #1592 of 34203/6/11 at 1:47pmQuote:
redbeansand.......Thank you. I'm not really shopping for gear, but was curious about those two pieces. Very attractive gear.
post #1593 of 34203/6/11 at 3:25pmpost #1594 of 34203/6/11 at 6:33pm
Quote:Originally Posted by jdandy
cn11.......I have had the PMC EB1i's for almost three years now, and absolutely love them. They are able to reproduce music in a transparent and neutral fashion, while playing softly or as loud as you would care to play them. They handle dynamics that are strikingly real at all volumes. The sound stage is well produced, stable, and thoroughly involving, and the transmission line loaded cabinet produces strong, solid, low distortion bass output well below 30Hz. Every day I look forward to listening to the PMC's, and that is the best measure of all. I turn my system on about 10:00 AM, and shut it off about midnight. Zero listener fatigue. The speakers are amazing. I don't see myself replacing them with anything. I have auditioned many fine speakers, some costing over three times the EB1i's price, and have not been moved to consider moving to a different speaker. I am very pleased with the PMC EB1i speakers. I can highly recommend them to anyone considering a top quality speaker purchase. I also think they are a very attractive speaker. Mine are finished in a beautiful cherry veneer on all sides.
Ohhh no, I was afraid your reply would be something like that! Wallet is very afraid........post #1595 of 34203/6/11 at 11:51pmpost #1596 of 34203/7/11 at 5:46ampost #1597 of 34203/7/11 at 5:51ampost #1598 of 34203/9/11 at 9:32pmpost #1599 of 34203/9/11 at 9:58pmpost #1600 of 34203/10/11 at 5:12ampost #1601 of 34203/10/11 at 8:51ampost #1602 of 34203/10/11 at 9:01ampost #1603 of 34203/10/11 at 12:32pm
Compressor? It's not an air-bearing tonearm. This is the original Clearaudio Reference TT w/ the Souther TQ-1 Linear tracking arm. It's from the late 90's (the one that surpassed HP's Goldmund at that time). I'm sure there are far better tables out there today but this one still works for me. No reason to change. After 30yrs of the high-end merry go round, me and my wallet are done.
The arm is simply a titanium rod attached to a sled. The sled has three (stainless steel) wheels that glide on quartz glass rails. No air. Setup is exacting. Sound is pretty good. The old Insider cartridge is gone, Replaced with something respectable (but not a world beater). I'm just happy to still have this setup. Dated but, it'll do. :)
Robpost #1604 of 34203/11/11 at 5:22pmpost #1605 of 34203/11/11 at 5:27pm
This thread is locked
- Pictures Of Your High End System (Please see the first pages for examples of what should be posted here)
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. With WiFi and... 12 seconds ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 16 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 45 seconds ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Effect audio collaborations 3 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica AD1000X 5 minutes ago
- › FLC Technology FLC8 and FLC8s Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › UITaudio PMP-354P by Army-Firedawg
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ngoshawk
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear