Originally Posted by MatsudaMan
Based on the fact that everything you so say is directed at either getting people to by Little-dot amps by trying (through reviews) to pump them up to legendary/classic status or persuading them not to get rid of them....and always doing it with smiley face.....Do you by chance work for Little-tube? Your review of the MKV makes it sound like it is > 1000 dollar amp with no flaws - same with the MKIVse, when it is well known that even many integrated amplifier's headphone outs are just as good, if not better. Sounds a little fishy.
Dear Suspicious Head-fier,
Give me a break! The questions I asked him were totally logical and represent my wish to help him, because I have a great deal of experience tube rolling the MKIVse.
It may be your "opinion" that I try to get people to "by" Little-Dot amps by writing reviews, and pumping them up to legendary/classic status, and/or persuading them not to get rid of them, and/or using smiley faces too much, or that I work for Little-Dot somehow, but your suspicions could not be further from the truth! The only thing obvious here, is that you don't know how to spell "buy".
Here are the facts for the readership's benefit:
1. I do not work for Little-Dot.
2. I purchase and own the amps I review. (Not many reviewers can say this.)
3. I'm a 50 year old disabled veteran, who has been an audiophile for over 32 years. I'm not the bad guy.
4. I write impressionist reviews because they tell much more about the item being reviewed. I give all the facts and my impressions in my reviews. I do not write comparative reviews, which seem to be the standard around here.
5. In real life, I try to find a happy way of handling even the roughest of difficulties, and this shows in my posts.
Again, I'm not the bad guy.
6. Last but not least, I WRITE REVIEWS FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE READERSHIP. I put serious research, time and effort into my reviews and hope that others will get something useful out of them.
Your statement "when it is well known that even many integrated amplifier's headphone outs are just as good, if not better." is an opinion based on nothing. It's not factual, there are no references and it comes off like it is "wide spread knowledge" and is somehow superior to other opinions. If you go back and read my post, you'll see I didn't give my opinion on how good or bad a NAD headphone jack was. If I owned a NAD receiver, you can bet I'd tell you my impression of it's headphone jack, positive or negative, most likely with a smiley too.
For the OP: Sorry this happened in your thread, I had no idea it would happen. I won't reply any further than this reply, to help you keep things on topic. If you'd like a few suggestions on tubes, PM me, I'd be glad to help.