Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Confused about the K1000 rolloff
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Confused about the K1000 rolloff - Page 3

post #31 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY View Post
It's not a good sign, in my opinion, that you completely misunderstood the intention of this thread - although it does explain, to an extent, why you posted here in the first place.
And what is the intention of this thread then? Just to post misleading info about the performace of a legendary heapdhone that, we, all the old members of headfi, know by heart??? This thread is just becoming more and more ridiculous by minute, let's get out of here...before my blood pressure begings to rise up...
post #32 of 96
As far as a theory as to what the OP asked, perhaps test tones allow the drivers to produce lower bass at a higher audible level than is commonly heard in music, because a lot of music typically doesn't use a whole lot of sound in those very low frequency ranges?

Also, low-frequency waves take longer to mature than high-frequency waves, due to wavelength, and as the "deep" lows are something that's almost felt as much as heard, since headphone drivers simply can't move as much air as, say, a 12" subwoofer in an ABC or snailshell box, those frequencies get covered up by more audible higher frequencies?

Just random ideas.
post #33 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonicLemming View Post
Well, this is coming from someone new here with no connection to "member politics," but it seems like everytime the "zomg that headphone has bass that person should just get car subs!" (which I find hilarious, coming from car audio myself), it seems like Ultrasones always get brought up.

There seems to be two very divided camps here - those who feel any sort of bass response in a headphone means it's "muddy, bloated, and icky," and those who feel a headphone with little bass response is, "thin, dry, clinical, and boring."

Thing is, some music REQUIRES a lot of bass impact to really sound right, while other types of music do much better with a very light low-end. I'm not sure why that seems to get ignored...maybe it doesn't and I'm only seeing a few arguments where it's happening and I'm making the classical psychological mistake of thinking a few examples means it happens constantly, but *shrug*

It also seems like anyone who likes Ultrasones gets branded as a brand-lover, nutswinger, whatever the current trendy saying is in the headphone world. Again, that doesn't make sense. Just because someone likes a specific brand doesn't mean they can't like, or at least appreciate, other brands. Hell, I love my 780s, but that's not going to make me say, "Ewww, AKGs, Grados, Denons, ew! I'll never listen to those! Ultrasone forever!"

I'm quite used to it, coming from an automotive and car audio background, where choice of brand categorizes you just as much as what you use that equipment for (even if one isn't in said brand "camps" at all, they still get labeled as being in such by simple fact of ownership), but I still don't understand it.

That thought's actually provoked an interesting psychological experiment in my mind....hm.



Maybe it's the "anti-trend" trend....Ultrasones seemed to be the brand of the month for a bit, and there's always the group that decides to be anti-trendy and bash that brand simply because they can, and thus, a second trend is born. Now, I'm not saying that's the case here, just something I've seen time and again in all the varied hobbies I have.

Maybe people who bought the previous "top of the line product of the trendy brand of the month" are feeling threatened because their stuff isn't going to be commonly acknowledged as the "trendy-best" any more? Seems silly to me to buy something based on popularity rather than logical weighing of the specs, pros and cons, and objective reviews, but again, *shrug*

/loquacious diatribe
I respect your opinion man, but understand that my quarrel is not with you, or with Ultrasone. The thing is, I have nothing against those who enjoy supporting a particular brand or model of headphone; everyone does it to a certain extent. And I certainly have nothing against those who pick out flaws in products that others or myself may personally fancy - RS-1's, for example, are among the most colored of headphones in production.

However, SovKiller is not doing either of the above. In his posts thus far, he's said in essence that K1000's, R-10's, Shure IEMs, HD600, HD555, HD595, K701's etc. are obviously flawed, while Ultrasones are the divine representative of an audiophile's ideal dream product. This, I do have a problem with.
post #34 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY View Post
However, SovKiller is not doing either of the above. In his posts thus far, he's said in essence that K1000's, R-10's, Shure IEMs, HD600, HD555, HD595, K701's etc. are obviously flawed, while Ultrasones are the divine representative of an audiophile's ideal dream product. This, I do have a problem with.
Do you know how to read English or not? Please where did I say such a stupid thing? Sorry but I do not even believe it, so how could I say such a stupid thing? Man, you have a very good imagination......

Even while it is true that all of them are flawed, and for diffrent reasons, and including the Ultrasones if that make you feel better...
post #35 of 96
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovkiller View Post
Just because a few K-1000 (that I could call also fanboys, and never did) are trying to offer complete misleading info about their bass performance????
Lol, I'd gladly sell my K1000s immediately if I thought they lacked bass performance and get my money back.
post #36 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY View Post
I respect your opinion man, but understand that my quarrel is not with you, or with Ultrasone. The thing is, I have nothing against those who enjoy supporting a particular brand or model of headphone; everyone does it to a certain extent. And I certainly have nothing against those who pick out flaws in products that others or myself may personally fancy - RS-1's, for example, are among the most colored of headphones in production.

However, SovKiller is not doing either of the above. In his posts thus far, he's said in essence that K1000's, R-10's, Shure IEMs, HD600, HD555, HD595, K701's etc. are obviously flawed, while Ultrasones are the divine representative of an audiophile's ideal dream product. This, I do have a problem with.
Oh, I quite understand - my statement was based more as a general thing rather than towards anyone. It just seems that any headphone associated with bass output instantly throws it into that category of stuff that only "bassheads" (and that hurts to type, as, in the car audio sense, that word gets horridly misconstrued here...but that's a different subject) would buy, and that low-end bass response means a set of headphones will instantly sound muddy and disgusting.
post #37 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovkiller View Post
And what is the intention of this thread then? Just to post misleading info about the performace of a legendary heapdhone that, we, all the old members of headfi, know by heart??? This thread is just becoming more and more ridiculous by minute, let's get out of here...before my blood pressure begings to rise up...
It's okay Alberto, calm down, breathe deeply, listen to some S-Logic. Just because a significant number of people find the K1000 to have a sufficient bass response doesn't mean you won't be able to enjoy your Ultrasones any less. As much irony as there is in you criticizing other people for posting "misleading info" because it differs from your opinion, it's really not worth continuing arguing with you about it and letting you ruin somebody else's thread even more. Just let it go.
post #38 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymadison View Post
Lol, I'd gladly sell my K1000s immediately if I thought they lacked bass performance and get my money back.
LOL....Please do yourself a favor and just do it, you will have time enough later on to thank me for that reco, you will find a bunch of headphones out there, that are overall far better than those in all regards...(Ultrasones aside, OK???)

And you will save tons of money!!! On top.....
post #39 of 96
Thread Starter 
For what it's worth, I think source matters more than an amp for the K1000s. Tried it out of a fubar and my x-fi and it didn't work out too well (Lacked bass and dynamics, much brighter). Getting amplifiers didn't give me huge improvements in sound (Never tried one over $400-$500 though) but upgrading my source did improve things quite a bit. I'm pretty much done upgrading my headphones, so down the road I will upgrade to a "one size fits all" amp like the Headamp GS-X and a better source too.
post #40 of 96
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovkiller View Post
LOL....Please do yourself a favor and just do it, you will have time enough later on to thank me for that reco, you will find a bunch of headphones out there, that are overall far better than those in all regards...(Ultrasones aside, OK???)
If you looked at my sig, you'd notice that I was unimpressed with many headphones. Most people on this forum would probably disagree with my opinions about a lot of audio equipment anyway so you are not alone.
post #41 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz View Post
It's okay Alberto, calm down, breathe deeply, listen to some S-Logic. Just because a significant number of people find the K1000 to have a sufficient bass response doesn't mean you won't be able to enjoy your Ultrasones any less. As much irony as there is in you criticizing other people for posting "misleading info" because it differs from your opinion, it's really not worth continuing arguing with you about it and letting you ruin somebody else's thread even more. Just let it go.
Fitz I'm not mad, but please read above, just for trying to post a different opinion, that BTW is in agreement with lot of more opinions here along time, I was almost crucified!!!! How would you feel in my shoes? Of course I will keep on enjoying the Editions, no doubt about that; but do not forget also that we have newbies here everyday, that we have an obligation with, of offering them the right information, and that come here everyday and read what we post...this is simply BS, man....

You know, same as me, as anybody of the old members, that the bass performance of the K-1000 have been considered a joke in all these years...Why opening a thread just to praise precisely what is really and actually flawed on given headphone, sorry but I do not get it!!!!!!!

I apologize with the original poster but I simply felt the need of posting here!!!!!!!!!!
post #42 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovkiller View Post
Sorry to water your soup but I do have heard the K-1000 (maybe not yours) but others, many times, and IMO they are very good at what they do, but very bad at what they don't, the bass is what they do not do right at all, sorry. IMO the roll off is pretty evident in comparison to many other hepadhones...and not in the 50-ish range, IMO it begins far above that figure....that is unless you use the "magic Airtight" push-pull speaker amp Nik uses, that according to him, fixes all the problems and turn the K-1000 in to the best heapdhone ever made by God...

Sorry guys this is not true, the K-1000 is severely lacking on the bass dpt...not in vane we have heard all the complaints time after time here for years, that is not new at all, and the concept have not changed a single bit yet, many people even try to use it with subwoofers......
Can someone tell me what happened to the following terms from the Head-Fi Rules/Terms of Use?

Quote:
# A Member of the Trade may not post negative comments about products/services of competitors.

# A Member of the Trade may not review (or make any subjective assessments of) his or her services and/or products he or she manufacturers, represents, sells.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovkiller View Post
So you come here, and call me an Ultrasone fanboy, because I chime in, and mentioned a few other cans, (Ultrasone included, but not the only ones) that offer (and still there are a lot more) better performance in the bass dpt, than the k-1000....Just because a few K-1000 (that I could call also fanboys, and never did) are trying to offer complete misleading info about their bass performance????

Sorry but I feel really sorry about Head-fi, as it had changed for the worst if that is the way to go from now on!!!!!!
Yes, it certainly has changed. Bad things are happening here. You are a member of the trade and yet you consistently--in this thread and many others--ignore the rules applicable to you. Go ahead and tout your phones, that's fine. But when you do so and pretend that you're just "chiming in" when you criticize another phone, it is disingenuous and misleading. Many of us have been around long enough to know you're a MOT, but lots of newbs do not (despite the tag, newbs might not understand the lack of objectivity). Your posts are but one example of the rampant shilling that goes on here these days; at least you have a MOT tag. The shills make reading this site like wading through mud. Please stop.
post #43 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymadison View Post
If you looked at my sig, you'd notice that I was unimpressed with many headphones. Most people on this forum would probably disagree with my opinions about a lot of audio equipment anyway so you are not alone.

I do not disagree at all, and I would let them go same as you did, most of them have been in my inventory for some time, and let them go as well, others have not even been considered, as I never liked them...Payme a visit one day and for sure I will convince you otherwise, I'm not a bad person at the end....
post #44 of 96
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovkiller View Post
I do not disagree at all, and I would let them go same as you did, most of them have been in my inventory for some time, and let them go as well, others have not even been considered, as I never liked them...Payme a visit one day and for sure I will convince you otherwise, I'm not a bad person at the end....
I'd still like to hear the UE9 someday.
post #45 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monkey View Post
Yes, it certainly has changed. Bad things are happening here. You are a member of the trade and yet you consistently--in this thread and many others--ignore the rules applicable to you. Go ahead and tout your phones, that's fine. But when you do so and pretend that you're just "chiming in" when you criticize another phone, it is disingenuous and misleading. Many of us have been around long enough to know you're a MOT, but lots of newbs do not (despite the tag, newbs might not understand the lack of objectivity). Your posts are but one example of the rampant shilling that goes on here these days; at least you have a MOT tag. The shills make reading this site like wading through mud. Please stop.
Do you see any headphone in the Rudistor website, sold by us, or sold by me directly. We sell amps, and there is no amps discussed here AFAIK...I'm not restricted to discuss any headphone, or any other non amp related item by my status, unless things had changed....

Moderator Edit
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Confused about the K1000 rolloff