Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Confused about the K1000 rolloff
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Confused about the K1000 rolloff - Page 2

post #16 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovkiller View Post
Sorry to water your soup...
Knowing that you're a lover of the Edition 9 I find your comments unsurprising and completely out of line with my own. The Edition 9 has one of the most unnatural frequency responses that I've heard in a headphone.
post #17 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovkiller View Post
The SR007 is not a good example of good deep bass at all neither, nor any electrostatics are till now, BTW...
Then we have different opinions. Cause I don't find the SR-007 to have much of a bass roll-off.
But then again I have never heard the well known bass-phones (Edition 9, L3000, ...), and hence may miss out of some lower frequencies.

In turn making my comparison of the K1000 against the SR-007 to not be relevant, since the SR-007 "is not a good example of good deep bass". Hmmm
post #18 of 96
sovkiller,

Is it possible that others may hear the K1000 differently than you do? Maybe due to they way they perceive sound, or their associated gear, that the K1000's can achieve a different level of performance? While I am sure we all here value and respect your opinion on such matters, but to outright tell a couple of users that they are wrong and are hearing the K1000 improperly is pretty asinine, without even talking about the associated equipment you used them with, and the context they were used under. To just tell different users straight up "NO! YOU ARE WRONG, MY EARS ARE RIGHT!" shows how much value you put into your own words and how little value you put into the impressions of others.
post #19 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_maher View Post
Knowing that you're a lover of the Edition 9 I find your comments unsurprising and completely out of line with my own. The Edition 9 has one of the most unnatural frequency responses that I've heard in a headphone.
I have to agree with the above. I sold my ED9's after my ears began to hurt from the bass response. I thought they were the greatest headphone until I realized that the bass was so out of whack that it actually became painful.

The K1000 require the right amp to sound best. There are a number that work in various price ranges. I had the First Watt F1/ZD as a preamp and the Woo WA5. I was happy with the bass response out of both set ups. Could it have been deeper, sure, but that doesn't mean it wasn't good.
post #20 of 96
If and when I go back to a dynamic rig, the K1000 will be among my first choices. It sounded amazing out of the Millett beast at CanJam. And it definitely had extreme bass.
post #21 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by gp_hebert View Post
Yeah, that's probably because they don't have S-Logic.
Nah, they just don't have the BOOM-BOOM bass of the Ultrasones.
post #22 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovkiller View Post
Sorry to water your soup but I do have heard the K-1000 (maybe not yours) but others, many times, and IMO they are very good at what they do, but very bad at what they don't, the bass is what they do not do right at all, sorry. IMO the roll off is pretty evident in comparison to many other hepadhones...and not in the 50-ish range, IMO it begins far above that figure....that is unless you use the "magic Airtight" push-pull speaker amp Nik uses, that according to him, fixes all the problems and turn the K-1000 in to the best heapdhone ever made by God...

Sorry guys this is not true, the K-1000 is severely lacking on the bass dpt...not in vane we have heard all the complaints time after time here for years, that is not new at all, and the concept have not changed a single bit yet, many people even try to use it with subwoofers......

Just compare it ot the HD650, DT880, Prolines, Editon 9, even some IEM's...and you will see...The SR007 is not a good example of good deep bass at all neither, nor any electrostatics are till now, BTW...

I do love the Edition 9, and probably you know what that means, so you have been warned...!!!
Everyone should remember that these comments need to be viewed as coming from someone who actively promotes the ultrasone sound...

USG
post #23 of 96
Wow....lots and lots of Ultrasone hate....
post #24 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by upstateguy View Post
Everyone should remember that these comments need to be viewed as coming from someone who actively promotes the ultrasone sound...

USG
Ok, is that preference wrong or what??? I like the Ultrasone sound, so what???

But if you feel that Ultrasone should not be considered, so be it, OK...Do yourself a favor, just remove all the Ultrasone headphones from that list, and add all these others, please:

V6, CD3K, R-10, PS-1000, Portapros, Shure IEMs, HD580, HD600, HD555, HD595, K701, DT770, Qualia, AD2000, MS-1, MS-2, RS (any of them), HD590, Sa5K, SA3K, SA1K, etc, etc....

Want more??? I could go on, but of course, I feel not need of that, given than even a protapro will offer a better response than a K-1000 on the lower bass octaves...


Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrion View Post
I have to agree with the above. I sold my ED9's after my ears began to hurt from the bass response. I thought they were the greatest headphone until I realized that the bass was so out of whack that it actually became painful.

The K1000 require the right amp to sound best. There are a number that work in various price ranges. I had the First Watt F1/ZD as a preamp and the Woo WA5. I was happy with the bass response out of both set ups. Could it have been deeper, sure, but that doesn't mean it wasn't good.
Tyrion that is you opinion and I respect it, but also consider that the Editions same as the K-1000 need an amp to match, not out of any amp they will sound as good, just ask Vicky if you have any doubt...

IMO you have never heard the Editions out of any amp that made them justice, it is not that you like this amp, and it will match magically with all heapdhones you have, just because you want it to be a good match, this never happen that way, you know that...We have hundreds of very good amps in the market, that will not be agood match for given heapdhones, synergy is all about...You know that...

And don't tell me that the 5 minutes that you spend with them at CanJam will cout, becasue we all know they can not...you need time and other sources, to have a really good idea of the sound of them...

But anyway that is not the point of this discussion we are talking of the K-1000, and their inherent lack of bass, that we have noticed for decades here and there.....


Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonicLemming View Post
Wow....lots and lots of Ultrasone hate....
Good point, and with no reason, right? It seems that you have to like here Grados, AKG, Senns, Sony, Stax, etc...not sure if they give some kind of extra support, or maybe good deals to some selected members, that have to show that kind of attitude, sorry but I do not get it...(???)
post #25 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonicLemming View Post
Wow....lots and lots of Ultrasone hate....
No one here is hating on Ultrasone. It is aggravating, however, when members decide to openly deny the opinions of others in favor of their own; especially when such comments carry little relevance with respect to the original post.

Look, no one here is implying that the K1000's are perfect, or to everyone's liking. In fact, this thread wasn't even started to advocate the K1000's sound signature. It is, however, completely accurate and, in this case, called for, to point out that Ultrasones aren't exactly without flaws either.
post #26 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by recstar24 View Post
sovkiller,

Is it possible that others may hear the K1000 differently than you do? Maybe due to they way they perceive sound, or their associated gear, that the K1000's can achieve a different level of performance? While I am sure we all here value and respect your opinion on such matters, but to outright tell a couple of users that they are wrong and are hearing the K1000 improperly is pretty asinine, without even talking about the associated equipment you used them with, and the context they were used under. To just tell different users straight up "NO! YOU ARE WRONG, MY EARS ARE RIGHT!" shows how much value you put into your own words and how little value you put into the impressions of others.
That is not my opinion only, please do not judge me, just do a search and you will find thousands of complaints about the lack of bass of the K-1000, here in this same forum, and for years and years, that is the only flaw of them we had complained about for decades, what are you talking about? Suddenly for a few members the K-1000 became a bass monsters, and we all have to accept that....that is insane sorry????
post #27 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY View Post
No one here is hating on Ultrasone. It is aggravating, however, when clear fanboys decide to openly deny the opinions of others in favor of their own; especially when such comments carry little relevance with respect to the original post.

Look, no one here is implying that the K1000's are perfect, or to everyone's liking. In fact, this thread wasn't even started to advocate the K1000's sound signature. It is, however, completely accurate and, in this case, called for, to point out that Ultrasones aren't exactly without flaws either.
So you come here, and call me an Ultrasone fanboy, because I chime in, and mentioned a few other cans, (Ultrasone included, but not the only ones) that offer (and still there are a lot more) better performance in the bass dpt, than the k-1000....Just because a few K-1000 (that I could call also fanboys, and never did) are trying to offer complete misleading info about their bass performance????

Sorry but I feel really sorry about Head-fi, as it had changed for the worst if that is the way to go from now on!!!!!!

Feel the way you want, and beleive what you want, please...Just consider the K-1000 the heapdhones made by God along with the ten commandments in the stone table if you want...I'm simply out of here, nothing more to add to the sanity of this thread...

I really feel sorry for some of the new headfellows here, that will read all these absurd posts...
post #28 of 96
Quote:
But anyway that is not the point of this discussion we are talking of the K-1000, and their inherent lack of bass, that we have noticed for decades here and there.....
It's not a good sign, in my opinion, that you completely misunderstood the intention of this thread - although it does explain, to an extent, why you posted here in the first place.
post #29 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY View Post
No one here is hating on Ultrasone. It is aggravating, however, when clear fanboys decide to openly deny the opinions of others in favor of their own; especially when such comments carry little relevance with respect to the original post.

Look, no one here is implying that the K1000's are perfect, or to everyone's liking. In fact, this thread wasn't even started to advocate the K1000's sound signature. It is, however, completely accurate and, in this case, called for, to point out that Ultrasones aren't exactly without flaws either.
Well, this is coming from someone new here with no connection to "member politics," but it seems like everytime the "zomg that headphone has bass that person should just get car subs!" (which I find hilarious, coming from car audio myself), it seems like Ultrasones always get brought up.

There seems to be two very divided camps here - those who feel any sort of bass response in a headphone means it's "muddy, bloated, and icky," and those who feel a headphone with little bass response is, "thin, dry, clinical, and boring."

Thing is, some music REQUIRES a lot of bass impact to really sound right, while other types of music do much better with a very light low-end. I'm not sure why that seems to get ignored...maybe it doesn't and I'm only seeing a few arguments where it's happening and I'm making the classical psychological mistake of thinking a few examples means it happens constantly, but *shrug*

It also seems like anyone who likes Ultrasones gets branded as a brand-lover, nutswinger, whatever the current trendy saying is in the headphone world. Again, that doesn't make sense. Just because someone likes a specific brand doesn't mean they can't like, or at least appreciate, other brands. Hell, I love my 780s, but that's not going to make me say, "Ewww, AKGs, Grados, Denons, ew! I'll never listen to those! Ultrasone forever!"

I'm quite used to it, coming from an automotive and car audio background, where choice of brand categorizes you just as much as what you use that equipment for (even if one isn't in said brand "camps" at all, they still get labeled as being in such by simple fact of ownership), but I still don't understand it.

That thought's actually provoked an interesting psychological experiment in my mind....hm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovkiller View Post
Good point, and with no reason, right? It seems that you have to like here Grados, AKG, Senns, Sony, Stax, etc...not sure if they give some kind of extra support, or maybe good deals to some selected members, that have to show that kind of attitude, sorry but I do not get it...(???)
Maybe it's the "anti-trend" trend....Ultrasones seemed to be the brand of the month for a bit, and there's always the group that decides to be anti-trendy and bash that brand simply because they can, and thus, a second trend is born. Now, I'm not saying that's the case here, just something I've seen time and again in all the varied hobbies I have.

Maybe people who bought the previous "top of the line product of the trendy brand of the month" are feeling threatened because their stuff isn't going to be commonly acknowledged as the "trendy-best" any more? Seems silly to me to buy something based on popularity rather than logical weighing of the specs, pros and cons, and objective reviews, but again, *shrug*

/loquacious diatribe
post #30 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovkiller View Post
So you come here, and call me an Ultrasone fanboy, because I chime in, and mentioned a few other cans, (Ultrasone included, but not the only ones) that offer (and still there are a lot more) better performance in the bass dpt, than the k-1000....Just because a few K-1000 (that I could call also fanboys, and never did) are trying to offer complete misleading info about their bass performance????

Sorry but I feel really sorry about Head-fi, as it had changed for the worst if that is the way to go from now on!!!!!!
Please, let me reiterate that no one here is misrepresenting the K1000's sound signature, or expressing biased opinions towards them. Yes, everyone has a slightly (or in some cases, dramatically) different perception of sound and an even broader range of personal taste; and I respect that.

What I and others are trying to get across here, however, is that you are (intentionally or unintentionally) outright dismissing the opinions of others as clear bias, without the slightest hint of appreciation for the fact that some people don't agree with you, but aren't out to get you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Confused about the K1000 rolloff