Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Lilith Audio Player
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lilith Audio Player - Page 30

post #436 of 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

 

Lower latency is better than higher latency.  There are a lot more applications for ASIO than recording purposes, since very low latency can be vital in a dozen different applications, I've used it in three myself.

 

A concept in high-end audio is the pursuit of higher quality sound, you don't have to necessarily hear the difference all the time.  No one cares if you can't hear the difference in KS or ASIO since we all know that a 5ms signal is more pure than a 150ms signal.  Similarly, everyone knows that their FLAC library is more pure than their MP3 library, even if they may not hear any clear difference.

 

What we don't know is why uLilith has more efficient code than the other media players, we just know it sounds better.  You don't need to have a degree in how a blu-ray player works at the laser nanosecond level to appreciate the quality of the picture.

 

Some users are satisfied with the pursuit or perception of higher sound quality, other users need to have evidence before they actually concede to any difference, sorry we don't have evidence of ASIO or uLilith for you, just some common sense that they're more efficient and some listening skill.


Do you think it sounds better than cPlay? For me it's quite easy for me to tell the differences between cPlay and foobar. The treble is a dead giveaway plus the spacial positioning within the sound stage. It just appears to be bigger, more air within that sound stage. But treble is still the biggest giveaway to my ears.

post #437 of 487

I don't like colour, for it makes me duller. I am a neophyte, in black and white. 1's and 0's, are my new heroes. I need a sage, in a digital age.

 

Take my digital dust, for your economic lust.  Take my bits and bytes, so you can sleep at night. Take my voltage over time, as your paradigm.  Take my digital love, to kill your analog dove.

post #438 of 487

"Listen to the sound of wallpaper - look at the colour of wind"

 

-- Japanese haiku, 1571, monk kiteki from Niigata,

post #439 of 487
Is there a way to play aac files without converting them?
post #440 of 487

http://www.project9k.jp/download/uLilith/2013-01-18_SSE2Diff.7z

http://www.project9k.jp/download/uLilith/2013-01-18_x64.7z

http://www.project9k.jp/download/uLilith/2013-01-18_x86.7z

http://www.project9k.jp/download/uLilith/2013-01-18_Core2.7z

http://www.project9k.jp/download/uLilith/2013-01-18_x64Core2.7z


New version released

 

 

● Updated the association tool for Vista or later

 DisableRegion, with items StaticString / DynamicString, fix the collision detectionwhen non-Aling = TopLeft
● Correcting collision detection when non-Align = TopLeft, were ZoomItem is funny

 Rewrite the Copyright -2013
● The OS version information acquisition, adding because I had forgotten to add thedecision of Windows 8
 

Edited by Nachash - 1/20/13 at 11:50am
post #441 of 487

Lilith player [latest version] which has been working flawlessly in Windows 7 Sp1 for some time is now all of a sudden crashing with MSVCR90.dll version 9.0.30729.6161 as the faulting module.. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I have tried sfc /scannow which found no errors. Thanks very much.

post #442 of 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiti View Post

Lilith player [latest version] which has been working flawlessly in Windows 7 Sp1 for some time is now all of a sudden crashing with MSVCR90.dll version 9.0.30729.6161 as the faulting module.. Does anyone know how to fix this?

I have tried sfc /scannow which found no errors. Thanks very much.


I was able to fix the crashing problem by reverting to the February 2011 build of uLilith. The sound is glorious using DirectSound but WASAPI for some reason causes distortion and sound breakup. I guess DirectSound has to be fine.


Edited by Digiti - 6/2/13 at 4:31pm
post #443 of 487

Hey all,

 

I'm loving uLilith, but how do you make it play mp4 files?  Or is it even possible?

post #444 of 487

I corresponded by email with Northern Verse the developer of Ulilith. He suggested I try the 5-5-2013 version of his program because of some recoding he did for this version. I tried it and the error does not show up for this version either. Problem solved!

post #445 of 487
Where did you download this? The latest I could find was the Feb 2013 version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiti View Post

I corresponded by email with Northern Verse the developer of Ulilith. He suggested I try the 5-5-2013 version of his program because of some recoding he did for this version. I tried it and the error does not show up for this version either. Problem solved!
post #446 of 487

Here you are:  http://www.project9k.jp/download/uLilith/  . Quick service!
 

post #447 of 487
Thanks so much!! But what is the difference between the x64 and x64Core2? And can you tell me if I can get mp4 files to play in uLilith!
Edited by kattara - 7/4/13 at 9:04pm
post #448 of 487
I have only one mp4 audio file on my collection. It plays in ulilith fine after adding"mp4" to file extensions list in settings manually in the File Operations menu; then use the open folder option in ulilith, navigate to the folder where the mp4 resides then choose "all files" to see the file; it should then play. If it does not play you may lack the Microsoft DirectShow Filter[DTV-DVD] which can be installed with the K-Lite Codec Pack found here:
http://codecguide.com/index.html Let me know your results.

Core 2 64 referrs to your processor..I do not know what diiference the regular 64 vs Core 2 64 makes.
Edited by Digiti - 7/5/13 at 1:11am
post #449 of 487
Please excuse the double post.
Edited by Digiti - 7/5/13 at 1:07am
post #450 of 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digiti View Post

I have only one mp4 audio file on my collection. It plays in ulilith fine after adding"mp4" to file extensions list in settings manually in the File Operations menu; then use the open folder option in ulilith, navigate to the folder where the mp4 resides then choose "all files" to see the file; it should then play. If it does not play you may lack the Microsoft DirectShow Filter[DTV-DVD] which can be installed with the K-Lite Codec Pack found here:
http://codecguide.com/index.html Let me know your results.

Core 2 64 referrs to your processor..I do not know what diiference the regular 64 vs Core 2 64 makes.

 

Ughh... I'm sorry, I meant m4a not mp4. I checked the file operations menu, and m4a is listed there, but it still will not add m4a files to a playlist. And I have the CCC Pack installed. Is that good enuff, or do I have to specifically install the K-Lite codec pack?

 

And I got a i7 processor. Which uLilith should I be using?

 

Thanks again for all your help!!


Edited by kattara - 7/5/13 at 12:47pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Audio
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Computer Audio › Lilith Audio Player