Still doesn't work, how can I add ffdshow as a plug-in?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Amp and/or sound card for $200 Last post on 9/4/12 at 12:13pm in Computer Audio
- Xonar DGX vs higher end cards Last post on 1/4/15 at 9:27am in Computer Audio
- Best way to hook up a 5.1 Speaker, ASIO, and Xbox to AIO? Is RME>X-FI? Last post on 8/26/12 at 11:57pm in Computer Audio
- I want to start producing trance / DnB / house, where do I start? Last post on 9/7/12 at 4:36am in Computer Audio
- USB soundcard for ~30$ Last post on 8/23/12 at 2:34pm in Computer Audio
So, I did a lot of reading when it came to this purchase, however, no amount of reviewing can objectively explain what you are actually going to hear when you plug them in - so I said 'screw it!'...
MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 – initial impressions Many thanks to @Tony-Hifi from HiFiHeadphones.co.uk for adding me to the UK tour for these earphones – the impressions below are based on the time I...
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
Lilith Audio Player - Page 25
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Well, I deleted the installation folder (in the place where my downloads go to) but noticed it still left a different folder in AppData/ Roaming. Have deleted that too.
BTW, I'm only getting rid of it because I've experienced some driver instabilities and I want to eliminate all possible causes.
Briefly comparing ulilith to my regular Foobar 2000, I found it to be slightly more prominent in the top frequencies, as if leading edges were slightly better defined. I preferred this subtle increase in liveliness over Foobar. Please take that with a grain of salt, however, because comparisons were brief and I have also been playing with a new spdif converter and different drivers.
Edited by BrainFood - 1/29/12 at 3:13am
It's not possible for a program like uLilith to cause any kind of driver instabilities when it isn't running.
I'm sure you are right but I also want to set up MPC, safe in the knowledge that nothing else is interfering with it. Thanks anyway for your concerns.
I was a little behind on the updates. I see there's a new option in the device settings when outputting through WASAPI: Event driven / Timer driven. What's the difference between these two?
Edited by fufula - 3/26/12 at 7:37am
I don't know the difference but I finally got WASAPI to work with the timer driven mode, it hasn't ever worked for me before. Now I can properly compare uLilith to MPC-HC with Reclock.
Edited by s4nder - 3/26/12 at 11:03am
I'd be interested in hearing your opinions when you're done testing.
I'm guessing the timer driven mode is somehow more desirable. Another question for someone knowledgeable enough to answer, how does the latency setting tie into this? Lower = better or is it a little more complex?
After several days of comparison, I've noticed these (slight) differences between uLilith and MPCHC-ReClock-madFLAC:
Reclock: lush, detailed, organic sound. However, soundstage seems to be slightly closed in and diffuse. The sound is intimate and intense, instruments are big and "in your face" with little space in between. This leads me to think ReClock may raise the volume somehow as the effect is similar. There also seems to be less energy in highs, nothing is ever sibilant, even badly recorded songs that should be. It makes the HD800 sound more HD650-ish.
uLilith: soundstage is just amazing, almost holographic. Instruments can be pinpointed. The sound breathes, there is more air and highs are slightly more prominent. Very clean and clear.
I'm still not sure which one I prefer but I'm slowly leaning toward uLilith. It's a more relaxing presentation with a wide open soundstage that just sounds right.
I briefly also listened to XXHighEnd but it's a hassle to get to work and still crashes quite often. It sounded good, more similar to uLilith than ReClock.
Disclaimer: all these impressions may well be placebo, state of mind, tired ears, etc, and are not to be taken as fact.
Edited by s4nder - 4/10/12 at 2:24pm
Did you try jplay? Anyway, uLilith is so convenient to use(native 64fp VST plugins support, "open current folder" in the right-click menu of any audio file) and sounds so good via native ASIO/WASAPI excl. that I really can't be hassled trying anything else. Reclock can't do gapless, so it's a no-go either way. And most audiophool players require CUE/M3U files
Edited by leeperry - 4/10/12 at 3:04pm
uLilith is so convenient to use(native 64fp VST plugins support, "open current folder" in the right-click menu of any audio file) and sounds so good via native ASIO/WASAPI excl. that I really can't be hassled trying anything else. Reclock can't do gapless, so it's a no-go either way. And most audiophool players require CUE/M3U files
+1. You have expressed my thoughts, also.
One minor gripe with uLilith this far: column widths and positions in the playlist don't get saved. I have to manually rearrange them to my liking every time.
Edited by s4nder - 4/11/12 at 2:04pm
- Lilith Audio Player
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Football (Soccer) Fans Gather 8 seconds ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 24 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen |... 3 minutes ago
- › DSD256 Downsampling issues! 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by desperategraves
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...