Still doesn't work, how can I add ffdshow as a plug-in?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Amp and/or sound card for $200 Last post on 9/4/12 at 12:13pm in Computer Audio
- Xonar DGX vs higher end cards Last post on 1/4/15 at 9:27am in Computer Audio
- Best way to hook up a 5.1 Speaker, ASIO, and Xbox to AIO? Is RME>X-FI? Last post on 8/26/12 at 11:57pm in Computer Audio
- I want to start producing trance / DnB / house, where do I start? Last post on 9/7/12 at 4:36am in Computer Audio
- USB soundcard for ~30$ Last post on 8/23/12 at 2:34pm in Computer Audio
Bluedio kindly sent me their 8-driver UFO bluetooth headphones in red for review - and boy I’m glad they did. Packaging Like all of their higher priced bluetooth models, the UFO’s come...
First of all, I would like to thank Charles from Shozy for the review sample of Shozy Zero! Website: http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ I believe what makes Shozy Zero unique is...
So I am fairly new to the audio world. The Monoprice 8323 was my second purchase on starting to get into headphones (after Superlux HD681 EVOs). I have had these headphones for about 6 months...
LEAR LHF-AE1d Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to LEAR for the sample. Brief: All of da pretty and they sound just as good too! Price: HK$1488 or atm £146 or...
The Edifier MP700 Rave Introduction Disclaimer I was given this sample in exchange for my honest opinion and impressions. I would especially like to thank Kathryn for getting in touch for...
Lilith Audio Player - Page 25
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Well, I deleted the installation folder (in the place where my downloads go to) but noticed it still left a different folder in AppData/ Roaming. Have deleted that too.
BTW, I'm only getting rid of it because I've experienced some driver instabilities and I want to eliminate all possible causes.
Briefly comparing ulilith to my regular Foobar 2000, I found it to be slightly more prominent in the top frequencies, as if leading edges were slightly better defined. I preferred this subtle increase in liveliness over Foobar. Please take that with a grain of salt, however, because comparisons were brief and I have also been playing with a new spdif converter and different drivers.
Edited by BrainFood - 1/29/12 at 3:13am
It's not possible for a program like uLilith to cause any kind of driver instabilities when it isn't running.
I'm sure you are right but I also want to set up MPC, safe in the knowledge that nothing else is interfering with it. Thanks anyway for your concerns.
I was a little behind on the updates. I see there's a new option in the device settings when outputting through WASAPI: Event driven / Timer driven. What's the difference between these two?
Edited by fufula - 3/26/12 at 7:37am
I don't know the difference but I finally got WASAPI to work with the timer driven mode, it hasn't ever worked for me before. Now I can properly compare uLilith to MPC-HC with Reclock.
Edited by s4nder - 3/26/12 at 11:03am
I'd be interested in hearing your opinions when you're done testing.
I'm guessing the timer driven mode is somehow more desirable. Another question for someone knowledgeable enough to answer, how does the latency setting tie into this? Lower = better or is it a little more complex?
After several days of comparison, I've noticed these (slight) differences between uLilith and MPCHC-ReClock-madFLAC:
Reclock: lush, detailed, organic sound. However, soundstage seems to be slightly closed in and diffuse. The sound is intimate and intense, instruments are big and "in your face" with little space in between. This leads me to think ReClock may raise the volume somehow as the effect is similar. There also seems to be less energy in highs, nothing is ever sibilant, even badly recorded songs that should be. It makes the HD800 sound more HD650-ish.
uLilith: soundstage is just amazing, almost holographic. Instruments can be pinpointed. The sound breathes, there is more air and highs are slightly more prominent. Very clean and clear.
I'm still not sure which one I prefer but I'm slowly leaning toward uLilith. It's a more relaxing presentation with a wide open soundstage that just sounds right.
I briefly also listened to XXHighEnd but it's a hassle to get to work and still crashes quite often. It sounded good, more similar to uLilith than ReClock.
Disclaimer: all these impressions may well be placebo, state of mind, tired ears, etc, and are not to be taken as fact.
Edited by s4nder - 4/10/12 at 2:24pm
Did you try jplay? Anyway, uLilith is so convenient to use(native 64fp VST plugins support, "open current folder" in the right-click menu of any audio file) and sounds so good via native ASIO/WASAPI excl. that I really can't be hassled trying anything else. Reclock can't do gapless, so it's a no-go either way. And most audiophool players require CUE/M3U files
Edited by leeperry - 4/10/12 at 3:04pm
uLilith is so convenient to use(native 64fp VST plugins support, "open current folder" in the right-click menu of any audio file) and sounds so good via native ASIO/WASAPI excl. that I really can't be hassled trying anything else. Reclock can't do gapless, so it's a no-go either way. And most audiophool players require CUE/M3U files
+1. You have expressed my thoughts, also.
One minor gripe with uLilith this far: column widths and positions in the playlist don't get saved. I have to manually rearrange them to my liking every time.
Edited by s4nder - 4/11/12 at 2:04pm
- Lilith Audio Player
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › FiiO E18: does your smartphone work with it for USB Audio? Tell us... 1 minute ago
- › Amperex EL84 D getter pair plus bonus Gold Lions 2 minutes ago
- › MicroZOTL2 Upgrade Discovery Thread..... 3 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern beyerdynamic AK T8iE Review (First Impressions from IFA... 3 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 5 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 6 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 7 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 7 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Edifier Rave MP700 by dnun8086
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Brooko
- › Edifier P220 In-Ear Chrome Design Headphones With Microphone - Blue by Hisoundfi
- › EasGear Morul U5 Waterproof Wireless Earbuds by James Mash
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by Pastapipo
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...