Still doesn't work, how can I add ffdshow as a plug-in?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Amp and/or sound card for $200 Last post on 9/4/12 at 12:13pm in Computer Audio
- Xonar DGX vs higher end cards Last post on 1/4/15 at 9:27am in Computer Audio
- Best way to hook up a 5.1 Speaker, ASIO, and Xbox to AIO? Is RME>X-FI? Last post on 8/26/12 at 11:57pm in Computer Audio
- I want to start producing trance / DnB / house, where do I start? Last post on 9/7/12 at 4:36am in Computer Audio
- USB soundcard for ~30$ Last post on 8/23/12 at 2:34pm in Computer Audio
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
Hello Head-Fi It's been a while since I've participated here since I more or less found my end game and now I only have the urge to change my music player. Today I'll be writing about the AKG...
Lilith Audio Player - Page 25
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Well, I deleted the installation folder (in the place where my downloads go to) but noticed it still left a different folder in AppData/ Roaming. Have deleted that too.
BTW, I'm only getting rid of it because I've experienced some driver instabilities and I want to eliminate all possible causes.
Briefly comparing ulilith to my regular Foobar 2000, I found it to be slightly more prominent in the top frequencies, as if leading edges were slightly better defined. I preferred this subtle increase in liveliness over Foobar. Please take that with a grain of salt, however, because comparisons were brief and I have also been playing with a new spdif converter and different drivers.
Edited by BrainFood - 1/29/12 at 3:13am
It's not possible for a program like uLilith to cause any kind of driver instabilities when it isn't running.
I'm sure you are right but I also want to set up MPC, safe in the knowledge that nothing else is interfering with it. Thanks anyway for your concerns.
I was a little behind on the updates. I see there's a new option in the device settings when outputting through WASAPI: Event driven / Timer driven. What's the difference between these two?
Edited by fufula - 3/26/12 at 7:37am
I don't know the difference but I finally got WASAPI to work with the timer driven mode, it hasn't ever worked for me before. Now I can properly compare uLilith to MPC-HC with Reclock.
Edited by s4nder - 3/26/12 at 11:03am
I'd be interested in hearing your opinions when you're done testing.
I'm guessing the timer driven mode is somehow more desirable. Another question for someone knowledgeable enough to answer, how does the latency setting tie into this? Lower = better or is it a little more complex?
After several days of comparison, I've noticed these (slight) differences between uLilith and MPCHC-ReClock-madFLAC:
Reclock: lush, detailed, organic sound. However, soundstage seems to be slightly closed in and diffuse. The sound is intimate and intense, instruments are big and "in your face" with little space in between. This leads me to think ReClock may raise the volume somehow as the effect is similar. There also seems to be less energy in highs, nothing is ever sibilant, even badly recorded songs that should be. It makes the HD800 sound more HD650-ish.
uLilith: soundstage is just amazing, almost holographic. Instruments can be pinpointed. The sound breathes, there is more air and highs are slightly more prominent. Very clean and clear.
I'm still not sure which one I prefer but I'm slowly leaning toward uLilith. It's a more relaxing presentation with a wide open soundstage that just sounds right.
I briefly also listened to XXHighEnd but it's a hassle to get to work and still crashes quite often. It sounded good, more similar to uLilith than ReClock.
Disclaimer: all these impressions may well be placebo, state of mind, tired ears, etc, and are not to be taken as fact.
Edited by s4nder - 4/10/12 at 2:24pm
Did you try jplay? Anyway, uLilith is so convenient to use(native 64fp VST plugins support, "open current folder" in the right-click menu of any audio file) and sounds so good via native ASIO/WASAPI excl. that I really can't be hassled trying anything else. Reclock can't do gapless, so it's a no-go either way. And most audiophool players require CUE/M3U files
Edited by leeperry - 4/10/12 at 3:04pm
uLilith is so convenient to use(native 64fp VST plugins support, "open current folder" in the right-click menu of any audio file) and sounds so good via native ASIO/WASAPI excl. that I really can't be hassled trying anything else. Reclock can't do gapless, so it's a no-go either way. And most audiophool players require CUE/M3U files
+1. You have expressed my thoughts, also.
One minor gripe with uLilith this far: column widths and positions in the playlist don't get saved. I have to manually rearrange them to my liking every time.
Edited by s4nder - 4/11/12 at 2:04pm
- Lilith Audio Player
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 17 seconds ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . . . . dap FW... 27 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 48 seconds ago
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio E17k Alpen 2 Announced (23/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Best Live Album? 3 minutes ago
- › Reversible AKG K701 bass mod 3 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3