or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wireless Adapter for SA6 - Page 15

post #211 of 254
Man, I hear the white noise when it is plugged into nothing but not any buzzing. Maybe my ears arent so good lol. Sorry to hear your unhappy with it though.
post #212 of 254
Hmmm....
I'm thinking about getting the wireless bundle, but the negative reviews scare me.
Any more positive reviews? : )
post #213 of 254
I've been reading all the concerns about skipping, and I've solved the problem.
I carry my ipod with the Sleek transmitter attached in a leather shoulder bag when I'm on the move and that's eliminated the skipping almost completely.

I discovered the solution by accident but it works. The problem, as several posters have noted, is interaction of the signal with the body, which makes pants pockets a terrible place to park your rig.

Occasionally there's a syncing problem with the transmitter and receiver that will also result in annoying skipping. The solution? Power down the transmitter and start it back up for a re-sync. Takes only a few seconds and always fixes the problem.
post #214 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by hear_the_sound View Post
Hmmm....
I'm thinking about getting the wireless bundle, but the negative reviews scare me.
Any more positive reviews? : )
I think I was one of the first to have the wireless bundle and I could not be more happy. Frankly, I'm miffed about the criticism.

As indicated on several of my other posts I use it with both my UE10s and Sleek in-ear head sets and owing to the sound quality and convenience, I've given up wires permanently. I'm on airplanes 6-8 times a week on average, and I'm using the Sleek wireless bundle all the time when I travel.

Take the plunge -- you won't regret it.
post #215 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsci View Post
I've been reading all the concerns about skipping, and I've solved the problem.
I carry my ipod with the Sleek transmitter attached in a leather shoulder bag when I'm on the move and that's eliminated the skipping almost completely.

I discovered the solution by accident but it works. The problem, as several posters have noted, is interaction of the signal with the body, which makes pants pockets a terrible place to park your rig.

Occasionally there's a syncing problem with the transmitter and receiver that will also result in annoying skipping. The solution? Power down the transmitter and start it back up for a re-sync. Takes only a few seconds and always fixes the problem.
I was one of the first advocates of Sleek in the past, and I still do, but for the IEMs alone. Sorry but I have not seen any improvement on the comments and opinions other members have posted about this wireless feature, and as a result, unless things change dramatically in our favor, I do not see myself getting it neither.

IMO to work around a problem is in no way a help to the cause, the solution is not to find a way of working around the problems, rather than contact them, with our concerns, and have them fix the problems...If you keep on working around them, they will have no reason to fix what is not working properly in that system...I do not say that is their fault, as maybe it was not even designed by them, just under their specs by a third party, but they should try and IMO eventually fix it, and offer a product with no problems at all...Just my two cents...

Honestly if you are not moving around, and if you are seated in a plain, I see no reason to use a wireless that on top have problems, a cable will be a lot more practical, I use to fly as well and I never had any problems with any cable...
post #216 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovkiller View Post
I was one of the first advocates of Sleek in the past, and I still do, but for the IEMs alone. Sorry but I have not seen any improvement on the comments and opinions other members have posted about this wireless feature, and as a result, unless things change dramatically in our favor, I do not see myself getting it neither.

IMO to work around a problem is in no way a help to the cause, the solution is not to find a way of working around the problems, rather than contact them, with our concerns, and have them fix the problems...If you keep on working around them, they will have no reason to fix what is not working properly in that system...I do not say that is their fault, as maybe it was not even designed by them, just under thier specs by a third party, but they should try and IMO eventually fix it, and offer a product with no problems at all...Just my two cents...

Honestly if you are not moving around, and if you are seated in a plain, I see no reason to use a wireless that on top have problems, a cable will be a lot more practical, I use to fly as well and I never had any probems with any cable...
To each his own.

I move around a lot, on planes, at work outs in the gym, in my office and I was always getting tangled in wires (e.g. try putting on your suit jacket and topcoat while wired up). So Sleek wireless has made my life a lot less complicated, and without any compromises in the quality of the sound of the music I listen to. I have no problems whatsoever with Sleek wireless -- it's the solution I had long hoped for.

But for people who are not always on the go -- who can sit in one place for a long time listening to the music they love, I agree that wireless is useless. I'm not one of those people.
post #217 of 254
looking at the review of the sennheiser-wireless-mx-w1
the sleek W1 issue with body absorption of the signal and "where to place the base to prevent it" seems share and inherent to the Kleer technology (same goes with wifi as far as I understood: but very few people shove there USB wifi stick in there pants )
post #218 of 254
Wires getting tangled and pulled is quite a hassle when moving!
I would only buy IEMs for listening to music on the go - for at home use, I have to say, full sized headphones just sound better.

Will wait for more positive reviews ; )
post #219 of 254
Just got the W-1 yesterday (birthday gift from my fiance!) and I am quite impressed. Sounds great, love the extra "thump" in the bass even though I don't consider myself a basshead. I can hear a tiny bit of noise between tracks but not enough to bother me, it's hardly noticeable. Good range, I was able to walk down the hall and into the living room before they started skipping.

Just one question...how are these meant to be worn? I know the receiver rests around the back of the neck or base of the skull but cables down or up over the ears? I think over the ears is more comfortable for me, still experimenting. Did you guys have to adjust the cable shorter?
post #220 of 254
When Im at work I have a collared shirt on so I adjust the wires as short as possible and go over ear. If Im anywhere else I usually have a hat on and just tuck it up under the hat and the wires go straight up into that.
post #221 of 254
I just ordered the W-1 and some foam tips from SoundEarphones for an early Christmas present . I've been using my SA6's daily and been getting tired of the wires getting tangled and pulled. I hope the wait will be worth it and really hope the tiny bit of noise that some of you have told about won't bother me a bit. Will try to be more active here and will tell you what i think of the W-1.
post #222 of 254
Thread Starter 
I preder deaaling woth the ness of woires over the obnoxiosb noisewoth thw W-1.
post #223 of 254
drunk post?
post #224 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post
I preder deaaling woth the ness of woires over the obnoxiosb noisewoth thw W-1.
Translation: I prefer dealing with the nest of wires over the obnoxious noise with the W-1.



I just got my customs along with the W-1 the other day - the hiss is extremely quiet so I will gladly not care with sound this good. The added Bass it gives is also worth that quiet hiss you'll NEVER hear during a song (at least I haven't yet).
post #225 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by _PsiFire_ View Post
Translation: I prefer dealing with the nest of wires over the obnoxious noise with the W-1.



I just got my customs along with the W-1 the other day - the hiss is extremely quiet so I will gladly not care with sound this good. The added Bass it gives is also worth that quiet hiss you'll NEVER hear during a song (at least I haven't yet).
Guys the noise floor of any device, is NEVER heard while the music is palying, not even from the WORST boombox...Please being apologist will not solve that problem, I'm anxiously waiting till they fix that problem to jump on the new version...Sorry but that noise should not be there, and should be addressed by them, and removed, and I'm pretty sure they can do it, and eventually they will do it, of course if they decided to do it...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home