or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Wireless Adapter for SA6 - Page 9

post #121 of 254
Being that I work for Sleek Audio my impressions are not going to be "the most objective." So I would rather have the customers give their opinions. That being said though... I really think a lot of people will be impressed with the little bit of heat we put into the W-1 with the bass. My personal experience with them has been about 50 hours give or take 10 and I have not had any issues as of yet. When I workout with them, they stay in place and keep the sweat off my Zen. At work I have no issues with interferrence.
The package does include an extension that will allow you to fold the transmitter back if you do not want it plugged directly into the source. So no need to look for extension Hopefully thats a start for you guys. Let me know if I can answer any other questions.
post #122 of 254
The bass boost has got me especially keen on picking one of these up now! Sounds a well thought out and implemented product/acessory!
post #123 of 254
Oh right -- forgot that part about you being a Sleek employee. Thanks for answering, though. Out of curiosity, do you find you can wear the cables straight down during your workouts, or are you bound to over-the-ear use? Not being able to wear them straight down might be a dealbreaker for me, since the SA6s protrude from my ears a little further than most, and I just can't do over-the-ear so well with them. In straight-down configuration, though, I have to use a shirt clip on the cable to keep gravity from pulling the earphones too much...which leaves me concerned about the weight of the receiver module.

Also, for what it's worth, I completely disagree with the "epic fail" assessment...Since I like to keep my portable rig as compact and unencumbered as possible (that means IEMs, a DAP, and no amp), I appreciate not having to run an additional length of cable between the transmitter and my player. But you can't please everyone, I suppose...
post #124 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack77 View Post
Being that I work for Sleek Audio my impressions are not going to be "the most objective." So I would rather have the customers give their opinions. That being said though... I really think a lot of people will be impressed with the little bit of heat we put into the W-1 with the bass. My personal experience with them has been about 50 hours give or take 10 and I have not had any issues as of yet. When I workout with them, they stay in place and keep the sweat off my Zen. At work I have no issues with interferrence.
The package does include an extension that will allow you to fold the transmitter back if you do not want it plugged directly into the source. So no need to look for extension Hopefully thats a start for you guys. Let me know if I can answer any other questions.
Nice. If another well known company does not come out with their much awaited three-driver earphones by Christmas, I'm getting myself a pair of Sleeks.
post #125 of 254
lol zep that was my plan, but wireless was too enticing!
post #126 of 254
Sorry, for my ignorance, but what is the battery life of the transmitter and the receiver?
post #127 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict View Post
Sorry, for my ignorance, but what is the battery life of the transmitter and the receiver?
According to The box: Up to 10 hours of independent battery life
post #128 of 254
What does recharging the receiver and transmitter batteries involve? I assume there's some sort of wall adapter included in the package, no?
post #129 of 254
This sounds interesting. Slap the ear-processor from tension labs between the transmitter and your choice of DAP and it becomes ultra sweet.

Only 2 things i am still wondering:
1) range? If it is enough, it would beat the [censored] out of the standard sennheiser ew 300 IEM G2 solution, if, that is, the range is adequate enough.
Edit: thu, read the f&* website: "60 feet of freedom". mmh 18 mtr sound enough in my ears. But will it be without interruptions that far out?
2) Reading a lot about digital RF signals and your health (e.g. cellphones), what can i expect from the transmitter radiation wise?
post #130 of 254
Crappppppppppppppppppppppppp. I totally forgot to find out if the charger will work in my country where our mains is 220 and not 110.
post #131 of 254
same here vulpix!
post #132 of 254
The range is rated 60'. I found that it worked approximately +100' (probably 120') open space in 1 run with little interruption. Again that was only 1 run and I just wanted to see how far I could go, nothing "scientific".
The unit charges through a single USB with a split that charges both units at the same time in about 1 hour.
I wear them over the ear working out but when I use the treadmill I attach the receiver to the back of my hat and wear them down and found no problems with SA6s coming loose.
post #133 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack77 View Post
The range is rated 60'. I found that it worked approximately +100' (probably 120') open space in 1 run with little interruption. Again that was only 1 run and I just wanted to see how far I could go, nothing "scientific".
The unit charges through a single USB with a split that charges both units at the same time in about 1 hour.
I wear them over the ear working out but when I use the treadmill I attach the receiver to the back of my hat and wear them down and found no problems with SA6s coming loose.
Thanks for the responses, Mack77! I may have to give these a go at some point (if/when my finances can accommodate it). Can't wait for more impressions to start rolling in...
post #134 of 254
Thread Starter 
Mini USB for charging? If it uses the 500mAh 5V spec, then any USB port on a computer will work as a charger, and a Motorola RAZR charger will work as well.
post #135 of 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwood View Post
If it uses the 500mAh 5V spec...
I can't imagine it would use anything else, or the USB interface would be pointless.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home