I loved the Mighty 596 for a rectifier. I did have to order an adapter from 2359Glenn to use it though. Great low end slam.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Decware Appreciation Thread (MT review up on first page 2-10-12) Last post on 7/7/14 at 9:11pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Taboo Last post on 3/10/13 at 6:16am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- anyone compared the decwarwe zen csp2+ to the bottlehead crack Last post on 11/25/12 at 2:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- CSP2+/ASL OTL 32/WA2 Decisions Decisions Last post on 8/20/10 at 3:06pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Zen Mini Torii SE Amp by Decware Last post on 10/13/11 at 7:11pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
- Headphone Impedance
REVIEW: Decware Select Zen CSP2 Tube Headphone Amp - Page 43
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
omg, thats beautiful, really curious to know how much it cost you for one 596 @__@
You have to keep a sharp eye out on eBay or the for sale forums. They vary from $75 to $200 depending on the moment. I got mine for much less. All of a sudden they went up in price almost overnight. Crazy. The RK60 is another cool choice that is similar in sound characteristics and can be had for less money. You will need another adapter for that one as it does not use the 596 adapter.
I cannot answer that one. I used Golden Lion 6922's in place of the 6N1P's for the L/R and left the 6N1P in place up front as suggested by Steve. Loved the sound!
i tried those with tesla pc188 and got scary arcing -.- then tried with various ecc88/6922 but the nosie was way too high so i think the 6n1p is the best solution for those positions
only bought a pair of 6n1p-ev vodsok rocket logo, compared to the stock 6n1p pair could not really tell the difference, maybe a bit more lively and energetic feeling. But i prefer it over the stock tubes for brighter glow, definitely more aesthetical pleasure ^__^
Yes, PCC88s can be subbed into amps which can run 6DJ8 tubes.
The PCC88s ( 7DJ8) are sonically similar to the 6DJ8.
Joe's Tube lore can provide useful insights on the 6DJ8 family
The Stock Russian tubes ( 6N1P) are very warm, relatively.
They are not as sonically transparent when compared against European tubes.
- REVIEW: Decware Select Zen CSP2 Tube Headphone Amp
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 3 seconds ago
- › k1000 owners club 14 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 36 seconds ago
- › Audio-gd USB-32 Firmware, Drivers, and Feedback Thread 42 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Best UIEM to run with 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)