Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Available - RSA "The Black Bird" SR-71A, Redesigned, Resized AMP images page 1,28, 33, 34, 39 . Mini review: 40, 41, 45 .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Available - RSA "The Black Bird" SR-71A, Redesigned, Resized AMP images page 1,28, 33, 34, 39 .... - Page 45

post #661 of 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamato8 View Post
Well I just noticed the 71a appears to be available again on a limited basis.
Yes. Ray says pay today and it ships tomorrow. I can't imagine the current supply lasting long but as he states, 300 more in 2 weeks.
post #662 of 674

Ordered SR-71A today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatDane View Post
Yes. Ray says pay today and it ships tomorrow. I can't imagine the current supply lasting long but as he states, 300 more in 2 weeks.
Just ordered the SR-71A Total of $477.92 [$450 + $14 3-day ship + 3% PayPal]

...to use with HD650's
post #663 of 674
Just got mine this week in black. Ray said the gray color is sold out. I am using it with my UE-11s, UE-7s and Triple-Fi.
post #664 of 674
Thread Starter 
Let us know what you think. I find it very neutral and open sounding.
post #665 of 674

Just got the amp last week - this is a breathtaking amp - very open as you say and completely natural sounding - I have never heard anything like it before...this amp will change my life...

post #666 of 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syan25 View Post

...this amp will change my life...


If only $450 had this sort of impact with every bill we paid  :)
 

post #667 of 674

 ... if only every bill we paid were for something comparable to the SR-71A ... (sigh - O' wouldn't it be loverly)

post #668 of 674

sbulack, what is your opinion of the Caliente - its still on my shortlist for the day I finally upgrade from my D4 :)

post #669 of 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by estreeter View Post

sbulack, what is your opinion of the Caliente - its still on my shortlist for the day I finally upgrade from my D4 :)

My opinion of the Caliente can be found in the main thread about the Purity Audio KICAS amps.  Neither my opinion, nor my daily use of the Caliente has changed since I wrote that opinion in that thread.  In this thread, I'll say that I still use the SR-71A that I purchased back in 2008 every day, and I enjoy the sound that I get through it immensely.
 

post #670 of 674

Here here --- this is the best portable amp I have ever heard...and I have heard a lot...

post #671 of 674

Hey all! Just purchased a SR-71A. Provided I love it, what are you recommending regarding rechargeable batteries? Is it possible to get some that are too powerful compared to non-rechargeable 9v batteries? The *mah varies from battery to battery, from like 250 to 550. Thanks! 

post #672 of 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post

Hey all! Just purchased a SR-71A. Provided I love it, what are you recommending regarding rechargeable batteries? Is it possible to get some that are too powerful compared to non-rechargeable 9v batteries? The *mah varies from battery to battery, from like 250 to 550. Thanks! 

Think of the "mah" as additional battery output life.  As long as it is 9v format you are good to go....except I recall that lithium batteries are not recommended.

post #673 of 674
Hi guys. I just bought this amps 71a. But not yet received it. Just wondering how is the sound compared to 71b in single ended output? Though at first i was leaning more to 71b coz it has rechargeable battere but then ended buying 71a. Reason i decided to choose 71a because all my cans and iems none of them using balance connector. And headfonia says in single ended the sound from 71a is better. But with balance output..71b is better. Has anyone ever done comparison like AB-ing both amps using single ended output? Just hoping i did not make a wrong buy smily_headphones1.gif
post #674 of 674
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzic4life View Post

Hi guys. I just bought this amps 71a. But not yet received it. Just wondering how is the sound compared to 71b in single ended output? Though at first i was leaning more to 71b coz it has rechargeable battere but then ended buying 71a. Reason i decided to choose 71a because all my cans and iems none of them using balance connector. And headfonia says in single ended the sound from 71a is better. But with balance output..71b is better. Has anyone ever done comparison like AB-ing both amps using single ended output? Just hoping i did not make a wrong buy smily_headphones1.gif

I've owned both.  The SR71A wins hands down in a single ended comparison.  If you go balanced with the SR71B it wins by enough to be noticeable.   

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphone Amps › Available - RSA "The Black Bird" SR-71A, Redesigned, Resized AMP images page 1,28, 33, 34, 39 . Mini review: 40, 41, 45 .