or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Next Sony R-10!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Next Sony R-10!

post #1 of 155
Thread Starter 
O.K. I had to suck you all into this thread somehow. I am very new to this website and new to audiophile headphones in general. However, I have been reading so much about every headphone out there. I am obsessed with it now. Even over this short time it seems clear to me that there hasn't been a dynamic headphone as great as the R-10! The King of Headphones! I just look at those things and even I drool not knowing anything about the R-10's. Isn't there any way we can all get together and pressure these manufacturers to make a real reference headphone for the 21st century? Spare no expense, cost no object. What happened to the pursuit of excellence, fit, finish, and quality? How many of us are on this website? Why not send petitions to these companies?
post #2 of 155
chances are only 2 or 3 people would actually buy them even on this site :P

ok maybe not 2 or 3, but you get the idea.
post #3 of 155
Where is the pride. It is all about money nowadays...

I guess putting a lot of effort and money into such a niche product is not really the big companies first priority. There are too few of us.

Just like hardcore flightsims. Oh, I wish there could be made a upgraded version of Falcon 4.0 which has the goodies of todays standard
post #4 of 155
Thread Starter 
I think we should keep the faith and band together as a headphone community. There has to be something more out there. The best can't already be past us.
post #5 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caution View Post
chances are only 2 or 3 people would actually buy them even on this site :P

ok maybe not 2 or 3, but you get the idea.
I think if Sony was to make a special run of R10s they would sell pretty much as many as they made. Just like when Senn. re-released the HE90 a few years back. Even at $5K they were bought up on preorder, Very Fast.
post #6 of 155
Yes.
post #7 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom hankins View Post
I think if Sony was to make a special run of R10s they would sell pretty much as many as they made. Just like when Senn. re-released the HE90 a few years back. Even at $5K they were bought up on preorder, Very Fast.
I stand corrected!
post #8 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidhunternyc View Post
Isn't there any way we can all get together and pressure these manufacturers to make a real reference headphone for the 21st century? Spare no expense, cost no object. What happened to the pursuit of excellence, fit, finish, and quality? How many of us are on this website? Why not send petitions to these companies?
One word:

"iBUDS"
post #9 of 155
man if they re-released R10s i'd sell everything I could in my room to get one lol. I mean who needs a bed and stuff, floor is fine
post #10 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey20 View Post
man if they re-released R10s i'd sell everything I could in my room to get one lol. I mean who needs a bed and stuff, floor is fine
+1
Who needs a room? I'd rent out my room and sleep in the driveway if the manufacturers release their signature products again. I'd sell my soul to buy an L3000 in a flash!
post #11 of 155
Not just the Sonys, either. Considering the jump in prices for the HP-1000 and PS-1, Mr. Grado should consider another run.
post #12 of 155
Its a shame really!
Most of the well known vendors used to build "state-of-the-art" headphones. But for some reason (mostly because they strive for revenue I guess) dropped out some years back...

Some examples:
* Sennheiser -> HE90 and HE60
* Audio-Technica -> L3000
* Sony -> MDR-R10 and Qualia 010
* Beyerdynamics -> ET1000
* Grado -> HP1000 and PS1
* AKG -> K1000

Stax keep on though, and clearly see a market for their 'phones. Hopefully some of the other vendors join in again some day. We can always hope!
post #13 of 155
heheh.. I think Sony is busy fighting off Samsung..

BUT!! The R10 and the Qualia is indeed the preetiest headphones.
post #14 of 155
Thread Starter 
O.K. I am going to write a letter to the CEO of Sony asking him to do another limited run of the R-10's. I'm not kidding. Like I said before, its strange being on the forum, thinking that the best is already "behind" us. Unfortunately, I do not have the know-how to draft an online petition that I could forward to all the manufacturers. Hmmm. Let me think about it. I will try. Give me a little time. There is power in numbers.
post #15 of 155
If you have a got a draft written out, post it here together with the email we need to send to. We all need to email them in huge numbers if we want them to take notice.

No harm in trying...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › The Next Sony R-10!