Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] 18 IEM reviewed and compared!!! (Final update NOV 2, 08)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[REVIEW] 18 IEM reviewed and compared!!! (Final update NOV 2, 08) - Page 6

post #76 of 335
Ah,thanks for clearing that up-I think the small angled eartip is part of the 13.5mm driver.
post #77 of 335
In Australia, the EX700's are almost $700-really expensive compared to Japan and America.
post #78 of 335

Sony EX700 can be modded

Hi Ducan,
Do you know if Sony EX700 can be modded to increase the bass? Like
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/son...thread-193464/

There is a small hole on the top of each earphone that seems to be an air bass port. I belive if you put a tape over it, the bass will increase a lot, especially the sub-bass!!!
I wish if someone could do this and tell me if it works, because I want to buy it if it gains some great sub-bass like EX-85 modded!!!
post #79 of 335
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunoampm View Post
There is a small hole on the top of each earphone that seems to be an air bass port. I belive if you put a tape over it, the bass will increase a lot, especially the sub-bass!!!
I wish if someone could do this and tell me if it works, because I want to buy it if it gains some great sub-bass like EX-85 modded!!!
Cover the hole doesn't change anything. EX700 already has more than enough bass and I don't think there is a need to increase it.
post #80 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
Cover the hole doesn't change anything. EX700 already has more than enough bass and I don't think there is a need to increase it.
I would be inclined to agree with ClieOS...

If you really need more slam or whatever, it would be best to run them amped (I am, as mentioned in my previous post using the BAM-P1 amp, and it adds quite a lot of depth to the bottom end)
post #81 of 335
Thread Starter 
Maybe you can try the $8.50 FiiO amp mentioned in the potable amp forum. It is said that it adds a lot of bass into the music, plus it is cheap enough not to do any financial damage.
post #82 of 335
wow, was so shocked that tf10.pro build quality worths 5 stars.
post #83 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdhfdy View Post
wow, was so shocked that tf10.pro build quality worths 5 stars.
Wonder why? The build quality is comparable to every other mid to high-end IEM I've looked at. There have been some few issues over people pulling out the cable connector, stem breaking with rough use (sitting on them, keeping them in a pocket &, in my case, forcing a stuck Shure foamie off) but nothing that leads me to think these are poorly made. In fact, I'd rate having the facility of a replaceable cable as a big plus factor in IEMs.
post #84 of 335
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by steviebee View Post
Wonder why? The build quality is comparable to every other mid to high-end IEM I've looked at. There have been some few issues over people pulling out the cable connector, stem breaking with rough use (sitting on them, keeping them in a pocket &, in my case, forcing a stuck Shure foamie off) but nothing that leads me to think these are poorly made. In fact, I'd rate having the facility of a replaceable cable as a big plus factor in IEMs.
Indeed.

Give me the name of any well discussed IEM here at Head-fi and I can probably list three issues associated with it. Remember, the 5 stars is awarded in comparison to others in the review. It doesn't mean there is perfection here, or anywhere.
post #85 of 335
Thread Starter 
Now included SE530 plus some other minor update. Link to in-depth review included (if available) in the end of each model.
post #86 of 335
thanks for the review on the SE530, it`s much appreciated by me
post #87 of 335
Wonderful review, and way overdue. Thank you. Could you also add the UM2's if possible?
post #88 of 335
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilency View Post
Could you also add the UM2's if possible?
It will be added, in time (hopefully). I am currently in recovery from the big hit I took from SE530. Time to settle back and enjoy the music, I guess
post #89 of 335
great worrk and nice reivew
post #90 of 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClieOS View Post
It will be added, in time (hopefully). I am currently in recovery from the big hit I took from SE530. Time to settle back and enjoy the music, I guess
You mean you own all the reviewed IEM's? Luckyyyyyyy!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › [REVIEW] 18 IEM reviewed and compared!!! (Final update NOV 2, 08)