New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do you believe in cables?

post #1 of 108
Thread Starter 
Believe as in, that they make a difference.

Just a quick and dirty poll; no explainations required. Select whichever one you do and do not believe in.
post #2 of 108
I believe in interconnects. They get the music from my source to my amp.
post #3 of 108
I believe cables are different from one to another (edit: to a much much lesser extent than amps, transducers and sources are different to their peers).

I do not believe in expensive ($100-200+) cables.
post #4 of 108
I believe in God, the rest have to be proved...for now BJC and Quail, do it for me...
post #5 of 108
Seriously. The horse is not getting any deader.
post #6 of 108
I believe in ICs and headphone/speaker cables. Not power cables, since the electric utility's cabling is decades old and is simple as can be. Extra 3 feet isn't gonna change much, except in the case of an undersized AWG mains cable.
post #7 of 108
Eh. I put a Cardas cable on my HD-600 for the hell of it. Haven't noticed a sonic difference yet.

I think the build quality is really nice, though.
post #8 of 108
I think any properly shielded cable should sound the same. I guess you can put a resistor or something in there and change the sound that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnGnome View Post
Seriously. The horse is not getting any deader.
What are you talking about?
post #9 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyMe View Post
I think any properly shielded cable should sound the same. I guess you can put a resistor or something in there and change the sound that way.

What are you talking about?
I believe the reference is to the futile nature of beating a dead horse in an effort to try and convince it to do something you want it to do. The subject of power cables and interconnects has been debated endlessly on these forums with no definitive answer to the ago old question "Do they make a difference?"
post #10 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastchef View Post
I believe the reference is to the futile nature of beating a dead horse in an effort to try and convince it to do something you want it to do. The subject of power cables and interconnects has been debated endlessly on these forums with no definitive answer to the ago old question "Do they make a difference?"
This isn't a debate thread, it's a survey.
post #11 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyMe View Post
This isn't a debate thread, it's a survey.
Regardless of the intent of this thread, asking someone their opinion logically may lead to debate; often heated debate.
post #12 of 108
i used to not believe in power cables, but then i realized couldn't turn my equipment on. I got suckered into using one.
post #13 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastchef View Post
Regardless of the intent of this thread, asking someone their opinion logically may lead to debate; often heated debate.
I understand what you're saying. I think if people stick to discussing their personal experiences and beliefs this thread can progress without getting ugly.
post #14 of 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyMe View Post
This isn't a debate thread, it's a survey.
It's a survey with a discussion thread attached to it. The inevitable will happen!
post #15 of 108
I believe in cables. I have even seen a few with my own eyes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav: