New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bicycle-Fi! - Page 244

post #3646 of 3659
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post

One of my partners in crime at Noble actually designs custom Titanuim frames. (Rico Suave is his name). I'll get some pictures. ūüėÉ
Yes please!
post #3647 of 3659
Wow, that's gorgeous scenery.

What was your bike lineage? Did you stick with hardtails or was it full suspension from the start?

@indieman I read Evil The Following is getting great reviews. I would have ponied up the cash to buy but I feel like just going for a haibike if I went that high on my purchase. Plus, my current job situation wouldn't help.
post #3648 of 3659
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post

@indieman I read Evil The Following is getting great reviews. I would have ponied up the cash to buy but I feel like just going for a haibike if I went that high on my purchase. Plus, my current job situation wouldn't help.
I stopped watching after the $4,500 price tag dropped :/
Probably won't be getting something that nice for a long time!
Edited by indieman - 5/5/15 at 4:28pm
post #3649 of 3659
Haha just a touch too expensive hu XD

I remember the first time I went to a bike specific shop, gave me a good shock. I looked at the prices and then proceeded to leave for Walmart thinking "I got a bike from here when I was small, it'll work out". After it started falling apart we parted ways. Now I just purchased a Airborne Goblin Evo and will try again at a higher investment cost lol.
post #3650 of 3659
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post

Wow, that's gorgeous scenery.

What was your bike lineage? Did you stick with hardtails or was it full suspension from the start?
 

 

While in Taiwan I had

 

1) Gary Fisher (death by Taxi) 

2) Fuji or Mongoose

 

    Hard to say what it was.  I had a connection with the largest distributor in Taiwan for bikes.  Any ways, after being ran over by the taxi I needed a new frame and rims.  He handed me over a Fuji frame, I said I didn't like Fuji....   so he pulled the sticker off, and slapped a Mongoose sticker on the frame and said.... "They are all the same."     :confused:

 

3) KHS (loved that one) (Death by car, broke the frame on impact)

 

4) Giant (death by age, just old tech)

 

 

All the above, Hard Tail & owned while in Taiwan

 

 

 

The below owned int he USA

 

 

5) K2 Full Suspension, carbon fiber swing arm   (sold it)

 

 

Road bike

 

1) Cannondale (gave that to my dad when I left the states, I think he sold it)

 

 

and the latest bike

 

 

"Noble" built by Rico Suave

 

Dr. John Moulton

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #3651 of 3659
He handed me over a Fuji frame, I said I didn't like Fuji.... so he pulled the sticker off, and slapped a Mongoose sticker on the frame and said.... "They are all the same." confused.gif
XD that's funny as hell

Nice whip smily_headphones1.gif
I remember when I went to Texas a while back I used a skateboard to commute to my two jobs and home. I'm not a skater, much pain was endured....

How did you come out of those bike accidents?
post #3652 of 3659
Quote:
Originally Posted by indieman View Post

I stopped watching after the $4,500 price tag dropped :/
Probably won't be getting something that nice for a long time!

Pretty sweet ride! Carbon is cool. Honestly that's not over the top for a bike nowadays, unfortunately

I hope to get on my trail bike this year a bit more, she only saw dirt a couple times last year frown.gif


Edited by ferday - 5/5/15 at 7:49pm
post #3653 of 3659
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post

He handed me over a Fuji frame, I said I didn't like Fuji.... so he pulled the sticker off, and slapped a Mongoose sticker on the frame and said.... "They are all the same." confused.gif
XD that's funny as hell

Nice whip smily_headphones1.gif
I remember when I went to Texas a while back I used a skateboard to commute to my two jobs and home. I'm not a skater, much pain was endured....

How did you come out of those bike accidents?

 

Worse injury that I had was a broken collar bone.  I was going at a pretty good clip, I and 3 others, down a dark road in Taiwan.  I saw a dark area in the road comming up, I didn't really focus on it, just thought it was a man hole cover.....   turned out to be a hole cut into the road by a construction crew....   they didn't bother to put up any markers etc etc.

 

I hit the hole doing around 16-18 mph....   ripped the forks off the bike, I flew through the air with the handle bars in my hands..... pulling the bike along with me via the brake cables and such. 

 

 

While gathering myself, a moped slammed into the same hole....   it was a mess.

 

 

Any how, fortunatley I had a helmet on in every wreck that I had that destroyed my bikes and I was able to walk away from every one of them.


Edited by FullCircle - 5/5/15 at 8:10pm

Dr. John Moulton

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #3654 of 3659
@ferday lol yeah I think they mentioned it wasn't a bad price considering.... XD

Are you running a 1X10 set up? I can't tell by the picture. I'm looking at going with one myself using a RF N/W chainring.

@FullCircle Did your bike have headlights? That moped surely did right? I'm currently working on starting a projector based LED headlight project on my mountain bike. Hopefully no major accidents ensue :3
post #3655 of 3659
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post

@ferday lol yeah I think they mentioned it wasn't a bad price considering.... XD

Are you running a 1X10 set up? I can't tell by the picture. I'm looking at going with one myself using a RF N/W chainring.

@FullCircle Did your bike have headlights? That moped surely did right? I'm currently working on starting a projector based LED headlight project on my mountain bike. Hopefully no major accidents ensue :3

 

 

No lights, this was a little over 20 years ago...  I was much younger, a helmet was considered the ultimate in saftey, it was our equivalent to a 4 point seat belt,  we didn't think about lights back then..... 

 

I now have a cateye Volt 700 on the bars, rear blinks on the seat post and a Fenix HL 55

 

 

The moped had lights....   the hole was a perfectly cut rectangle, looked about the size of a sewer grate....  the fella on the scooter may have seen it as well figured it was a sewer grate, and focussed on bicylce carnage.

 

 

 

I'm lit up like a christmas tree, but Id rather do that than be ran over.


Edited by FullCircle - 5/5/15 at 11:28pm

Dr. John Moulton

Here at Noble, we craft some of the finest universal and custom in-ear monitors available today. 

Reply
post #3656 of 3659
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullCircle View Post
 

 

 

No lights, this was a little over 20 years ago...  I was much younger, a helmet was considered the ultimate in saftey, it was our equivalent to a 4 point seat belt,  we didn't think about lights back then..... 

 

I now have a cateye Volt 700 on the bars, rear blinks on the seat post and a Fenix HL 55

 

 

The moped had lights....   the hole was a perfectly cut rectangle, looked about the size of a sewer grate....  the fella on the scooter may have seen it as well figured it was a sewer grate, and focussed on bicylce carnage.

 

 

 

I'm lit up like a christmas tree, but Id rather do that than be ran over.

Makes little difference. I got t boned by a 100 year old lady who blew through an intersection at full speed. Could not have been better lighting.

post #3657 of 3659
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post

Haha just a touch too expensive hu XD

I remember the first time I went to a bike specific shop, gave me a good shock. I looked at the prices and then proceeded to leave for Walmart thinking "I got a bike from here when I was small, it'll work out". After it started falling apart we parted ways. Now I just purchased a Airborne Goblin Evo and will try again at a higher investment cost lol.
Nice hardtail!
post #3658 of 3659
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post

@ferday lol yeah I think they mentioned it wasn't a bad price considering.... XD

Are you running a 1X10 set up? I can't tell by the picture. I'm looking at going with one myself using a RF N/W chainring.

@FullCircle Did your bike have headlights? That moped surely did right? I'm currently working on starting a projector based LED headlight project on my mountain bike. Hopefully no major accidents ensue :3

Nah, it's old school ha ha. 2x9 XTR w/ chainguide. when new she was plenty more than $4500...although those days of frivolous spending are over now that I have kids

I've built many LED lights, I use them mostly for trail riding at night. On the road, like Hutnicks said, if the drivers aren't paying attention it doesn't matter much
post #3659 of 3659
Haha I see some people go for the Tron look :3
I rocked a Fenix PD35 on my last bike but wasn't too happy with it.

I'm sure it made a difference in that scenario... As in it probably caused her eyes to lock on like a deer when she noticed you a split sec before the crash, causing her to tunnel vision right into your frame. Probably not the type of difference most are looking for :/ I'm guessing you're "ok" now? Same thing almost happened to me on my Walmart bike, no lights at the time.

It looked like a really great value for the components it comes with when I shopped around. Hopefully it doesn't start falling apart like that Walmart bike cuz I would be a very sad panda if it does.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home