New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bicycle-Fi! - Page 230

post #3436 of 3449

On our way to Jacob's Well last year.

 

 

Trip last month to McKinney Falls.
 

post #3437 of 3449

Judging from the description of this bike, do you guys think this is a decent deal? I'd have to do the cleaning myself, replace the tires and get the bike fit, I'm assuming.

 

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/4558785000.html

post #3438 of 3449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniping View Post
 

Judging from the description of this bike, do you guys think this is a decent deal? I'd have to do the cleaning myself, replace the tires and get the bike fit, I'm assuming.

 

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/4558785000.html


Thats not a terrible deal. The fact that he's removed the tires is a little disconcerting. With a cross country on it I'd definitely like to ride it before buying. It needs to be checked for squareness, chain wear, chainring and cassette wear and brakes. That is best done with a ride.

post #3439 of 3449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniping View Post

Judging from the description of this bike, do you guys think this is a decent deal? I'd have to do the cleaning myself, replace the tires and get the bike fit, I'm assuming.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/bik/4558785000.html

4000 miles....as long as he's taken good care of it everything should be just fine, those are hard miles in all conditions so I wouldn't be shocked if the BB/wheel bearings are needing a change. Nice frame though

Honestly it's a fair enough price, I'd take a look at it and talk him down another $50 since you need tires/tape and a stem at the bare minimum
post #3440 of 3449

Taken this past Saturday.

 

post #3441 of 3449
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigmode View Post
 

So we're down to posting old pics, lol. Here's where I go for 2min hill sprint repeats--there are several hills in this neighborhood running from 17-20+ percent.

 

 

 

Facing North

 

 

South south-east

Lucky!

post #3442 of 3449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icenine2 View Post
Lucky!

+1 !

post #3443 of 3449

Silent One...............you are big Lucky too with all those cool pictures you post up!

post #3444 of 3449

Happy Y-e-a-h... especially during winter.

post #3445 of 3449

Hi,

I was wondering if it is pertinent here but.....does anyone use and have tips on top-of-the range electric MTBs?

There are now some very cool ones available but it's hard to find out "real world" specs and reliability on them....

 

Thanks!!!

post #3446 of 3449
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckfinn View Post
 

Hi,

I was wondering if it is pertinent here but.....does anyone use and have tips on top-of-the range electric MTBs?

There are now some very cool ones available but it's hard to find out "real world" specs and reliability on them....

 

Thanks!!!

 

Would depend on what you want to use it for.  In all honesty though, you'd probably have a lot better luck with your bike shop outfitting a good MTB with a separate motor/battery known for reliability and power, rather than paying the absurd amounts these companies want for the pre-assembled package

post #3447 of 3449

Thanks for the reply!

Well....maybe in the States it is different (I'm sure it is) but have you seen where I live?....French nationals (maybe only in the South of France but I have doughts) are not exactly know for their work ethic and/or skills

:cool:

I learnt it by living here.

At the same time everybody (well, almost) goes cycling here and in neighbouring Italy. And many have these groovy electric MTBs that, as you state, cost quite some money.

I would use it mostly for going to work (quite hilly here), and during weekends.

I currently average around 7-8000kms/year.

post #3448 of 3449
Quote:
Originally Posted by huckfinn View Post

French nationals (maybe only in the South of France but I have doughts) are not exactly know for their work ethic and/or skills

I would use it mostly for going to work (quite hilly here), and during weekends.

I currently average around 7-8000kms/year.

Then why don't you buy a road bike ? An electric one, if you really have to, even though I must say that I still have trouble of seeing the point of it.

 

And yes, I agree about french mechanics...


Edited by customcoco - 7/11/14 at 11:09am
post #3449 of 3449
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home