New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bicycle-Fi! - Page 191

post #2851 of 3552

Sitting on ones nuts does not strike me as comfortable.. then again i've never sat on a bike like that so maybe, just maybe, it is comfortable... after it becomes numb. 

post #2852 of 3552
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshwalnut View Post
 
after it becomes numb. 
 

That's the trick, actually. My saddle used to hurt me pretty badly, but now it's fine.

post #2853 of 3552
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshwalnut View Post
 

Sitting on ones nuts does not strike me as comfortable.. then again i've never sat on a bike like that so maybe, just maybe, it is comfortable... after it becomes numb. 

 

I don't even know what to say...

post #2854 of 3552
Quote:
Originally Posted by customcoco View Post
 

That's the trick, actually. My saddle used to hurt me pretty badly, but now it's fine.

 

I think i'll stick to my hybrid then... i'd rather have kids someday.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0str3ss View Post
 

I don't even know what to say...

 

Say it with me, NUMBALLS:D 

post #2855 of 3552
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshwalnut View Post
 

 

I think i'll stick to my hybrid then... i'd rather have kids someday.

 

 

Say it with me, NUMBALLS:D 

And if I refuse?

post #2856 of 3552
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshwalnut View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by customcoco View Post
 

That's the trick, actually. My saddle used to hurt me pretty badly, but now it's fine.

 

I think i'll stick to my hybrid then... i'd rather have kids someday.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0str3ss View Post
 

I don't even know what to say...

 

Say it with me, NUMBALLS:D 

 

 

 

Wrong appendage. I get zero numbness, btw. 

post #2857 of 3552
Actually I think folks can get used to any seat. It just takes time and the talent of blocking out the pain for a week.

I just went from a Stelle Royal wide seat to an Entity. Seven days of butt hurt.tongue.gif
Edited by Redcarmoose - 10/16/13 at 6:52pm
post #2858 of 3552

I'm riding a COBB Gen2 Saddle. Quite comfortably, I might add. :wink: 

 

http://www.cobbcycling.com/shop/triathlon-saddles/gen2

post #2859 of 3552

My butt refuses almost anything but good ol' Selle Italia Turbo from 80's: tried a couple of others, my good ol' Turbo (original thing, with me from when it was introduced ), although battered and ungainly to the sight, is still/again (dis)gracing my regular road bike. But "where my  back loses its proper name" simply adores it.  Here pic of a NOS sample:

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

I might decide to get another NOS sample, but the battered one has too much emotional value ( saw three frame changes in its lifetime... ) for me to replace just because of pretty face.

post #2860 of 3552

Horray just dropped 2lbs off the bike with new Easton handlebar, FSA Stem, and Easton grips.  Stock handlebar+stem+grips weighed 3lbs.  Local shop doesn't have a crankset I want in stock, so might have to get it online.

Easton EA70 XC - 180g

FSA OS-190 - 152g

Easton grips 115g

 

Oh speaking of seats, I bought a new seat recently.  The seat on the used bike made me feel homeless.  It's pretty comfy for now, but I wonder how it will hold up in the rain.

WTB Pure V


Edited by PFULMTL - 10/17/13 at 3:28am
post #2861 of 3552
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFULMTL View Post
 

Horray just dropped 2lbs off the bike with new Easton handlebar, FSA Stem, and Easton grips.  Stock handlebar+stem+grips weighed 3lbs.  Local shop doesn't have a crankset I want in stock, so might have to get it online.

Easton EA70 XC - 180g

FSA OS-190 - 152g

Easton grips 115g

 

Oh speaking of seats, I bought a new seat recently.  The seat on the used bike made me feel homeless.  It's pretty comfy for now, but I wonder how it will hold up in the rain.

WTB Pure V

Wow you really needed a new saddle... For me theres no problem in riding in the rain, just make sure you clean with at least a towel when you go back home.

post #2862 of 3552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post
 

I'm riding a COBB Gen2 Saddle. Quite comfortably, I might add. :wink: 

 

http://www.cobbcycling.com/shop/triathlon-saddles/gen2

 

That saddle costs more then my bike... that's just ridiculous.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFULMTL View Post

 

 

Oh speaking of seats, I bought a new seat recently.  The seat on the used bike made me feel homeless.  It's pretty comfy for now, but I wonder how it will hold up in the rain.

WTB Pure V

 

Haha, i have the same seat! ...The serfas... it looks like it, it has a gel like texture.. right? I got it at wally-mart for $30! It probably weighs 5 pounds lol.. i've had mine for about 5 years, there's a little fading but other then that it's in pretty good shape. Did you go commando on that poor thing? lmfao 


Edited by joshwalnut - 10/17/13 at 8:48am
post #2863 of 3552
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshwalnut View Post

That saddle costs more then my bike... that's just ridiculous.


Haha, i have the same seat! ...The serfas... it looks like it, it has a gel like texture.. right? I got it at wally-mart for $30! It probably weighs 5 pounds lol.. i've had mine for about 5 years, there's a little fading but other then that it's in pretty good shape. Did you go commando on that poor thing? lmfao 

You only touch the bike in 3 spots. Saving money at any of those spots is a poor choice....

If one can be comfy on a cheap saddle then awesome! I can't. Too much padding and no cut out = unpleasant
post #2864 of 3552
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferday View Post


You only touch the bike in 3 spots. Saving money at any of those spots is a poor choice....

If one can be comfy on a cheap saddle then awesome! I can't. Too much padding and no cut out = unpleasant

A lot of people just don´t have the money for that, thats the issue. Without a bike a saddle can´t do a big deal for you, unless you like to ride 200$ saddles on 20/30 pounds iron bikes. :D

post #2865 of 3552

                                                                               

 

                                                                                HOW  WE  DO  IT  IN  SLOVENIA

 

 

This is video from the recent Worlds in Florence, Italy. It shows extraordinary descending skills of Matej Mohorič from Slovenia ( pronounced close to Matey Mohorich ), the old and new World Champion in road race. Last year in Junior, this year in under 23 years of age  U23 category, making him the only cyclist to have won 2 World Championships in a row - yet he is still not 19 years old !

 

I knew the game would be over if the competition did not drop him at the final ascent by at least 30 seconds - yet he was first over the last top. I have heard of his stunts on descents, but never saw it in person, either on raod or on TV. The poor unsuspecting guy from South Africa, who finished second in the end, could not have enjoyed the speck in the distance becoming ever smaller... - he even commented at the press conference for the podium that Matej was simply too good on descent, with a resigned smile of both disbelief and admiration at the same time.

 

Matej is perfectly capable of winning on any course - it was just the course in Florence that could not have suited him better. This is the first time I saw such descending, which is capable of exceeding "free fall terminal velocity" - by achieving lower cross sectional area (better aerodynamics ) while still capable of pedalling. So, famed Nibali's descending may well have met more than just a match; next year, Matej is with Cannondale Pro Tour team.

 

 

The only gripe with the first video is selection of music - if that is Slovenian music, I am Martian. It missed Slovenia by at least 500 to 1000 miles to the south.  Since I AM sensitive  to the selection of music (mis)representing my country  , it should have been at very least something like this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7gFNaGYEs8

by Avsenik http://sl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ansambel_bratov_Avsenik ( I am afraid you will have to "enjoy" online translation ...) 

 

Needless to say, descending a la Matej Mohorič is not something you should try to copy on your own bike; just a few posts back there was debate regarding comfort of the various saddles and its effect on male anatomy. ANY saddle is far more cojones friendly than the top tube ...


Edited by analogsurviver - 10/17/13 at 10:23pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home