New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bicycle-Fi! - Page 182

post #2716 of 3332

Bike Porn - Classic 2007 trek frame, dura ace. I love the classic lines. No bent carbon for me.

post #2717 of 3332

Looks like a nice day out, as well... 

post #2718 of 3332

937049

 

My new repair stand - Feedback Sports "Sprint" model. Free rotate 360* or locked position:

 

http://feedbacksports.com/shop/Sprint-Work-Stand-P74.aspx

post #2719 of 3332

That bike..:eek:

post #2720 of 3332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elader View Post
 

Bike Porn - Classic 2007 trek frame, dura ace. I love the classic lines. No bent carbon for me.

I Have to agree that there is something very appealing about straight frames, that bike almost looks fantastic, for me though
I hate to see stems and bars that point up slightly like that, it takes away an aggressive edge to the bike as a whole. but then it is important to have a bike that fits, so I guess it's not always possible to have that look. I'm strange like that.
 

post #2721 of 3332

 

:D

post #2722 of 3332

re bars tilted up -

 

fat old men need bikes too. :-)

post #2723 of 3332

 

 

 

 

 

After ridding almost everyday for the last seven months, I basically killed my last bike. Upgraded to a Shimano drive-train and Hydraulics. I also went though the shock of going from a small to a medium, I'm 5'11. The 27.5 rims with Smart Sams are a speed upgrade on hills. I really went though a lot this time to avoid rebuilding my bottom bracket.:veryevil: 

 

 

2014 Polygon Xtrada 5.0 27.5er Hard-tail

 

 

 


Edited by Redcarmoose - 9/30/13 at 5:51am
post #2724 of 3332

Its a no brainer, the new BBs are so easy to replace!

post #2725 of 3332
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigmode View Post

Its a no brainer, the new BBs are so easy to replace!


Yes that's true, actually I had a number of things happening. This bike has better parts all around, plus 27.5 rims. 5 year frame and 2 year parts warranty.

This Shimano bbun26 bottom bracket can be repurchased completely new with new barrings for $19.00 usd. You just put it in.

I only spent $250 difference with trade. I don't know if your familiar with Tektro mechanical brakes but if was well worth the money just to move to Shimano hydrolic brakes. The bike shifts better than my old bike even after just being tuned.It was worth it.
Edited by Redcarmoose - 9/30/13 at 12:40pm
post #2726 of 3332

Enough of this pulling folders and pushing paper... time to bust outta here for the afternoon. Where's that darn Cervelo?!

post #2727 of 3332
So I'm kinda new to the whole bike thing, what's the #1 place to buy parts from and what's the Head-Fi of the biking world?
post #2728 of 3332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hente View Post

So I'm kinda new to the whole bike thing, what's the #1 place to buy parts from and what's the Head-Fi of the biking world?

 

I enjoy bikeforums.net

post #2729 of 3332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hente View Post

So I'm kinda new to the whole bike thing, what's the #1 place to buy parts from and what's the Head-Fi of the biking world?

Mtbr.com, no question. The second biggest bike site on the webz and the most like head-fi with over the top fanboys, too many ads, and sassy exchanges alike

Where you buy parts from depends on where you're from. JensonUSA/pricepoint in the states and chain reaction cycles most everywhere else
post #2730 of 3332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcarmoose View Post
 

 

After ridding almost everyday for the last seven months, I basically killed my last bike. Upgraded to a Shimano drive-train and Hydraulics. I also went though the shock of going from a small to a medium, I'm 5'11. The 27.5 rims with Smart Sams are a speed upgrade on hills. I really went though a lot this time to avoid rebuilding my bottom bracket.:veryevil: 

 


I'm also 5'11, I ride Large frames o.0 I've been professionally fitted twice, both times they looked at me, put me on a medium. On both occasions the medium felt cramped and didn't sit well,
On a large frame I fit very well, I never feel over stretched or bunched up, on my road and mountain bike.
I could never imagine riding a bike with a small frame seriously 0.o
That being said, my Flatmate is 5'10.5 and rides a medium, he looks natural on a medium frame, and really really awkward and stretched and unstable on a large.
so I guess at 5'11 a medium is reasonable too. Just something I can't do....
Nice to see you on a new bike though :D
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home