Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH-D7000
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Denon AH-D7000 - Page 485

post #7261 of 7265

I have both the D2k and D7k, the former is a little heavier on the bass and treble's a tad harsher, but it does everything (pop, rock, movies, vocals) I've thrown at it easily enough. The D7k is more refined compared to the D2k, smoother treble with bass that isn't very hard hitting as the D2k, but still has great presence. I'm already lovin' the D7k, I have a chance to complete the series with a D5k for about 300USD but that one sounds like a good bit of work needed to bring it up to good specs.....requires a headband change for one. I guess I should be contended with these two badboys, gonna spend as much time as I can with them before I'd send them off to be modded (detachable cables).

post #7262 of 7265

took out my dusty d7k for a spin, eh...kinda spiky in the highs..lacks 3D...somethings wrong,

put my hand into the tubebox, and pulled out a $25, 1951 RCA Jan CRC 5R4GY,

plugged into the CSP2+........

and that transparent, out of the cup, spacious, clean sound came back to awe me...

MIGHTY HAPPY ..this DENON is magical !

 

post #7263 of 7265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

took out my dusty d7k for a spin, eh...kinda spiky in the highs..lacks 3D...somethings wrong,

put my hand into the tubebox, and pulled out a $25, 1951 RCA Jan CRC 5R4GY,

plugged into the CSP2+........

and that transparent, out of the cup, spacious, clean sound came back to awe me...

MIGHTY HAPPY ..this DENON is magical !

 

 

i wonder how this RCA compares with a 300B tube on your amp.

post #7264 of 7265
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulchiu View Post
 

 

i wonder how this RCA compares with a 300B tube on your amp.

 

my amp is the csp2+...dun think it can take a 300B..not that i am aware of..hmmm :P

post #7265 of 7265
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorspeaker View Post
 

 

my amp is the csp2+...dun think it can take a 300B..not that i am aware of..hmmm :P

 

i think the 300B Rectifier Tube can be used on the csp2+, giving you a lot more rolling choices.

the 274B Western Electric are pretty much myth or harder to find as Elvis.  Many people feel the 300B is very comparable to the 274B. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Denon AH-D7000